Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinevagasilly
Stranger
seeing sounds and smells?
    #3961467 - 03/23/05 09:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i have heard sometimes when you trip you can see smells/sounds? is this true? if it is how much would you have to take to achieve this. it sounds pretty cool.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: vagasilly]
    #3961661 - 03/23/05 10:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Right.. A magic wand might be more realistic...

Mabey try and concentrate real hard on it while tripping..  I could see visuals moving to the sounds..  But to see a smell, or sound seems weird...

Edit: I remembered where I heard it, the class in high school where the cop makes an ass out of himself.. I mean gives us drug "facts"  :grin:

Edited by Rah (03/23/05 10:15 PM)

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #3961720 - 03/23/05 10:25 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Synesthesia...it does happen, most commonly on LSD. Some people are born that way and live with synesthesia their entire lives.

There isn't any magical dose where you suddenly become synesthetic, it just happens. Seek and ye shall probably find.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: dblaney]
    #3962568 - 03/24/05 12:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney18 said:
Synesthesia...it does happen, most commonly on LSD. Some people are born that way and live with synesthesia their entire lives.

There isn't any magical dose where you suddenly become synesthetic, it just happens. Seek and ye shall probably find.

Right on.  :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3962596 - 03/24/05 01:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

iv heard 2ct-7 can make u see sounds

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Offlineefrog
Ecstatic,Electric,Eclectic
Female User Gallery

Loc: Near the River... Flag
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #3962902 - 03/24/05 02:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hah, I have seen sounds DEFINITELY. Smells no, but sounds, I have seen as swirls of light or wafting smoke or weird lasery wiggly things which move to the music. Different music for example makes different little things in the air, both when my eyes are closed or open.

I love it! It's for me a sign of a WOO trip and a WOO peak coming! LOL! :laugh:
~Kimberly

--------------------
This is a whole new path. You cannot use your old map on this new path and if you try you'll only end up lost in the woods. Get a new map.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3963596 - 03/24/05 05:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, i've had it quite strongly on acid. i could see the music coming out of my stereo as waves of color. the colors and frequency of the waves would change with the music.

sometimes when i'm just stoned, a loud sound will increase the intensity of my CEVs.

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #3965490 - 03/24/05 05:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

it can happen to any one with any drug. and from what i hear, all your senses can get mixed up, not just sight and hearing.

i know someone who stopped smoking pot for about 4 years, then last summer he smoked again. he was so high he went synesthesic.

my dad has too, but it was with LSD.

i have yet to experience the great pleasure of tasting yellow.

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: chubbycharley]
    #3965641 - 03/24/05 06:13 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I, for one, have seen sound on only one occassion. On LSD. Years ago, and only once.

Outside, at night, under minimal light, I was holding a chain in my hands, and as the parts of links contacted each other(making that *klink* sound) - I could see a pattern eminate from the actual contact points of collisions of the links. And from this, the pattern went in every direction outwards, not quite like a wave - similar, but not quite. It was more like a bunch of little particles lined up in a circle and as it went outward the circle got bigger, and as it passed my ears - I would hear the *klink*. I was amazed and delighted and it only lasted a minute or so. I think we were done smoking and so we were going back inside.

Once and only once. I did nothing to "bring it on", and any time I've ever tried to make it happen it has not. I consider myself VERY lucky and my mind thanks me for opening the lid on it's box.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: Grizzy]
    #3965654 - 03/24/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Grizzy said:
Outside, at night, under minimal light, I was holding a chain in my hands, and as the parts of links contacted each other(making that *klink* sound) - I could see a pattern eminate from the actual contact points of collisions of the links. And from this, the pattern went in every direction outwards, not quite like a wave - similar, but not quite. It was more like a bunch of little particles lined up in a circle and as it went outward the circle got bigger, and as it passed my ears - I would hear the *klink*. I was amazed and delighted and it only lasted a minute or so. I think we were done smoking and so we were going back inside.

that's very similar to my experience. i'd see these waves coming out of the stereo (i had the lights off), and i'd hear the sound as they passed my ears. this happened completely unexpectedly. i was tripping my ass off at the time so i've no realistic idea of how long the effect lasted.

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: alsey]
    #3974426 - 03/27/05 12:03 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ive had this happen 3 times once from mushrooms and twice from lsd. ive known it as sensory perception cross over where the sences all blur together. to see taste hear smell ect. its like a giant echo on top of a echo on top of a echo that goes forever. its not like ya im going to get this with lsd. i would describe the colors as painfuly loud. deffening loud. its more of the vibrations and not one specific color. i seen alot of red, green, yellow, blue, and more when i was at this state and i can remember it as a "tie die shirt" just that i had become the vibrations and that i was no longer my self. the mushrooms didnt do it so strong but i could definately hear the carpet if i was to concentrate on it.

--------------------

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: S8N]
    #3974432 - 03/27/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

my lsd experiances like that were both over 8 hours easily, the mushrooms were a second. to experiance this on the lsd, i stopped the music because it was too heavy and listend to nothing become something. try lsd its some freaky shit =)

--------------------

Edited by ST341THN1NJ4 (03/27/05 12:15 AM)

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Re: seeing sounds and smells? [Re: S8N]
    #3985484 - 03/29/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had about 17 grams of fresh Colombian shrooms and, after about three hours, I noticed the room stretching and fuzzy patterns slowly moving to the soft reggae music, and sure enough, when the music stopped, the visuals faded and were completely lost.

Then the next track started which had a far heavier techno style, and completely out of nowhere, the wall turned into an intensely colourful laser show that was perfectly in time to the music.  It's kind of hard to explain, but it looked as though the colours were being projected onto the wall as a lot of very close rapidly flashing dots, and formed patterns (and at one point, Japanese Kanji), and the whole thing had a huge rainbow gradient to it.

The following track was even stranger.  It had an alien-like voice in it, and as soon as I heard the voice, an alien formed in the lights by the TV, placed its hands on top of the TV, and started to move it around slowly.

Needless to say, I was convinced that I was seeing the music. :smile:

I've since had 10 grams of (much stronger) fresh Copalandia Cyans with the intention of a similar experience, but although it was far more intense on my mind, the visual aspect was nothing in comparison, so I don't think that dose is too important.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience