Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Money > Integrity
    #3957357 - 03/23/05 01:44 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Telemarketers.

Most everyone hates them. They are annoying and rude. Why would someone call your house, disturbing your privacy, to try to sell you something? I would never buy anything from a telemarketer, even if it was a great deal. It's the principle of the matter. If I buy something from them, then I'm justifying what they're doing. Telemarketers can burn in hell for all I care.

I guess I'm going to burn in hell, then. :crazy:

I just got a job as a telemarketer. I try to get people to refinance their homes and consolidate their debts. The rates are actually pretty good - they are better than what most people have. Most people would save alot of money by working with the company that I telemarket for. In that light, what I'm doing is a service to the people I call.

But in another light, I'm a telemarketer. I'm the guy that everybody hates. I'm the one that calls your house for the 4th time giving you the same deal that you rejected mutliple times before. I'm the one that you can't protect against - I have your number and you aren't going on the do-not-call list.

I feel bad about that, but not bad enough to turn down the potential money that I could be making by working with this company. This job is sweet - I would be a fool to turn it down. I can't.

Sorry.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Re: Money > Integrity [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #3957374 - 03/23/05 01:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Btw, if you want to guard against telemarketers, then set up your phone to not answer private numbers. That's the only way to save yourself from the annoyance.

P.S. If anyone wants a 30 year loan with 5.2% interest, PM me. :laugh:

--------------------
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflinePathos
A million pieces
 User Gallery

Loc: Under the stairs
    #3957429 - 03/23/05 02:04 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Fucking with telemarketers has become a way of life for me. My favorite thing to do is, when they start talking, hold down one of the buttons on the phone so there is this loud, obnoxious noise. Then I say, "sorry, could you repeat that?" They begin to say it again, and I repeat the process, until they get frustrated and hang up on me.

I dont think that theres anything wrong with taking a job in telemarketing. If you can put up with the shit that people like me give you, then youve earned your paycheck

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #3958264 - 03/23/05 10:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Telemarketing is the easiest job on the planet to get. If you open up the classifieds, half of them are telemarketing jobs, and another quarter of them are telemarketing jobs disguised as something else to trick people into applying.

It's also the most boring, and most humiliating job on the planet. The only people I've known to last more than a couple weeks in these jobs are sleazebags who take pleasure in bilking old people out of their money.

I guarantee that in a week, you won't be saying your job is sweet.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Re: Money > Integrity [Re: Phluck]
    #3960094 - 03/23/05 04:45 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

That depends on if I make a sale or not. My bro made a sale in his first few days. That's 3 g's. And we only work from 5-8 on weekdays.

This job is sweet for sure. :smile:

And Phatos, I hope I don't call you! :grin:

--------------------

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3960313 - 03/23/05 05:19 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Whenever I get a telemarketer on the line, I try to either A) Sell them something back or B) Give them all fake info or put on a fake accent. Maybe a bit of playing with my MR. T on a keychain will let them get the message to "PITY THE FOO'!" or "QUIT YOUR JIBBA JABBA" lol!

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

OfflineRJLR
No greater love
 User Gallery

Loc: France, keepin' tabs with...
Re: Money > Integrity [Re: Pathos]
    #3960424 - 03/23/05 05:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Pathos said:
Fucking with telemarketers has become a way of life for me. My favorite thing to do is, when they start talking, hold down one of the buttons on the phone so there is this loud, obnoxious noise. Then I say, "sorry, could you repeat that?" They begin to say it again, and I repeat the process, until they get frustrated and hang up on me.

I dont think that theres anything wrong with taking a job in telemarketing. If you can put up with the shit that people like me give you, then youve earned your paycheck

That is the coolest thing I've heard in ages... You the man :lol:

--------------------
Gotta to spread the word about:
http://www.johnnyganjaseed.com/johnny.htm

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Money > Integrity [Re: RJLR]
    #3960795 - 03/23/05 06:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I would only take a job in sales if my children were starving.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub