Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Hey
    #3946659 - 03/20/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I very, very rarely post in S&P so I got a question that I can't really find an answer to. I was wondering when I say things like, "Oh, God." when I feel something tragic or sad.. like loss, or depression. or "Jesus Christ" when I'm upset, or in awe?

Thus, I was curious. Has society tuned this 'God' into me? I certainly don't believe the typical Christian god, however I feel there's something, but that's not quite 100% of what 'God' really means. I was raised Protestant until the age of 12-13, was baptized. I never really gave a shit. I think I sung a Christmas carol once.

I had an odd night with the girl my deceased brother left behind. We had fun playing pool and getting drinks, but we had to go through some of his things to see if we could get an oversand permit on (ironically) his birthday when they go on sale.

I'm really questioning things and the :bong: and the :beer: are making it a bit tough. I can't anbandon collective consciousness or the possibility of something far greater. Gah.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: Hey [Re: Adden]
    #3946866 - 03/20/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Well I don't think of God as other. Christians have it all wrong. All life including you, me, and all forms of consciousness are one. I believe that the universe began from one thing and that all consciousness still really is one. Duality is pure illusion. In the beginning all was one, then the one divided within itself thus creating the illusion of duality. So yes God is you. Hope that helps.

--------------------

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #3946950 - 03/20/05 11:11 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Interesting how people talk sometimes....!    I was having a conversation with a woman friend IRL a few weeks ago, and this was after finding out she did not believe in GOD....    She was telling me a story that was rather dramatic about her life and was under very strange circumstances....  And while she was telling it, she kept saying, "I SWEAR TO GOD...!"  I waited for her to get done with her story, and she ended with another "I SWEAR TO GOD...!" 
So, I asked, "How can you Swear to GOD, if you don't believe in GOD....?"   
She, "What would you rather me say...?"
Me, "I was just asking, you can say whatever you like and it is fine with me...."
She, "What else CAN I say....?"
Me, "Well, there is a 2-3 inch thick Dictionary FULL of words, but I was just asking...."
Another ironic thing that may be noted....  :lol:
When a couple is making love  :shocked: what are the words or exclamations that are most commonly said or heard....?   
Seems consistant in my lifetime that the more common would be,

"Oh GOD...." & "Oh BabY...."  Ironic isn't it....?  :shrug:  Perhaps GOD IS listening....!    :wink:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

OfflineKungFu_Shaman
naive and lovingit

Loc: noitacaol cihpargoeg
Re: Hey [Re: muistrue]
    #3958395 - 03/23/05 08:57 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

I have to respond to FractalDust, I agree with your summation of reality and consciousness, but not of your comment on Christianity. I am not Christian, nor do I ever intend to become one, but there are plenty of Christians who take that exact view point of God and reality. If you are to read some Christian mystics' works, they describe exactly what you talk about. The interconnection of all things. St. Theresa, Thomas Merton and even Eckhart.

--------------------
Feel the wrath of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3958825 - 03/23/05 10:56 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
I very, very rarely post in S&P so I got a question that I can't really find an answer to. I was wondering when I say things like, "Oh, God." when I feel something tragic or sad.. like loss, or depression. or "Jesus Christ" when I'm upset, or in awe?

Thus, I was curious. Has society tuned this 'God' into me? I certainly don't believe the typical Christian god, however I feel there's something, but that's not quite 100% of what 'God' really means. I was raised Protestant until the age of 12-13, was baptized. I never really gave a shit. I think I sung a Christmas carol once.

I had an odd night with the girl my deceased brother left behind. We had fun playing pool and getting drinks, but we had to go through some of his things to see if we could get an oversand permit on (ironically) his birthday when they go on sale.

I'm really questioning things and the :bong: and the :beer: are making it a bit tough. I can't anbandon collective consciousness or the possibility of something far greater. Gah.

"Be thee, the monumental moment of thy self."
-Unknown :smile:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Hey [Re: Gomp]
    #3958919 - 03/23/05 11:17 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

you have been impressed by the actions and aphorisms buzzing around you since infancy.
remember "monkey see monkey do"?

we are like monkeys,
a barrel of them

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order