Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category
    #3955863 - 03/22/05 10:20 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Is there anybody who feels the same way I do. I feel that safe hallucinogens such as mushrooms, LSD, mescaline, DMT, and others need not to be in the same category as drugs.

Psilocybian mushrooms have been used for thousands of years for spiritual guidance and still are today. These tools (not drugs) allow for creative thinking, inspiration, and spiritual phenomena.

In a sense I believe that the Shroomery is splitting off in the wrong direction by allowing drug talk to go on here. By having numerous threads about cocaine, pain killers, xanax, and other abused drugs we as a community will have a hard time being respected. Although the Shroomery's goal isn't to be respected but to have as much knowledge collected as possible and to rid people of misinformation about mushrooms, it does have its downside.

(no offense to the shroomery, I love you!)

When one has a full psychedelic experience, also known as a level 5 experience, one reaches into the realms of other dimensions. I have done this and cannot figure out for the life of me why this is illegal. So I thought some more and realized that its because irresponsible use and is used in combonation with other drugs by those looking to get fucked up.

Some may say "Well ,I take hallucinogens for recreation and not for a spiritual journey."

This is fine. But to have a level 5 experience where the walls of life and death are ripped out of reality, its impossible not to have serious deep thoughts about the world around you.

----------------------------------

I want to make Psychedelics legal but it is terribly hard to do so. The misinformation the general public has about mushroooms and other tools is awful. When approaching people about it I am often looked at as a cult leader or a druggy.

Is there anybody out there who agrees with me? Do any of you want to help me?

:heart: :mushroom2:

Evan

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineencryptor
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: Rebirtha]
    #3956183 - 03/22/05 11:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

psychedelics are for certain a hard drug and should not be used when driving or operating heavy machinery.  therefore it is a drug and a hard one too!  It should be legal, but controlled by the church.  hahaha :syringe: :mushroom2:

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3956188 - 03/22/05 11:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Not at all. They are drugs.

The problem here is that the word "drug" is not properly used - "drug" in the pure definition carries no positive or negative connotation. Seratonin and dopamine are drugs - completely safe ones.

We need proper education.

But "the man" doesn't want that. "The man" likes the status quo.

But me... I just say KNOW.

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #3956219 - 03/22/05 11:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Evan said:
I feel that safe hallucinogens such as mushrooms, LSD, mescaline, DMT, and others

You definitely need to keep in mind that these substances are not necessarily safe in all hands. I can think of more than a few people I've encountered in life who have chosen NOT to take those drugs (and yes, I'll call them drugs) because they knew that they could easily lose control.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3956236 - 03/22/05 11:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I feel that if a person prepares for a trip by reading a dozen or so trip reports, and talking with somebody who is experienced, that if done responsibly and properly, can stay in control. The only reason to lose control is because of something unexpected. If you expect it, you will know what is to come.

knowledge is key.

Male

#3956247 - 03/22/05 11:10 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know if I can throw my weight fully behind a statement like that. Sure, it's rife with wisdom and sounds completely sensible to ME, but I really believe some people are just not cut out for psychedelics.

But I do wish they were legalized. Unfortunately, our current age is one that has grown out of the Enlightenment, the age of reason. Science rules supreme, though religion is a big ol' battleground these days, and so when you start talking about shamanism and spirituality when talking about drugs, people assume you are a druggy. It definitely sucks.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #3956264 - 03/22/05 11:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I do agree with you that some people should not be doing psychedelics. Some people are very unstable.

Male

#3956281 - 03/22/05 11:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I hate telling my sister about my acid experiences or shroom experiences and how much I've learned, and all about the light and all the awesomeness and it's like it just hits her eyes and drops to the table and all she hears is "I got fucked up!"

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male Arcade Champion: Plumber

Loc: California
    #3956293 - 03/22/05 11:18 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

If this were the Age of Science and Reason, drugs would be legal.

--------------------
delta9

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3956325 - 03/22/05 11:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's true that psychedelics should have some recognition as being different than other drugs, but they are, as delta9 pointed out, drugs themselves.

The other problem is that there isn't, at least in my mind, a clear cut seperation of where the "good" drugs begin and the "bad" drugs end. Ketamine can certainly be called a psychedelic in some sense, it can be very spiritual & benefical, but also very dangerous and addictive as well.

I think the key is to balance information while keeping the overall goal positive. Sometimes it's not so much what drugs a person is taking, but the mentality and method.

Male

Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: delta9]
    #3956331 - 03/22/05 11:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

So what is this then? The age of mindless bureaucracy and control-freakism?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Invisiblefearfect
    #3956358 - 03/22/05 11:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

you have a (misconstrued) connotation of the word "Drug". For most people Drugs do refer to something bad or taboo. However to other people, who actually know what the word means, it holds no positive or negative meaning, rendering this argument pointless.

Male

Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: fearfect]
    #3956381 - 03/22/05 11:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Did you mean to reply to my post on that or were you talking to Evan? Because I believe I have a very clear grasp on the duality of perceptions of the word "drug" that you're referring to.

And no argument is pointless.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #3956398 - 03/22/05 11:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Drugs are everywhere. The caffeine in soda is a drug. Cheese contains certain depressants. Most of the food we eat contains certain drugs. In fact, sense just about any chemical can alter your mind, body, or mood, then just about anything can be considered a drug, and the whole meaning of the word disappears.

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Loose as the Juice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: delta9]
    #3956477 - 03/22/05 11:34 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

delta9 said:
If this were the Age of Science and Reason, drugs would be legal.

Yeah.......however, as dire as these times are, we shouldn't give up hope, things WILL change sometime. We can't sit on our asses and wait though, we have to do it ourselves. Keep the faith everybody, I'm not going down without a fight.  :wink: :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #3956611 - 03/22/05 11:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes they do, they open up the mind and actually help you with your everyday life..just don't over use them...use them as a tool, and they can give you meaning and a better outlook on life. It is the other ones that people abuse too much that makes it bad...and I think all drugs can be useful in a way too, it is people who overly abuse them that makes a lot of them illegal to begin with...

InvisiblelIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Airfox

Loc: Texas
    #3956733 - 03/22/05 11:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Evan said:
Well, I feel that if a person prepares for a trip by reading a dozen or so trip reports, and talking with somebody who is experienced, that if done responsibly and properly, can stay in control. The only reason to lose control is because of something unexpected. If you expect it, you will know what is to come.

knowledge is key.

I disagree. There are some people who CAN NEVER TAKE PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS. It doesn't matter how much knowledge they have, they will never "enjoy" it and will end up mentally scarred from the experience.

Set and setting play a role, but your own personal psyche plays a much greater role IMO.

However, I do agree that discussion of so called hard drugs (mainly stimulants and narcotics) give the shroomery a bad image in the eyes of some.

InvisibleDark_Star
Loose as the Juice
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: lIllIIIllIlIIlIlIIllIllIIl]
    #3956795 - 03/23/05 12:00 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I posted this in another thread, but it works just as well here;

I believe all drugs should be legalized and regulated. No one has the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your body & mind, whether it's bad for you or not. Pot should be treated like alcohol, psychedelics like driving and flying (you take a course to get your certification...learn about the history, chemistry, effects *positive & negative*, uses, ect) and then you're good to go. Hard drugs like heroin should be pure, and provided in special clinics, administered by doctors and RNs.....there should also be info on addiction and treatment in these clincs. Furthermore, they should have corporate sponsers so the drugs are free (no need to rob to get high). Courses should also be required to be certified to use these drugs. Also, legalization is the first step, we must also make sure that drug users are not discrimated against. I believe all of this will happen someday. (Nothing lasts, and that includes the Western Mainstream Society......the Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, ect all fell in the end, so will our society/civilization.)

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3956962 - 03/23/05 12:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

im a criminal till a plant is "allowed" to be grown by this species, or culture/race, inside a made up line on an arial photo or earth.

aint it great :cuckoo:

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: Psychedelics need to be separated from the DRUG category [Re: kadakuda]
    #3957347 - 03/23/05 01:41 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I like Ares's definition of drugs. - See her sig.

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Community >> The Pub