Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Insects and outdoor grows
    #3952262 - 03/22/05 04:10 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wasn't sure where to post this :shrug:
This seems like it fits...

Well, I had an old cake, dug a hole in the back, spawned the old cake w/ some sterilyzed brf mix(the cake was a brf as well) and buried it and covered it w/ a plastic lid and put aluminum foil under the lid to keep light out...Just in case the lid couldn't keep it all out...

Well, It's been like 2-3wks and to my shocking surprize it didn't contam (green mold...maybe moss? is all over the ground...but not in the whiteness)...I thought that it was contamed underneath but i'm sure it's not...

So i decided to fruit it, I got one of those milk carton type holders(plastic box w/ holes basically) And i covered it w/ a plastic bag and put it over where the lid was, so now it gets light, keeps in moisture and it shuns it away from most of the direct light...I'm not expecting much from it, But i'd like to do everything that i can to keep bugs away, We Had an ant problem but i put down some ant food killer and that took care of the ants...

But now i have these little mini centipedes in there, they curl up and just lay there, they're Everywhere...I move them out everyday...They don't see to be hurting the myc. in anyway but i'd hate for them to lay eggs in my mushies or something, plus their presence w/ probably mess w/ my primordial growth...

I've heard about D_(something) earth..I heard that it keeps them away or something to that effect but i have no idea what it is (dont have my mushie cult. book yet :smirk:)....So what can i do about these pests...Can't really throw down anything on the myc., i'd hate to hurt it :frown:...Well thankx for any comments :grin:

-Gnostic

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekoraks
Re: Insects and outdoor grows [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3952321 - 03/22/05 05:10 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Insects are generally no problem. They might damage your shrooms a bit by munching on them, but so do you. Just regard the insects in your shrooms as an extra source of protein :wink:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Insects and outdoor grows [Re: koraks]
    #3952326 - 03/22/05 05:22 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Lol. Alright, i just didnt know if they'd eat my myc. or not...I'll ck on em when my mushies fruit, try to kep em off, nothing wrong w/ eating a few bugs...full of protein right? :smirk:

Tnkx for the reply :thumbup:

-Gnostic

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Insects and outdoor grows [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3952655 - 03/22/05 10:10 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

i've seen those same bugs eating away at wild mushrooms when i pick them in the fields, they seem harmless enough other than the fact they don't like to share their mushrooms with me. i just brush them off away from the shrooms and pick them

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification