Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Pics added of Brazilians. Plus a run down of my meathods, results, and preferences.
    #3959814 - 03/23/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Still not the greatest flush but the size is way better. Notice the weird curly ones I circled. They were the first ones to pop up.

Ok, here is a quick rundown of the strains/species I've played with and what I think.

Cube/Thailand-Koh Samui Super Strain Cubensis-Great wall to wall flushes. Fast colonization and really fast pinning. Great potency. I grew these on straight popcorn cased with verm/peatmoss. Personally, I like cubes that are a bit taller as far as looks, but this strain produced more mushies than I knew what to do with in a really short time. 4 out of 5.

Cube/Brazilians-Very fast colonization and pretty fast pinning. I have grown these on BRF cakes and using the bulk neglect tek with popcorn as spawn. I've always got even flushes, purdy mushies, and constant potency. I like these allot. 4/5

Cube/Orissas-Most of you probably know I don't like these. So far I've had long colonization times and long pin times. Flushes have also been uneven. I haven't tripped off these yet, but I gave a friend of mine a 1/2 ounce that he split with his girl. He said he didn't get anything except a body tingle off it. I know allot of people like these, but they've been pretty crappy for my. I've grown these off WBS cased with coco coir/verm and WBS spawned to horse poo. Both methods resulted in the same outcome. 1/5

Pan Cyan/Hawaii-I had fun with these. They weren't nearly as hard to grow as they've been made out to be. I'm still trying to get a good even flush but the size of the mushies is starting to stabilize a bit. I'm dunking the first casing of these as we speak. Hopefully the second flush will be the one. Plus, you can't beat the potency. My girl and I both get choked up trying to put down and keep down cubes. These are a breeze though. Plus I have yet to get an upset stomach off these. The only thing keeping these from getting a 5/5 is that I haven't been able to get a stable/even flush yet. They were spawned to horse poo in a pan from WBS. 4/5

So far I've used BRF, popcorn, and WBS for colonization.
-BRF took for fucking ever to colonize. I lost a few of my jars to contam. I think I would have been fine if it was just a bit faster. 2/5

-WBS worked but was a mess and hard to shake up. To each his own but I don't like WBS.2/5

-Great success with popcorn. Almost no contams. Quick colonization. easy to clean up. 5/5

Out of all the methods I've used for fruiting, I like the bulk neglect method the most. I've been using casings put into my PMP but the bulk neglect is way easier to maintain and gives great output for the space it takes up. I've got it set up with a type of tub in tub thing going on to maintain temps. Plus, using poo hasn't really been hard at all. I've hard great results using just grain cased and put into the PMP with everything except Orissas and Pan Cyans. The PF Tek was actually harder than using grains for me. I've had almost no contams since I switched.

Here's a random pic of my Brazilians using the bulk neglect method.

I hope this helps someone out with their decision on how to go about things. This is going to be my last grow. I've had tons of fun but the risk is getting to be too much. I'm going to try my hand at some edibles I think. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way. I've passed this info on to others and they thank you as well. Cheers.

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Edited by ymhrswrider (03/24/05 05:37 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineXTCollection
Stranger

Re: Pics of Bob's Pan Cyans and Brazilians. Plus a run down of my meathods, results, and preferences. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3959828 - 03/23/05 03:30 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

very nice work

gj

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere
Re: Pics of Bob's Pan Cyans and Brazilians. Plus a run down of my meathods, results, and preferences. [Re: ymhrswrider]
    #3959833 - 03/23/05 03:31 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Good job on the Pans..

You'll have fun growing edibles. Thats where its at!

Offlineymhrswrider
Butthead

Re: Pics of Bob's Pan Cyans and Brazilians. Plus a run down of my meathods, results, and preferences. [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3964301 - 03/24/05 12:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

This is why I love Brazilians. This is 24hrs later.

:wink:

--------------------
Flashbacks are God's way of saying, "This one's on me".

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation