Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger

Loc: Texas
preparing for a heroic dose
    #3961489 - 03/23/05 07:36 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Some good things have recently happened to me, and I feel like it's a good time to trip. I'm planning for this Saturday (26th) :laugh:

I am new to this site (relatively) and I am realizing that I haven't tried many new things while tripping. Usually I take a moderate dose, around 3 grams, and lie down in complete darkness and just think things through.

For example I've never tripped in the light, I've never eaten while tripping and I've never watched TV on shrooms. I have listened to music, but usually after the peak.

So what I want to do is something different. I was thinking of taking around 8 or 9 grams of freshly dried shrooms. Then I would like to have a lot of different foods prepared like milkshakes and fruits (things I don't have to cook) and try eating those. I would also like to be listening to music and (later on) watch a movie.

So what do you think about this plan?
  • 1. Dosage: 6 grams freshly dried, what do you think?

• 2. Foods: Pre-cut mango, oranges, maybe pineapple or coconut, prepared yogurt milkshakes with berries...?

• 3. Music: I was thinking of making a playlist of NiN, Pink Floyd and Shpongle. Can you suggest any particular songs? I really don't know much about any of these bands.

• 4. Movie: I'm going to watch Fantasia for the come up. Any thoughts?

I hope you can give me advice on this, as I really want to put some effort into making this a great experience. Thanks :grin:

EDIT: I updated the dose and such.

Edited by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl (03/24/05 01:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTiCal
Stranger

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3961509 - 03/23/05 07:42 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Good luck watching a movie on 8-9 grams. You might be better off in a bed. Sounds fun though!

Offlineusernamer
Stranger

#3961510 - 03/23/05 07:42 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

8,9 wet? or dried? 8,9 wet barly 1 gram dried..

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: usernamer]
    #3961585 - 03/23/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

well, i never have done a dosage that high, but please don't watch "Fear and Loathing in Los Vegas" just is not the  kind of vibes you want on a dosage that high.  Have you done a anything near 8g before?  I think it would be safer to take smaller steps if all you do is 3g.  Maybe try 4.5g.  8g=(just a guess) massive mind fuck, total ego loss(so i hear its just like dieing)and any ability to stand up.  But then again...u get to be reborn if you undergo ego loss...so its all good.  I'm not trying to scare you, just making sure you have a great time.  No matter if you take 3g or 13g dried...just remember when your tripping....Toddo is sending you gooooood vibes!! :wink: :thumbup: :thumbup: :grin: :sun: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: Toddo]
    #3961722 - 03/23/05 08:26 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

If you really think you are ready, then go for it man.
Believe me, no body is ever ready though. Just take it as it is and you will have a great time. If you are really up for a major life changing time, then jump right in. The food you will probably not even get to, if you are gonna eat nine grams that is. I have eaten nine before and let me tell you, you are gonna be in for a ride. Shpongle is best listened to as a whole, get "Tales of the Inexpressible" that is a good one. Also Pink Floyd "Echos" is one of my all time favorites. I would also suggest watch Fantasia as you take your dose and while you come up. It can be good to have something to take your mind off the anxiety of rocketing upward. You probably won't even make it through Fantasia, when it comes to that point, do whatever you want. That is the way to go, enjoy your mind and all the complexities of it. Bask in the radiance that is you! Enjoy it, brother. Good vibes all the way!

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
    #3961724 - 03/23/05 08:26 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

he said freshly dried!

duder, that sounds like a fun ass time, but you will be alone ya? that could be intensor...

id go with a setup that was stupidly blissful  :yesnod:(weee)

for a movie,if your local library has the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy VHS series and you like sci-fi/comedy/retro adventure/philosphical ....get that! even if you dont watch it thne(long) the next day, itll prolly be very amusing

anyways, just have fun!!!!

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Stranger

#3961746 - 03/23/05 08:29 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

That's good to know everyone. Thanks.

Hmmm... maybe 8 grams is a bit too much? Hmmm...

I would still like a high dose, I just feel somehow like I'm ready for it. But I would also like to try new things like eating and watching a movie.

It is hard for me to say exactly what dose I'm used to since I usually take fresh mushies, between 30 and 40 grams or so. I assume this would be 3-4 grams dried.

EDIT: Also I will have a sitter (my sister) nearby in case I need help or just need someone to talk to.

Edited by lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl (03/23/05 08:41 PM)

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #3962119 - 03/23/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I reccomend 5 dried grams. That will get you where you want to go. 8 grams might scare your sister. You don't want her to see you like that!

--------------------

InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
    #3962206 - 03/23/05 09:44 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

For a great treat, watch Baraka, or Microcosmos, or Koyanisquatsi, or Yellow Submarine.
And citrus fruit is great, tastes awesome and smells really good.
Have fun!

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Offlinesuperfalk
shroomer
 User Gallery

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3962395 - 03/23/05 10:14 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I've tripped on 10 grams dried before and my mind was complete mush.....everything i planned to do did not happen, it was way to hard to think or know what it was i wanted to do. I would suggest 5 - 5.5.....you'll take off with that. As for music you said shpongle...definitely "A New Way To Say Hooray!"....or any shpongle for that matter. HAVE FUN!

--------------------
I'm Shpongled!

OfflineHrethic
A Human, Being

Loc: Passing through the bulk Flag
Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: ToolTroll]
    #3962453 - 03/23/05 10:25 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Whew... 9 grams. I'm getting prepared for my going-to-be-a-major-dose at 6 grams. I've done 4 before, and it was nothing i couldn't handle, but very intense. 6 i can only imagine would be more visual, more intense and more complex...

Have fun man! It'd be great to have all those things around, but like someone already said, you won't even be thinking about all that on such high a dose. Just see where it gets you, and if you're not 100% there just remember it's all in your mind, and you can steer it anyway you want!

--------------------
Will all the big boomers please unveil, please unveil, please unveil.

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: superfalk]
    #3962454 - 03/23/05 10:25 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

expect something very different than you're three gram usual. I would take the food out of the picture, they are likely to just make you sick. Make sure the people around you know what's going on, that way if you freak out you can seak their help. Write yourself messages not to panic and stuff. I'de get 5 hours or so of music ready, play it and just lay in bed the whole time.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Stranger

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: Toricious]
    #3962544 - 03/23/05 10:50 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

After reading all of your replies (and I appreciate each and every one) I think maybe 9 grams is too much for what I have in mind. And yes my sis may be just a bit freaked out. I have to think about her too.

What I'll do instead is take 6 grams. Life is long and if I decide I someday to go for 9 then I'll deal with it then... of course this means I'll probably waste the remaining 3 grams, but oh well.

When its closer to saturday I'll let you all know more details on my plan :mushroom2::flowerchild::mushroom2:

Offlineusernamer
Stranger

Re: preparing for a heroic dose *DELETED* [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3962604 - 03/23/05 11:04 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by usernamer

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River... Flag
Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: usernamer]
    #3962753 - 03/23/05 11:36 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I agree with 5 or 5.5 because 9 will obliterate you. If you are up for rediscovering, well everything and how it all fits together and to really have a very intense, primal experience, then hey! Jump in, the water's fine! :smile:

Like someone else said, the movie will not be important, but will be good to focus on during the come up because it will be intense.

Get a snuggly blanket you can lie under because you will get cold and you will be HAPPY to have the blankie later :smile:

I love to eat gummi candy when I am tripping. It just tastes spectacular.

Remember to have some water standing by. You will be out of it and you will get deheydrated.

Enjoy and come back and tell us how it went! :smile:

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: efrog]
    #3962941 - 03/24/05 12:12 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

You've got it all backwards man!

Silent Darkness is for heroic doses, tasting mangoes and listening to pink floyd is what you do on the lighter trips  :smile:

Seriously though, I'd try five before jumping to eight

--------------------

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #3963985 - 03/24/05 08:34 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

all i can really say is you're probably not going to do any of those
things. high-intensity trips tend to impair your ability to perform
goal-oriented activities, like turning on a television or opening the
refrigerator.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: Toricious]
    #3964379 - 03/24/05 10:44 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Toricious has one of the best suggestions I've never thought of doing myself, but would probably prove to be extremely useful in some situations.

Write yourself some notes to read later on if you're feeling unsure about things,  I don't want to tell you what to write because I think it'd be important that the ntoes were entirely self-conceived and your best ability to reassure yourself of your eventual return to normal reality, but usually the most convincing/believable person you know is yourself (unless you have schizophrenia :wink:

I think if I were having a bad trip or a rough time, reading a note from my sober self saying Don't panic, you're still here, you're still reading this.  or anything simple like that could really have a profound effect if a good sitter was not able to talk you down.

anyways, you shouldn't expect to have to go through this, it sounds like you are well prepared and will have an excellent time.  my movie suggestion is, like others mentioned, Yellow Submarine or Willy Wonka.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: kake]
    #3965014 - 03/24/05 01:20 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I ate 7 grams dried once, and I vomited up my soul, as I perceived my body to be dying. This happened prob. four or five times, it was frightening but wonderful... I agree wholeheartedly with Noviseer that heroic doses are for introspection, in silent darkness, Sphongle might fly or maybe even something lighter, but a movie (for me) would be out of the question. (Even on five grams - wich basically do the same thing to me, except for less or no vomiting).

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: preparing for a heroic dose [Re: Kalix]
    #3965245 - 03/24/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

I find it best to watch the movie on the comeup. It provides good framework and takes your mind off of the dose you just ingested. A good way to have the effects suddenly take hold. I remember on my nine gram dose I watched the animated "Hobbit." Let's just say my soul is connected to that movie now. I think when Gandalf said: "Do you feel the love of beautiful things?" Bilbo said: "Yes, and it moves through me."
That precipitated my conversion into the unity which is all of us. I think I remember saying something like : "I love everything and I don't know why."

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag