Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAscension
Stranger

Loc: Still trying to work it o...
Beginner problems
    #3950182 - 03/21/05 05:08 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Okai guys im new here and this is my first post and also first try at mushies!.

I created 4 jars using PF-Tek for simple minds.
Ratios were used just like stated, then the lids were put on and these lids had 4 holes poked in them. Then they were covered in tin foil and put in a pot and steamed for 1 hour.

The were let to cool over night then in the morning they were inoculated with spores. Its been over 7 days and nothing, now i know it says not to panic until over 2 weeks but what i did was take one of my jars and open it right up and shove my finger in it to contaminate it and i closed it back up. Now even after several days this jar doesnt even have any contamination growing.

What could be so wrong that even contamination doesnt grow in it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: Beginner problems [Re: Ascension]
    #3950198 - 03/21/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

nothing is wrong just wait. If you did what you said and followed the teck percisly you will be fine. As far as the contaiminate jar it can take awhile to show up but it will show up unless you didnt penetrate the vermicule layer. In that case you now know why that layer is there.

OfflineCray
I'm not fat i'mbig bones
 User Gallery

Re: Beginner problems [Re: goofy98]
    #3950239 - 03/21/05 05:19 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

What are your temps?

--------------------
My Shroomery Gallery

Don't get ripped off ONLY BUY FROM SHROOMERY SPONSORS

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: Beginner problems [Re: goofy98]
    #3950244 - 03/21/05 05:20 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

if it is bad it would have a funky smell like old feet or cheese...you wold know....anyways if it is not the right temp it will take longer to see anything happen...so keep the jars dark and warm and keep your fingers out of it (and i hope you washed you hands before you did that) keep an eye on that one for sure...that will not do anything but ruin it with contaims....i would give it another week or so and if you start to see any bit of white your good to go...good luck and keep those baby's warm...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Beginner problems [Re: Ascension]
    #3950457 - 03/21/05 06:20 PM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Quote from PF tek for Simple minds:

If you are unable to find or buy a pressure cooker, you can also sterilize the jars using a big pot with a lid.

In this case steam the jars for 1.5 hours in a pot lid on.

You only steamed them for an hour...not 1 1/2 hours like it says in the tek...so you didn't follow the tek very well.

Did you put the lid on the pot?

What is the temp that you are incubating your jars at?
This is very important!~
81 to 84 degrees F...is optimal.

---

The jar that you shoved your finger in...will probably contam.
From the inside out...so you might not see it right away.

Or your lucky...and it won't contam...and that would be shear luck!~

---

take care!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds