Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Is anyone?
    #3956330 - 03/22/05 09:22 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Tired of hearing about Terry Shiavo on the news. Its really starting to annoy me every news channel i turn on its talking about it. Its pretty sad that something like this gets politicized. This is just another example of government getting into peoples privacy. If the courts settled it than thats what should rule. If congress keeps second guessing courts than people wont have faith in the system.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Is anyone? [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #3956367 - 03/22/05 09:25 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

I lost faith in the system long ago. Our government is so out of control it's not cool.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Is anyone? [Re: DNKYD]
    #3956419 - 03/22/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

All the news, all the blogs, all Terry all the fucking time.

And if they let her starve they will still cover it everyday, and when she kicks it a bunch of people are going to have a national day of mourning.

It is mourning in America.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

#3956420 - 03/22/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I lost faith in the system long ago. Our government is so out of control it's not cool.

Its a gradual decline. It started when the federal governments jurisdiction superceded state law. Than it started when the federal government obtained jurisdiction over drug crimes. Its a slow decline.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Re: Is anyone? [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3956466 - 03/22/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

This shit has reached rediculous levels. Thousands of people die a year of tragic things. People get in car accidents or slip on a bannana peel or something its tragic. What the hell can ya do about it. This lady has been in a come for 14 years. Its not like shes getting any better. She is a vegetable. Its a hard decision of course for the parents to make, But turning this into a family squabble is just rediculous. It should be settled by the courts case over. Now its just gonna fuel more hypocrisy and hysterics. Its this hysterical shit i cant stand.

Let the courts make the decision.

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #3958344 - 03/23/05 08:41 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I find it ironic that Bush and his supporters have been so adamant about instigating the pre-mature deaths and suffering of tens of thousands of innocents (collateral damage) yet raise such a hissy fit about a woman who is most likely beyond all hope and would have died long ago without extraordinary measures. That merchants of death should suddenly find virtue in keeping a person alive that would more properly be covered in oil and vinegar than media lights should cause any thinking person to recognize the hypocrisy apparent in holding these two positions. Since when did it become moral to err on the side of life, Mr. President?

** edit, link **

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

Edited by Autonomous (03/23/05 08:53 AM)

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: Is anyone? [Re: Autonomous]
    #3958382 - 03/23/05 08:52 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

I agree with DNKY...of goverment is out of control ...it makes me ashamed of the way things are in the usa....

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Is anyone? [Re: starptv23]
    #3958391 - 03/23/05 08:56 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Let's get back to the impotrtant issues.

Like Michael Jackson's trial.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone? [Re: Rose]
    #3958690 - 03/23/05 10:26 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

lol

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Is anyone? [Re: starptv23]
    #3958939 - 03/23/05 11:23 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

This and the Wacko Jacko trial are all the media shows to keep us distracted from real issues and the real troubles of the country. It's sick. Do we really need daily coverage of an alleged molester? No. Do we need Congress and Bush intervening in a personal matter of a loved one's life? No.

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
    #3959133 - 03/23/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

don't forget congressional hearings on baseball.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3959137 - 03/23/05 11:59 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

the best one i heard to keep our minds off of the real world things is...from mr. bush him self...after 9/11...dont be afraid about things go shopping....
i know the thing that makes me so mad ..i watched the news lastnight and they only gave the war info a 1 minute slot...there is so much going on in the world today and we are consumed on silly things...you know the sports got more time then the war in the news...

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Is anyone? [Re: lackobreath]
    #3959165 - 03/23/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

lackobreath said:
don't forget congressional hearings on baseball.

Yeah. What are we paying our government officials for? To sit around with their thumbs up their asses while they discuss the damages of overpaid baseball players using steroids? I am so sick of this country and its bullshit.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #3959497 - 03/23/05 12:48 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I find it ironic that Bush and his supporters have been so adamant about instigating the pre-mature deaths and suffering of tens of thousands of innocents (collateral damage) yet raise such a hissy fit about a woman who is most likely beyond all hope and would have died long ago without extraordinary measures.

I'm sure Bush & co couldn't have given a shit what happened to her until the Right Wing Christian Special Interest Groups decided that it was an issue.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Is anyone? [Re: Rono]
    #3960408 - 03/23/05 03:35 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Im tired of it.

fuckin a.

what a waste of the airwaves.

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: Is anyone? [Re: Grav]
    #3960443 - 03/23/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

The great thing about getting your news on the net is selectivity.

I have never read one article on Terry. I haven't read one on Michael Jackson, Scott Peterson, or Berrata. So much media attention is devoted to subjects that I don't care about. Really, after the first couple articles on Martha fucking Stewart, what else do you really need to know. Do you read how she is doing in prison? Fucking blow me.

God Bless the information revolution.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Invisiblericochet
Re: Is anyone? *DELETED* [Re: JesusChrist]
    #3960953 - 03/23/05 05:25 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Post deleted by ricochet

Reason for deletion: .

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #3961299 - 03/23/05 06:51 PM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

I find it ironic that Bush and his supporters have been so adamant about instigating the pre-mature deaths and suffering of tens of thousands of innocents (collateral damage) yet raise such a hissy fit about a woman who is most likely beyond all hope and would have died long ago without extraordinary measures.

maybe christians who supported the wholesale slaughter of innocent civilians have a heavy weight pulling on their conscience, and they're subconsciously using this case as "moral compensation" to prove to their god that... they DO value life... really they do! oh why won't you believe them? can't you see how hard they're fighting for this woman's LIFE?...

there is this irrational desire (within a small vocal minority) to keep this shell of a woman alive, despite the fact that thats probably the last thing she wants...

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3964568 - 03/24/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Tired of hearing about Terry Shiavo on the news.

I definately am tired of it. The news media are all over this one like a pack of vultures.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

Re: Is anyone? [Re: Rose]
    #3964670 - 03/24/05 12:05 PM (19 years, 8 days ago)

Maybe E! could have a reinactment of Terry lying in her retarded bed, pooping her diapers like they do the Whacko Jacko (apparently, not on his backo) trial.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]