Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
time for the skinny on the joint...
    #3963001 - 03/24/05 12:25 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

What is the whole Europeans putting tobacco in joints thing all about??
What is the purpose of such an act?
What is the correct ratio? Tree to tobacco, 50/50 25/75.. what?
also do all Europeans roll those cool looking cone joints? :smile:

I assume that one benefit to mixing the two would be you would use less tree but still fill a joint.
Using less tree is good for the wallet, but why not just roll a straight herb joint..

I also assume that a mix J isn't as potent as a 100% herb joint..
Now part of me is thinking that maybe just maybe it gets you just as high, because of the effect tobacco has on me when I'm toking..
I occasionally will take slightly smaller hits an take a drag from my cig all before exhaling.
I always seem to get pretty damn high doing that. Just as high if not more...
So naturally I'm rather confused...

I hope that someone out there will have some answers..
As I've got a party Friday that I'd like to roll some joints for..
I was thinking of rolling cone "mix'ers"..
One to be different, and two because I was planning on experimenting with them anyway..
I'd much rather get a little info though before trying it out...

Help me out guys, fill me in :grin:

:gd_icon::peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineerags
Get the most outof your gourd
 User Gallery

Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #3963041 - 03/24/05 12:35 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

At least in Europe you can smoke a handrolled joint and not look weird cause thats how they smoke their tobacco. As for mixing they all do those spliffs. Usually its because they add hash which is easier to obtain and carry than buds like we're used to. They also add tobacco because they really like tobacco! That rolled shit will knock your socks off, worse than Marlboro reds and unfiltered too. 2 drags of Drum will make your stomach sick and walk like a drunk if you dont have tobacco tolerance. Its the worst. They dont smoke straight up joints for the most part thats considered a US or Canadian thing to do, even in Amsterdam.

--------------------
http://www.bumwine.com/

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #3963070 - 03/24/05 12:44 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

ImYourSpedFriend said:

I hope that someone out there will have some answers..
As I've got a party Friday that I'd like to roll some joints for..
I was thinking of rolling cone "mix'ers"..

Don't do it!

--------------------

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: muistrue]
    #3963118 - 03/24/05 12:53 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Well that helps a lot man :lol:

Why not? What is your input.. It must be more than "Don't do it" :smile:

OfflineTRaNCeD
Pritch Man

Loc: Sniffin your coke
    #3963149 - 03/24/05 01:00 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I can definately see that if you mix them up, it would get you higher than if you only smoked half a joint. (50/50 ratio you said) I find if i smoke a cig after a nice fat blunt it gets me higher. Thats me tho, i dont smoke cigs. Either way i agree with erags, strait up unfiltered tobacco is harsh and will probobly make you throw up like a drunk. Give it try tho, im sure all that couging will at least make you a bit lightheaded, that always makes you gitty.

Offlinepleco
Astralnaut

Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: TRaNCeD]
    #3963189 - 03/24/05 01:09 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I don't think any of this is European, man...

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: erags]
    #3963253 - 03/24/05 01:28 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

Usually its because they add hash which is easier to obtain and carry than buds like we're used to. They also add tobacco because they really like tobacco!

You seem very uninformed... hasj isn't easier to obtain than weed. Also I don't think everybody likes tobacco here, it's just how you see everybody do it and when you start rolling joints yourself you'll do it the same way. So it's more part of culture here.
Also most people couldn't handle a pure joint of potent weed. They just like to get high, but not completely stoned out of their skull. Personally I like 'em pure though :grin: But even I roll with some tobacco usually because it's easier to roll that way. Also how else to smoke hasj when going out than in a joint with a little tobacco. Compared to my friends I make very thin joints with the same amount of hasj/weed they put in their joints. I refuse to smoke joints with a shitload of tobacco, yuck!
What I usualy see is that people put 75% of tobacco and 25% of weed in their joint. If you want to try it don't go with more than 1/3rd of tobacco.

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: stefan]
    #3963260 - 03/24/05 01:33 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Nice man, thanks :laugh:

Anymore input from anyone else is greatly appreciated..
The more points of view I have the better I can make an informed decision...

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#3963295 - 03/24/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

ImYourSpedFriend said:
Well that helps a lot man :lol:

Why not? What is your input.. It must be more than "Don't do it" :smile:

Because that would be a party foul. When you pass a joint at a party your not the only one hittin it. A lot of people choose not to partake of tobacco, and for good reason. That would be so harsh for so many people. You would be the man if you passed around a kind ass joint that EVERYONE can enjoy. If someone smokes tobacco they will have that available seperatly.

--------------------

OfflineoDin
    #3963298 - 03/24/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

i learned to roll cones from phl on irc a while back...no tobacco tho. the paper tipping is a nice touch

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: oDin]
    #3963312 - 03/24/05 01:43 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

the paper tipping is a nice touch

I thought everyone did that? (you mean the roach right?)

OfflineoDin
    #3963319 - 03/24/05 01:45 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

well its like a thin cardboard "filter" so you dont need a roach clip

most j's i see in the US dont have it

Offlinestefan
work in progress

#3963332 - 03/24/05 01:48 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

ok, we're talking about the same thing. I couldn't imagine smoking a joint without it :thumbup:

I once saw someone roll a joint and then put the tip in after they finished rolling :shocked:
it's easier to roll it in right away

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

#3963376 - 03/24/05 01:58 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I've always rolled with roaches man (thin cardboard "filter").. It's just the way people do it round here... As a matter of fact I keep all the little tabs from my cig boxes, (the two tabs right under the flip top part) so I can have a cache around when I decide to roll a J...

Fractal: Everyone that is coming smokes more than I do, an everyone will be smoking while they toke for sure. That is the only reason that I am going to do a little experimenting with it when I am.. Plus if they have a problem with free tree then they are just crazy..

I understand what you are saying though. I most likely will not do it again unless I'm rolling for myself (if I like it) for the reason you stated.. Plus I'll tell'em all before hand.

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
    #3963387 - 03/24/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

we mix for several reasons
It's rolls into cones easy, and you put a stopper of tobacco at the roach to stop the hash blocking the roach.
It enhances the effect, of the hash, or weed... we get more and more weed because home grown is every where now...

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: RJLR]
    #3963423 - 03/24/05 02:11 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

It's rolls into cones easy, and you put a stopper of tobacco at the roach to stop the hash blocking the roach.

I agree. Also I never put weed/hasj in the last cm or so in front of the roach, just put tobacco there. the last part sucks to smoke anyway, it's harsh.

It doesn't enhance the effect imo, but it makes it different though.

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#3963454 - 03/24/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Anyone know why herb/tobacco joints are called "freshies"?
just doesn't seem right to me :confused:

--------------------

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: muistrue]
    #3963908 - 03/24/05 07:44 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I learned to roll in Germany years ago.  I was taught to roll the cone-joint/spliff with the rolled cardboard filter and mix of tobacco and weed that you speak of.

When I was first getting into it, I remember my friend John actually having to bum a cigarette in order to roll a joint one time.  We had the papers, we had the weed...  needed a cigarette.

When I asked what the purpose of the tobacco was, I was always told "it burns better".  I rarely ever noticed these things have a problem with running, so maybe this is true.

Here's how I was taught.

Firstly, always used king-size papers from smoking.de, available at any tobacco store in Germany.  I preferred the blue rice paper ones:

but many preferred the red:

The red were heavier paper, so you could be rougher with them, which is probably why most people preferred them - I took the time to do it right with the rice papers :thumbup:  These kingsize papers are 110x53mm in size, so they are a bit bigger than your standard zig-zags.

Alright, so it was those papers.  To make the filter, you ripped a piece of cardboard off the flip-top of the papers holder, or maybe used some cardboard from a cigarette pack, or at worst a business card or something.  You'd take the ripped strip (usually about a thumb's width) and roll it up.  Not too tight, but enough at least that it will catch everything...  Well, if you're one of the weird Americans that uses filters in all their rolls, you know what I am talking about.

Next, you would prepare your mix.  Basically, you break up the marijuana and get some tobacco (by emptying a half of a cigarette usually).  Generally, the ratio would be anywhere from 50-50 to 75-25.  Mix the broken up marijuana with the tobacco so it is even amounts of marijuana all throughout the tobacco.

Now you would pick up your filter and then place it on one end of a paper, inside the middle of the fold, and then pull the edge of the paper that is by the filter downward, while letting the other side go upward.  If your filter is on the left, you'll have an angle like /, only really shallow, of course.  Then you crease it on this diagonal angle.  This is how you get the cool cone shape.  Here are some horrible pictures I tried to take, maybe it will give you some idea:

Roll down to become:

Now, you open it up, with the filter in place on your new diagonal crease, and start sprinkling in your mix.  Do it evenly across the entire way, not necessarilly packing super tight.  You aren't using all of your mix, either.  Next, I was taught to do a french roll.  This is where you close up your cone now, with the large cone end open.  You lick it all the way up, make sure it is secure around the filter, and such, and then pack the rest of your mix into the open cone-end.  Use something to pack down further as needed, and as a final step, you squeeze the end and then shake it so that it tightens up a bit.  If you're n00b and wrapped your filter too loosely, your filter will go flying out.  If you're pro, it will all stick.  Finally, twist up the end, and burn it like a fuse.

:stoned:

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3964048 - 03/24/05 08:58 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I've mixed tobacco with pot before.. first to try it out, then to relax with a cone, and now find it handy if my pot dries out real bad. Can't always remember to close the bag...

Anyhow, this thread's inspired me to roll one and get lit.

:thumbup:

Btw, for the 'filter', you can just cut a little piece from the zigzag cardboard.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: time for the skinny on the joint... [Re: Adden]
    #3964506 - 03/24/05 11:18 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

when i'm in the US, i smoke straight kind-buds from glass. but when i'm in europe (most of the time), i usually mix hash and tobacco (properly toasted tobacco, of course!). And, actually, i prefer to mix my buds with tobacco to roll a joint than to roll it alone. it just doesn't burn properly alone, and wastes waaay too much. i'm a big fan of Smoking brand papers as well, but i prefer the black ones. Also slim OCBs work nicely. and I'm a bit divided on whether one should roll with the hash/tabac mix, or if they should roll a cone first and then fill it up. I usually due to former until I'm too fucked up, and then switch to the later method.

there's just nothing like a nicely rolled spliff - esp a good mix of skunk, hash, and nicely-toasted tabac.

:rasta:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale