Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedynamohaze
Stranger
Noob Shroomer. . .
    #3950647 - 03/21/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Chemicals, so to speak, I'm against. Organic drugs, however, I have a soft spot for, especially my budette Mary Jane. I've wanted to try magic mushrooms for a while, but felt I should mature more and learn more about them. So, I've a few question now that I've done both.

First, the two basics.

A gram seems to be the universal recommendation for beginners as far as I've read. So, ballpark-speaking, what is the cost of a gram?

Also, although I've read repeatedly that there's no certified way to distinguish magic mushrooms from backyard poison (the primary item that kept me away from them), is there any repetitive distinguished aspect of magic mushrooms I can and should look for?

Now, about me.

I'm 6'2 and weigh between 240 and 250, depending on whether it's a Monday morning. I will be alone for eight hours (six, if the hour of coming up and going down are included) without any disturbances from women, pets, etc. and live in a relatively quiet neighborhood. Maybe a phone call at best, so the environment is pretty serene. I have experience with psychoactive drugs, namely, marijuana.

With that information, what expertise does anyone have to offer me?

Also, if I'm still tripping after more than six or seven hours, will a good spliff reduce the edge?

Thanks, guys.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I will be completely alone during the time mentioned. I've read that it's better to be with someone who isn't tripping, but I won't, so.. yeah. I will be in a controlled and familiar environment though. Things will be okay, I assume.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: dynamohaze]
    #3950659 - 03/21/05 07:18 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Once you've read all the tripping FAQs, I'd suggest 3.0-3.5 grams.

If you've read up on it you'll probably have a much easier time controlling a trip.

Smoking weed when you're coming down often brings you back up.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3950909 - 03/21/05 08:25 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Maybe a phone call at best

Turn off the ringer if ya can, IMO it can be a disturbance, have a good time :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlinemushiemountain
i am the sacredone
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: Kerr]
    #3951204 - 03/21/05 09:37 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

i always turn off the cell while roaming in the nature tripping balls.

--------------------
I Ain't No Fool. Mama Didn't Raise No Fool.
----------primussucks

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: mushiemountain]
    #3951241 - 03/21/05 09:43 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I hate getting calls while tripping. So it's usually off.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: gdman]
    #3951372 - 03/21/05 09:54 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

First of all, I think that you should do more then a gram of mushrooms. You seem to be level-headed and aware of things by the way you write. You should read a little FAQ around here and eat an 1/8th.

I guess smoking weed late into a trip can prolong or intensify the psychadelic effects, but it relaxes me and I really enjoy it.

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

Edited by TMonk (03/21/05 09:56 PM)

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

#3951982 - 03/22/05 12:04 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

For people who are lookin' to shroom while hangin' out with friends or something like that, I would recommend 1 gram for a first time. But since you seem more like you want to trip, I would recommend 2.5-3 grams.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: PinballWizard]
    #3952098 - 03/22/05 12:48 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

go with an eighth man. Not supposed to talk about prices here sorry. You should check out the hunting forum because it IS possible to tell a cube apart from a poisonous mushroom. I'm not saying you should hunt for your shrooms but it is not an impossible task. Like they said read the faq's and maybe check out "the psychedelic experiance" by timothy leary. Its an adaptation of hte tibetan book of the dead, and its good stuff. Its on www.erowid.org Library for free. So check it out. Peace

blaze2

Oh yea pot might calm you down if your a little wound up after the trip, but I find that it magnifies the body high, which as you will find out is soooo much more intense than pot. Have fun man.

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: blaze2]
    #3952328 - 03/22/05 03:24 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Shrooms vary in my experience. 2 grams might be enough the first time. They are not to be taken lightly. I've had some thin stringy ones that a 1/4 (7 grams) barely do anything and some fatty hard as a rock little guys do me in on about a gram or two. Fatter, harder ones maybe dim it down(1.5-2.5 grams), tall long skinnys dose up(4-5 grams). As said you seem to be head-strong and should be able to take quite a bite, but they can get on top of you. Do you want to hang out with God or giggle?

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

Offlinedynamohaze
Stranger
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: MasonsChild]
    #3952395 - 03/22/05 04:40 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

In all honesty, why not go all the way? I'd like to giggle with God, if possible. However, don't forget the contained amount of time. My woman is so-so about the toking, but tolerates it. However, if she comes home to see me trying to climb the wall like Spiderman.. eh.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3952845 - 03/22/05 09:32 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

You should definitely tell her in advance.

Mushrooms aren't as bad for people as smoking weed... in fact they aren't bad for you at all.

Offlinedynamohaze
Stranger
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3954062 - 03/22/05 02:22 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I am not making a sexist statement here, but I will forego telling the better half of me about mushrooms because I have a feeling it would result in unneeded confrontation and, even more, a lapse in sex. I desire neither.

As we all know, sobriety is the time-tested notion to evolution and she would feel this way. Note the dripping sarcasm there.

Now, about my predicament. My guy tells me that shrooms are a rare find in this area (northeastern North Carolina), but says in the county over there's an abundance of cow pastures and usually quite a few can be found. He also tried to bag me on a synthetic locally marketed "acid" called Cloud 9 where the peak is 30 minutes long and the duration is but a few hours. I'm not into synthesized or designer drugs, as, for all intensive purposes, this is.

Nevertheless, if he does make contact and transport shrooms over from the other county, he says he sells caps for $4 to $6. Does this sound about right?

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3954105 - 03/22/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Welcome to the shroomery :smile:!

About this "acid", I can tell you, that if the peak is 30 minuets and the duration is only a couple hours, there is zero chance it's the real deal. Probably just totally bunk. He sells individual mushrooms? That doesn't sound right. He should sell them by weight. That guy sounds pretty sketchy IMHO.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinedynamohaze
Stranger
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: gdman]
    #3954119 - 03/22/05 02:46 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Oh, I'll admit I've caught him in a few lies. Whether he was just repeating what he was told or just trying to sell his product, I don't know. He's relatively young and I only associate with him because, somehow, he has the connection to some of the best grass I've ever smoked.

I'll try to be Type-A here and say maybe he doesn't have access to a scale or. . .?

OfflineKalix
'Head

#3954200 - 03/22/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Terrance McKenna recommends 5 dry grams alone, in the dark, for every psychadelic experience. But usually a dose that high causes the whole death/rebirth situation. If you are not prepared to deal with ego death, an eight is fine, but any lower is trifling.

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: Kalix]
    #3954202 - 03/22/05 03:03 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

IMHO

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

OfflineJROS14
Protege
Loc: SF, CA
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: Kalix]
    #3954238 - 03/22/05 03:13 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

i think cloud 9 is legal.... if i remember correctly u can buy that stuff in headshops and probably find it online. so dont buy it from ur dealer...

i would suggest eat an 1/8 (cuz ur a big guy so it won't be too overwhelming). i'mm sure u'll be able to find shrooms if u look around... try another dealer.

--------------------
**GRoUP HUG**

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: JROS14]
    #3954259 - 03/22/05 03:18 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Smokin herb usually intensifies it for me, but after coming down for a wild trip, i gotta have a bowl to bring me back to earth. Good luck :laugh:

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Offlinedynamohaze
Stranger
Re: Noob Shroomer. . . [Re: JROS14]
    #3954289 - 03/22/05 03:24 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I know of one other guy, who is the fifth or sixth person I call when I'm searching for pot. He does have access to shrooms, but he once tried to sell me roughly $45 worth but with a zero on the end. He's not very trustworthy. I wish it wasn't so difficult to locate a solid source.

If only it were the 70s. . .

OfflineWhiPsTiCkAgOsToP
Stranger
    #3954521 - 03/22/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

I'm right in your "neck of the woods" and I agree. The availability of mushrooms is heartbreaking. At least we still get the green...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag