Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Pan Subbs or...
    #3962562 - 03/23/05 10:54 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Mushroom Pic
I recently just visited a creek (just rained for 2 weeks) near 2-3 pastures, one with cows other with horses etc. I found about 32 paddies no telling what they were but I can narrow it down to two horse, or cow dung. Anyways I picked some mushies that could be pan subbs but very doubtful but I took the spore prints and im scanning... yes scanning my kodiak just wont work n'more. Before I do this I wanna tell you what i know so far:

Sporeprint: Jet black, or black (not expereinced photo on way)

Stalk: somewhat long (I collected 11) some are long others arent mostly due to maturity. its color is a purple brown or redish brown. It seems to go white once it nearly reaches gills. In one of my mushies the stalk is pretty thick in others their skinny. The stalk on a few smaller ones have water droplets on the upper stalk, near the gills.

Cap: Theres brown-tan with some faint pinkish white in it, bell shaped nearly but not quite more like an O with a little nipple(this is only on a few). Theres also what seems to be a brownish ring around the cap of some of them. The tip of one of the mushies is yellow but faded towards a very deep tan color after a few hours of picking. (they all look the same but very doubtful)..(also some of the mushies are pure tan but almost maintain the same shape)

Gills: In some of the more mature looking ones the gills are grey with some small white dots on those gills. Other gills which would be the majoity of what I collected have a light-brown to brown gills. So im guessing younger mushies of this type have tan or light-brown gills, whilst the more mature ones have darker gills with patterns of white dots.

Veil: Absent

Also before I scan them I have a few other mushies I wish to point out. (only 1 more for now; about 7 different species to id.. but I want to know if I have actives or not :smile: would be my first time, specialy with my own find)

This one grew on some dung too *dung is unkown*

Cap: Redish-Brown (at first glimpse looked a beautiful red yet I noticed the dense brown), small (probably immature) with seeable gills on edge of cap *immaturity?*. Very silky looking and smooth and sticky.(after suffacating the mushy while printing it it turned a tannish color around the tip but not the tip)

Stalk: Nice tan almost golden, bruising is hardly noticeable but perhaps its dark brown.

Gills: They seemed attached and their light brown, again a tannish color.

Print: It seems black could be brownish black.

Veil: Absent

Odor: Yes it has one and phew I dunno i dont like it!

P.S. how do i wash mushrooms *theyre so FRAGILE! and yet so is my scanners screen :frown:*

Mushrooms Pics

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (03/24/05 04:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineconverse
Stranger
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #3962570 - 03/23/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

subbb !

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: converse]
    #3962594 - 03/23/05 11:01 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Wait till I get photo's I dont wanna pop a deadly cap into my digestive system, also about the washing of my mushies how would I go about doing it.

--------------------
Quote:

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

Hail Shroomery!

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#3963076 - 03/24/05 12:45 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Ooook took me forever to get situated but I got em all there now it's probably a little wierd but like I said their O'ishly shaped could be bell shape, some also have darkish brown belts around the cap as you can see and it shld all be there... heres the link Mushroom Pics

Please help id these I would really appreciate it, all info shld be in the above posts.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (03/24/05 12:46 AM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#3965580 - 03/24/05 03:55 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I need someone to at least id them for me please.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3966823 - 03/24/05 09:38 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I have to try really hard to see the brown outer ring. Black spore print and dung habitat along with general appearance indicate Panaeolus, but I don't know if they are Pan subbs.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: shroomydan]
    #3967274 - 03/24/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

As far as what *species* is concerned, I don't think we could tell you without a microscope and a copy of the Panaeolus monogram. There is no doubt in my mind that those are in the Panaeolus genus. As far as if they're active or not, I'm not sure.

If I had to guess, I'd say they might be mildly active, based on thickness of the stem. Subbs have pretty beefy stems, like yours to. There are no known poisonous mushrooms in the Panaeolus genus, but most of the time you will get a stomach ache and/or diarreah... whether they're active or not. I never look forward to the day after eating Pan subbs :x

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: Gumby]
    #3967377 - 03/25/05 12:07 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Then why eat them?Just curious.Is the trip good enough to suffer the shits tha day after?

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3968176 - 03/25/05 10:16 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Baton_Rouge_Voodoo said:
Then why eat them?Just curious.Is the trip good enough to suffer the shits tha day after?

Actually, yes it is. Pan subbs might be weak, but they are by far my favorite mushroom to trip on. The visuals are much more LSD like, for me at least. My trip buddy agrees that Pan subbs are his favorite. So far we've sampled Pan subbs, cubes, and weilii. I might add Gymnopilus to that list tonight (if I can get them down) :smile:

24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: Gumby]
    #3968797 - 03/25/05 01:07 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I've only tried Cubes and Copes,both were pretty crazy.I'm always down to try something new,but I always read that Pan Subbs are'nt really worth the effort and that it would take a massive amount to feel desirable effects.
There's 2 horses that roam with the cows in one of the main fields I hunt and I don't recall seeing anything growing from the horse turds,I may have I don't really remember,but if I find some on the next hunt I'm gonna have to give em a try.The shits are a small price to pay for a good trip.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3969142 - 03/25/05 02:13 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

You will not find them growing in horse turds unless the horse manure is mixed with straw and stable shavings. They do grow in cow manure., Also extrelmely rare. And as for dosage. You only need to eat the same amount by fresh or dry weight as you would P. cubensis. They are close in the same potency.

mj

24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3969595 - 03/25/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I knew they grew in cow turds given the right conditions,I just thought they grew more predominantly in horse crap which you just pointed out.I tend to read more posts than I do the literature made available to us here.

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#3969702 - 03/25/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Since I'm getting positive replies towards the mushrooms being of pan. species I'm going to go ahead and try them. I'm use to having the shits, as a kid I had bowel problems... so as long as these mushrooms aren't FATAL as any pan. aren't, than I'm fine with testing them. I wanna know if there are any that are FATAL or poisonous look alikes I should know of? Here are the screen shots again and to view a CLOSER screen of the mushrooms just save as, then go into your photo shop and zoom in; the resolution is much bigger so zooming in shouldn't blur it, I had to thumbnail it so it would actually be accepted by the shroomery "My Pics" bandwith.

Im currently drying them under a heating lamp.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Edited by Savako (03/25/05 07:03 PM)

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

#3969888 - 03/25/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Not regarding to my above post I just found out some new things, the flesh is very thin: this helps identify theyre of Pan Genus I beleive.

--------------------
Quote:

Hail Shroomery!

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #3970259 - 03/25/05 08:21 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

You have some unidentified Little Tan Pans.  :cool:

If you plan to eat them, it is wise to save one complete specimen and little pieces of a few others for ID purposes. If on the off chance you end up in the hospital the samples will be valuable to medical personnel. As you mentioned, there are no known poisonous species of Panaeolus, however, probably less than half of all species of mushrooms have been described, and of the named species,  we have reliable edibility info on less than half of them.

"Nobody has found a poisonous Pan" does not necessarily imply "there are no poisonous Pans", though it seems unlikely that anyone will ever find a poisonous one.

We are operating within the in the realm of uncertainty. Those mushrooms you are holding may be magic, they may be harmless, or they may be poison.

I would bet a hundred to one that you will experience no effects at all if you eat them. Of course that's just a guess. All we know about the edibility/toxicity of mushrooms came from people eating them, and because we don't know what species you have, we can't know if anyone has eaten them before.

Some feel that unidentified mushrooms should never be eaten, but I eat unidentified Bolets because there are easy tests to rule out known poisonous ones. Perhaps Pans are just as safe. 

If you chose to run this experiment, then please be safe about it. You will likely experience nothing but bad taste.

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: shroomydan]
    #3973478 - 03/26/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I've found panaeolus that appear exactly
like those and yes they were active. I've always
thought them to be P. subbalteatus. Although light
almost faded, they grow in groupings along side the tan
brown zonated ring type... The proof is in the pudding,
or tea for that matter..!! unless your eating them fresh tea is the
way to go... dried p. subbs burn my tounge.. If they are starting
to deliquiese,, they have an unmistakeable smell of urine... Nofindum.

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: Pan Subbs or... [Re: nofind_um]
    #3973566 - 03/26/05 06:24 PM (19 years, 7 days ago)

I checked with Santa and according to him, they are at the very least edble to some degree, and that you will probably wnd up hungry for them by morning anyway. Hope you fry!

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract