Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
Tissue cloning using the honey Tek(NEW PICS)
    #395318 - 09/15/01 05:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In the Honey Tek it states to use spores. Is there any reason that tissue from the stem could not be used in place of spores? I am going to give this a try and was wondering what everyones thoughts on the matter are.
Thank-you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Beans, beans the magical fruit...

HelpMeJebus

Edited by jebus2000 on 09/15/01 07:41 PM.

Edited by jebus2000 on 09/23/01 08:36 AM.

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Tissue cloning using the honey Tek? [Re: jebus2000]
    #395427 - 09/15/01 07:53 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hi jebus! im trying the same thing down here... though ive never tried the honeywater tek i think im succeeding bcs ive got now milky whitish water (like dilute milk) with pieces of mycelium floating around both from jars with spores and stem tissue (cloning)... i'll update u...

i hate witty sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Tissue cloning using the honey Tek? [Re: felixhigh]
    #395441 - 09/15/01 08:20 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I a glad to here that you have tried it and it sounds to me like you have done it. If you have a digital cam. I would love to see some pics or it anyone has pics of this I would love to see them posted.
What type did you clone?
Did you use a large mushroom to clone from b/c from what I understand the resulting "clone water" will produce the same.
Please keep me updated o your progress and results.

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#395445 - 09/15/01 08:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

It seems to me that cloning in honey water would be really hard to do without contams. The chunks of mycellium would probably rot before too long.

OfflineTryp'er
journeyman
    #395467 - 09/15/01 09:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yes it's possible to do tissue culture useing a liquid culture medium (Honey water, malt/detrose water, potato/dextrose water,dung,ect).
They way it done is to "peal" the stripe (stem) to inner core and use this tissue.Just chop it fine ( using blender works best) and add to the culture medium and shake. Store at 75-80F, till growth shows.
Adding H2O2 , helps to cut contaments down. Try 1-2 ml per mil. of medium, and cleaning the tissue by dipping it into clean H2O2.

psiloweb
http://www.psiloweb.com

--------------------
Are you killing time or is time killing you?

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Re: Tissue cloning using the honey Tek? [Re: Tryp'er]
    #395619 - 09/16/01 04:20 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the helpfull post. I will be posting me results over the course of the next fre days.

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Invisibleeatyualive
Eat's You Alive :)
 User Gallery

Loc: In Your Head
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #395714 - 09/16/01 10:03 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

it is better to use flesh from the inner part of the cap right above the gills. but yes it will work . i just isolated an albino strain this morning.

--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE

:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#395785 - 09/16/01 12:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

sorry, no dig cam (only regular cam) but i'll post results as soon as i get them...
i cloned a big subbie with stem core stripes... now ive already innoculated 4 pint jars (brown rice grain + verm) with this honeywater.. the honeywater innoculated with spores seem to have germinated ok.. lets see... im gonna ad h2o2 now...
hmmm... thinking now, i think he might be an albino, he's cap was pretty much lighter than usual (my bro thought it wasnt a cubbie at first sight). how do i know if its an albino?

i hate witty sigs / if anything i say has something in common with reality, this is a merely a coincidence.

InvisibleMr. Pink
Model Prisoner
Loc: Small town with a BIG pro...
    #395813 - 09/16/01 12:50 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I've tried it with no sucess using a glovebox, but take that with a grain of salt... I've failed at pretty much everything I have tried with the execption of BRF jars.

--------------------

"Why do I get to be Mr. Pink?, I sound like a fucking pussy."

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Tissue cloning using the honey Tek? [Re: Mr. Pink]
    #395816 - 09/16/01 12:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Huh! And I was just about to add, a glovebox will greatly improve your chances of success. At any rate, giving your sample a one minute bath in 3% peroxide can also help.

Offlineduncan8r
Scum

Loc: Syd, Australia
Re: Tissue cloning using the honey Tek? [Re: puscle]
    #401313 - 09/23/01 12:10 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

My monkey has some mycelium growing in malt dextrose medium that is almost completely colonised. He was wondering if adding peroxide to the solution to make a final conc of 1% peroxide and leave for a few days before innoculating would be of any use or damage to the fungi. He can see a few single cells when he looks down the 'scope at wet slides of the solution and was getting worried. Hes got a large amount of innoculum and doesnt want to loose it!!!

Duncan8r and his whipper snippin monkey

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. --Dave Barry

--------------------
Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. --Dave Barry

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

#401427 - 09/23/01 07:19 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well, think I have done it! I picked a huge shroom and decided to use it to clone. It was 9" tall, big fat stem, with 3" cap. My hope is that by making clone honeywater theat all of the resulting mushrooms will all be the same size. I think that it has to be, as this should be no different then taking a cutting off a plant. They should have identical DNA and therefore only produce big, geneticly identical mushroom clones of the "mother".
Anyway, I took a tissue sample from the stem, just about an inch under the cap (Increased chance of sterility) and by using ideas from both the Sterile Tissue Clonning Procdure and the Honey Tek I was able to make three jars of clone honey water!

I doubt the pics will show it very well, but in all of the jars there are milky white threads. These were started 2 days ago and no contams....yet. Wish me luck and I will continue to update.

Cheers,

HelpMeJebus

--------------------
Cheers,

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#401648 - 09/23/01 01:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hi jebus!!! nice to see your work... it looks just like mine. milky water... after some days i put the h2o2 but i have innoculated 4 pint jars before that and they're smelly now after a couple weeks... (i think something went wrong... lack of h2o2?) now everything seems alright... mycelium is growing kinda slowly on honeywater jars (too little honey?) but there are small mycelium clouds floating around... i'm gonna give'em another try.
'help me "jebus" help me clean my wounds... he said he cannot heal that kind... bleeding soul becomes a bitter mind! he says it happens everytime...'

Edited by felixhigh on 09/23/01 02:18 PM.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag