Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineincandescently

light in terrium
    #395315 - 09/15/01 05:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i was wonder if i put a 70 or so watt light socket and light in my terrium, would it shater if there was condinsation formed on it?

The wireless music box has no imaginable value. Who would pay for a messege sent to nobody in particular?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefiddler4u
enthusiast
Loc: Where the shrooms are gre...
Re: light in terrium [Re: incandescently]
    #395337 - 09/15/01 05:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Not really sure about that...good ?.
However you might not want to do that. If your trying to heat up your terr. then i suggest you use some other method...there's plenty out there that are proven, without any caution or risk of losing your shrooms. If it's light for growing reasons, then a window (not direct exposure), or a small wattage grow light that has alot of blue to it is just fine placed above your terr. Light is only used to show which way is up...for the most part.

I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

--------------------
I am the vine, you are the branches. If a man remains in me, and I in him, he will bare much fruit.
Apart from me you can do nothing. john 15:5

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
    #395391 - 09/15/01 07:18 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'll tell you what I am doing just in case that is what would happen. I use a flouresent bulb up top so its not as hot as an incandescent bulb. Then, since I am losing an important source of heat, I use a submersible aquarium heater underneath all of my perlite (1-1.5 inches) in the bottom of my rubbermaid. This works so well you'd be surprised.

The heat from the aquarium heater speeds up the evaporation process from the water in the perlite and I have spectacularly good humidity (just don't turn the heater up too high, then the heat will turn into a bitter enemy when the heat transfers through the perlite and your casing tray and stings the shit out of your little buddies). Pictures are coming soon when I get a new computer and digital camera (i'd say 1 month... i'm going to have ALOT of pictures to help everyone out).

I havn't tried once to put an incandescent bulb in my terrarium because i was scared it might shatter. It might have, and it might not have.... but I think i'm doing just fine as I am.

hope that helped out,
cheers,

abudiwa

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What? No! We can't stop here!
This is bat country!"
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Deleted [Re: incandescently]
    #395401 - 09/15/01 07:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Content Removed.

Edited by Jared (04/01/04 01:10 AM)

Offlinedracon
journeyman

Re: light in terrium [Re: Jared]
    #395478 - 09/15/01 10:10 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

He's right... but the problem is in the condensation around the bulb its self, enough forms and it could run into the bulb or drip on it from above. This could or could not be a problem, it all depends on if the bulb you are using is grounded most heavy duty bulbs are grounded and they use the 3 prong plug ins. The 2 prongs are not grounded and if they short they possibly could smoke your wires or accually burst into flames, mostly likely smoke the wires then trip a breaker or even more likely just trip the breaker. But it could be like taking that little 2 prong desk lamp of yours and sticking the lite bulb under water. Not a good Idea. So if your going to put a bulb in side---get an outdoor hook up thats ment to get wet and make sure its a 3 prong with a ground.

Support NORML

Edited by dracon on 09/15/01 11:14 PM.

--------------------
Support NORML

OfflineJapher

Re: light in terrium [Re: dracon]
    #395642 - 09/16/01 05:40 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yes, if dripped on from above, the bulb will smash. i have seen a 60 watt bulb smash after a tiny drop of water managed to get on it. the bulb didnt completely break, there was just a circle of glass blown out!

anyway, my advice is DO NOT use a bulb like this in your terrarium.

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #395654 - 09/16/01 06:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

That'll make things too hot.

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: light in terrium [Re: Japher]
    #395677 - 09/16/01 07:49 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yep, I'd agree, don't use an incandescent bulb; a florescent is much safer...;)
I found that a light as little as a 7w florescent was fine if you're using a closet or enclosed space etc. for growing...

(BTW Japher, I love your avatar! I was seriously obsessed with little Alex and his droogs for some years and actually painted a poster exactly like that at one time! Have you read the book by Anthony Burgess? Great political message, and if you get a dictionary you'll find it's all in semi-pidgin-Russian...)

Serge the Baby Harp Seal - Scourge of the FashionIndustry
'He's funny and he's furry and a Psy-cho-path!'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck