Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Baby Hawaiian Woodrose - Indian V Hawaiian strain!
    #793622 - 08/03/02 01:54 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Here is some information taken from many web sites concerning Baby Hawaiian Woodrose & Indian V Hawaiian strain. Followed by some questions!

Baby Hawaiian Woodrose (Convolvulaceae) Sought after Ololiuqui and Morning Glory relative native to India and Hawaii where the seeds were once used as a poor man's inebriant. Grows to a quite substantial woody vine bearing silvery foliage and violet flowers suitable for a heated greenhouse/conservatory or growth indoors requiring a minimum of around 15-16?c. Germination is enhanced by scarification and soaking of the seeds prior to planting. Probably the most potent vegetative source of Lysergic amide alkaloids.

Southern Indian native that was introduced to Hawaii a few hundred years ago. Used by the poorer Hawaiians for a high. Shipping of these seeds became popular, as did a great controversy over the propriety of world-wide distribution.

A large perennial climbing vine with heart-shaped leaves up to 1 foot across, backed with silvery hairs. The flowers are 2 to 3 inches long, rose-colored, on 6-inch stalks. Pods dry to a smooth, dark brown, filbert-sized casule containing 1 to 4 furry brown seeds. The capsule is surrounded by a dry calyx divided into 5 petal-like sections. Native to Asia; naturalized and cultivated in Hawaii.

The seeds contain 3 mg of alkaloids per gram; the widely available morning glory seeds "Heavenly Blue" contain only 0.8 mg/g. Those alkaloids include chanoclavin, penniclavine, ergine, and lysergol. The active ingredients are D-lysergic acid, D-isolysergic acid, and D-lysergic acid methylcarbinolamide. The white layer of the seed coat contains a strychninelike alkaloid. Four to 8 seeds of A nervosa is equal to 10,100 ?g of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD).

The Hawaiian Baby Woodrose belongs to the family Convolvulacane, genus Argyreia, species nervosa. It is native to India but also grows in Hawaii, Florida, and California. The filtrate of these seeds was used as a drug for divination, healing, and in religious ceremonies by the Aztecs and later by Native Americans. Current recreational use dates from 1965, when the seed was available in head shops and widely used by the hippies

This plant is native to Asia, although it has been extensively cultivated in Hawaii. Belonging to the Morning Glory family, this plant contains a higher concentration of ergoline alkaloids than Morning Glories do. It has almost four times as much alkaloid content as Heavenly Blues, and over seven times as much as Pearly Gates. These chemicals are the agents responsible for the Woodrose's hallucinogenic properties.

Argyreia nervosa, the Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, is a popular houseplant. Due to the popularity and high price of the seed, certain other seeds are being passed off as A. nervosa. Be careful what you buy! Before buying in bulk, request a sample, and compare with these photographs.. We recommend when buying this seed in bulk, to get in writing that the supplier will refund your money if the seed is not like the sample and you return the seed. Deal only with people you trust.
Notice that true Argyreia nervosa has a larger hilum (seed attachment scar), and has a fuzzy whitish coating. False Argyreia often is smoother, has a smaller hilum, and little or no fuzzy coating. Some are fuzzier. Some suppliers claim that the false Argyriea is just a variety of the true A. nervosa, but we believe that several separate species of Argyreia are involved. Seed of several other unrelated species, including Thespesia populnea, have been passed off on the unwary as A. nervosa.

ARGYREIA NERVOSA Convolvulaceae (Baby Hawaiian Woodrose)

Natural LSD (LSA). The psychoactive effects, after taking 4 to 8 seeds, are similar but milder, compared with LSD. Grind them, or soak overnight in hand warm water. Trip last 6 to 8 hours. Or plant them for a beautifull garden plant.

ARGYREIA NERVOSA Asiatica
A rare form of the popular Hawaiian baby Woodrose. Does not contain as much alkaloids as the Convolvulaceae but also gives a beautifull garden plant.

My seedlings are grown from an Indian variety(ARGYREIA NERVOSA Convolvulaceae). It has been stated on many websites that in its first year this plant grows into a small bush 1 to 2 feet tall, but some of mine have grown 7 feet since the spring I would not regard it as a bush, but a vine. I am concerned that the variety am growing is not a true ARGYREIA NERVOSA Convolvulaceae, and does not contain the same level of alkaloids in its seeds.
Also are all Indian varieties regarded as weaker to the Hawaiian varieties, even though all the plants and seeds originally came from India?

It would appear that there is very little information regarding this issue, as most web sites and posts seem to be direct copies of the same information. As with a lot of information on the net comments are made without reference to any research, which backs up these claims. There are also a lot of posts stating that the African variety is very weak, but I have found no information regarding ARGYREIA NERVOSA Convolvulaceae from Africa.

Does anyone have any further information regarding this issue?

--------------------

Cactus

Edited by SalviaEngland (08/03/02 11:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSalviaEngland
Omnipresence

Loc: Alternate Dimensions
Re: Baby Hawaiian Woodrose - Indian V Hawaiian strain! [Re: SalviaEngland]
    #795667 - 08/04/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Has anyone got any further information

or comments

--------------------

Cactus

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #795744 - 08/04/02 12:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that Hawaii is the only place where the plant was regularly used for its psychoactive properties. It stands to reason that the strain found there has been bred for higher alkaloid content. The plant might originate in Asia, but I don't think it was cultivated there.

Or maybe the climate in Hawaii in conducive to the plant producing higher alkaloid content. Whatever the reason, I would only use the Hawaiian variety so I can be sure that I'm getting a known amount of alkaloids.

OfflineLoveLeafGarden
Stranger
Re: Baby Hawaiian Woodrose - Indian V Hawaiian strain! [Re: infidelGOD]
    #3952512 - 03/22/05 07:12 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Many suppliers are being lied to by their sources in Pakistan and India. I have just relabeled my product to its proper botanical name (Thespesia populnea). Luckily business is so slow that nobody has purchased it yet.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3953400 - 03/22/05 12:21 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

All Baby hawaiian Woodrose seds originated in Indian and were brought to Hawaii for use as ornamentals, not for use as a poor man's High. The Indians of India never used the woodrose to get high. And neither did the Hawaiian People.

mj

Here is a picture of me with about 10 pounds of woodrose seeds taken by Mark Merlin at the U of H.

mj

Had vast seeds when I lived in hawaii.

mj

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Baby Hawaiian Woodrose - Indian V Hawaiian strain! [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3953817 - 03/22/05 01:34 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

ha ha ha!  thats awesome, what did you do with them all?  Conduct scientific research?  Yeah I bet you did :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds