Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
Looking in the Mirror
    #393860 - 09/13/01 10:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i dont no if anyone else gets this sensation... but i am normally quite a confident young man, i get along well with others, can be bright at times and helpful, i try to be warm and all, but sometimes when i look in the mirror and look into my own eyes, i see every bad thing i have ever done in an instant, and it like scares me. i start hating myself, i get really depressed, i cant sleep. i dont no, im probably just rambling, i havent had a good night sleep in a while, and i work to much, maybe i have some deep down self esteem problems or i dont no. it sucks when you cant sleep at 12:30 am and want someone to talk to but your all alone... heh, i feel like huck finn or holden caulfield... ah well, i dont no why im writing this, but what the hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking in the Mirror [Re: MrKurtz]
    #393943 - 09/13/01 11:38 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Exercise Two
WARNING: Persons with a history of mental illness are warned against using this exercise without guidance from their therapist. Hatha yoga and/or stretching performed before this exercise will enhance it. You may be siting in the same position for a long time.
Place a mirror where you can sit in front of it and see yourself. If it will make you more comfortable, remove your clothes. Sit in front of the mirror. Look into your eyes. Gaze into them. Try not to blink excessively.
Depending on your susceptibility, after a few minutes to an hour you may start to experience visual disturbances and hallucinations. The latter usually take the form of what Jung called "archetypes." Your image may take on the appearance of animals, mythological beings, people of different race/sex/ culture than your own, etc. Seeing these images where you are used to seeing your own may be disturbing to you. Usually any given image is transitory and will fade to another. If a given imagepersists, and you are bothered by this, take a break from the exercise.
These images can form a basis for self-analysis, but the purpose of this exercise in this context is to enhance your ability to visualize on the theory that such practice improves conscious access to subconscious material.
A variation of this exercise which has less potential to cause disturbance is to look at the face of another person instead of the mirror.

A few words on Vitalism
Philosophers, religionists, mystics, and some scientists have advanced ideas that for purposes of discussion I shall lump together under the classification of vitalism. Put as shortly as possible, the basic idea is that there is an energy associated with life, which is not recognized by traditional western science.
I believe that this idea is one of the oldest in the world. This principle is clearly stated in ancient Egyptian writings, and seems to me to be inherent in the "magickal" practices of prehistoric peoples. Thisconcept recurs throughout recorded history under many names, Ka, Barakka, Prana, animal magnetism, elan' vital, odic force, orgone, etc.
I neither advance nor dispute the claim that this idea is literally true, for reasons which I will discuss later. What I do claim is that there are phenomena which have been observed throughout history which are compatible with vitalist ideas, and which are incompatible with 19th century materialism, which is what many people believe constitutes science.
Two phenomena intimately connected with the concept of vitalism are "auras," and "healings."

Namaste

Anonymous

Re: Looking in the Mirror [Re: Jared]
    #394020 - 09/14/01 02:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

jared are you for real? i hate mirrors, i try not to look at myself in a mirror ever

mirrors are freaky man :p but im going to try this.

don't mess wid a skitzo :smile: :blush: :crazy: :laugh: :mad: :tongue: :wink: :shocked: :frown: :cool:

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #394044 - 09/14/01 04:39 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

There are many theories as to what the faces you see represent. Some people believe that they are past lives, other believe they are aspects of your higer self, or the faces of spirit guides.

I believe this is the root of the legend of looking in a mirror and saying 'bloody mary' 3 times to see how you will look when you die, as the faces often appear to be disfigured or scary.

This also works with other people as well as mirrors. The technique is exactly the same, but you need two people sitting directly opposite each other, looking into each others eyes.

Take care

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking in the Mirror [Re: Phyl]
    #394330 - 09/14/01 01:37 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I did this for 2 minutes when the changes started... They freaked me out enough that I stopped immediatly and haven't tried it yet.. Now I rush when looking in a mirror.. Comb hair, brush teeth, ok done go...

Namaste

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #394691 - 09/14/01 08:05 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Looking in the mirror when your tripping can be very strange.

Anonymous

Re: Looking in the Mirror [Re: cxz]
    #394719 - 09/14/01 09:09 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

well i tried it 3 times last nite but nothign happened :frown:
i beleive you though.

so you just gaze into your eyes for a few minutes?

cos i was sitting there for 10 minutes  and the only thing that happened was me starting to loose my vision then my face dissapeared.. that wasnt very freaky. i lost my patience after that.

but my mum went to like one of those psycic classes and they did this exercise but they did it with a person. and she told me there head turned into a coyote and then she freaked out
hehe :smile:

don't mess wid a skitzo :smile: :blush: :crazy: :laugh: :mad: :tongue: :wink: :shocked: :frown: :cool:

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking in the Mirror [Re: ]
    #394723 - 09/14/01 09:15 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

dont gaze into your eyes, anaylze your face.. watch it .. look at every part of it.. then again.. never look away.. always watch your face anaylzing it.. if you dont flip, your broken.

Namaste

Anonymous

#394726 - 09/14/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

ok thanks, im going to try it now

thats what i was doing wrong! i thought u just stare into your eyes
D'oh!

Anonymous

#394814 - 09/15/01 12:22 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yea.. im broken
i think im broken :frown: or maybe it just takes longer for me

i stopped after 5mins
ill try again in a few hours!
im determined to do this so bad!

OfflineChonger
Olive grower

Loc: England
    #395137 - 09/15/01 01:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I did it while tripping once, unintentionally and i turned into a black man with a beard.

It didnt freak me out but it was fun

and i couldn't awake from the nightmare that sucked me in and pulled me under
pulled me under
oh... that was so real

--------------------
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than have a frontal lobotomy

Anonymous

#395274 - 09/15/01 04:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man, that seems pretty fucked up. I suggest you go see a doctor, you shouldn't be getting depressed like that oorrr have crazy mental anguish while looking in the mirror. Hopefully they'll help you out with meds, but if its not that maybe your just going through a phase....?.. good luck man

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
    #395291 - 09/15/01 04:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Don't focus what might come, focus on what is there and it will.

Namaste

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#396726 - 09/17/01 12:49 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Don't be so hasty to advocate medicating people back to some sort of normalcy. Yes, what is described does seem rather frightful, but youth is often characterized by emotional shifts. The symbolism of the mirror is rather obvious. What perhaps may be of more use is analyzing the situation rather than jumping straight for the happy pills. If you see something in the mirror that makes you sad, all of your past transgressions, then /use/ that mirror, use it to help you eliminate those things in your life that make you ashamed to look at yourself. If you want to know what it is you need to eliminate from your life, what ego game, all you have to do is look in the mirror. Not everyone is so lucky. All I'm suggesting is you try to utilize this perception rather than subdue it outright as something terrifying or beyond the scope of what is 'normal' and what should be experienced. Use your gifts, for if you don't, they /will/ go away. And when you're left standing naked with nothing in the middle of the desert, desperate for anything, then you're normal. Congratulations.

Ishmael.

OfflineMANNALORD
Vagabond Ninjafor Hire
Loc: F- R
Re: Looking in the Mirror [Re: Ishmael]
    #397000 - 09/17/01 06:27 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

modern doctors and medicine can only do so much, i really believe depression is something people should overcome on their own, like i have in the past, its not fun but it will teach you alot about yourself, just remember that no matter how hard it rains, withstand the pain, you will feel happy again and you will thank yourself for having the strength to pull through, all is not and never will be lost my friend, keep goin man.

somehow, my thoughts are more insane than the mind they spawn from

--------------------
Live and Die in FALL RIVER

OfflineArCh_TemPlaR
enthusiast
    #397157 - 09/17/01 09:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I used to do that when I was little because I questioned greatly my existence. I didn't see any images or hallucinations, but I felt very displaced from the person in the mirror. I didn't know who that was

OfflineSevil_Natas
Stranger
nar.. [Re: ArCh_TemPlaR]
    #397391 - 09/18/01 05:59 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

dont try it.

they probably have some mental problem, thats why they are seeing these strange visions.

OfflineSevil_Natas
Stranger
shh [Re: Sevil_Natas]
    #397393 - 09/18/01 06:02 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

j00 mushroom heds!

Invisibleshroom-girlie
addict
Loc: California
Re: shh [Re: Sevil_Natas]
    #398189 - 09/19/01 12:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If you are comfortable with yourself and who you are you will have no problems gazing in the mirror for hours. Everytime that I trip I always stare in the mirror for atleast and hour. It is amazing what you see. You just have to relax and realize that if you see something that you don't like that you can change it within yourself. The scary faces or disturbing faces that you see are only scary because they are strange to you/ Take control of your mind and use it to see beautiful things. Relax your body and allow your arms to move as they wish. If you are tripping you will feel your body wanting to move on its own..allow it...as your arms move they will help to enhance your transformation. I have seen a wolf, a little boy, a native americann women, an egyptian man, a monk(with the hood on), etc ,and even a very sinister looking man....which I later learned represented all the bad thoughts that I have towards the world or others. The more bad thoughts that you have about others and life, the scarier these figures will be. Relax and enjoy life and what you see will be abslotuley amazing!

As everyone stated before it is a little more comfotable to do this staring into someone elses eyes. It is absolutely amazing what our minds are capable of. Even sober I find myself gazing in the mirror. and sometimes the changes still come. If you are afraid of the mirror you are afraid of yourself. take care

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

--------------------

"Express yourself completely then become quiet."

InvisibleJared
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Being sucks [Re: shroom-girlie]
    #398416 - 09/19/01 05:49 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"If you are afraid of the mirror you are afraid of yourself." Watching my thoughts is like watching Alice in wonderland, I never know whats coming next and that gives me the right to be afraid.. I'm afraid that I exist, I'm afraid that I don't. I'm afraid I don't know anything and that I never will. I'm afraid that I'm nothing but a compilation of the things which I've seen and not some sole individual spirit. I'm afraid not to be accepted, I'm afraid to be the same. I'm afraid I'm already dead and this is my afterlife, I'm afraid to see who I really might be. I don't much like who I am right now, and it makes me wonder if I really am me.

Namaste

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale