Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
is this true
    #3948443 - 03/21/05 10:58 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

my friend and myself where on the phone last night and he said that if you keep reusing the same strain over and over again that the growth starts to slow down and they wont be as potent??? do you think this is true?????

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHenry_Halleur
Flatan, notSatan
Re: is this true [Re: starptv23]
    #3948454 - 03/21/05 11:04 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

i once asked this myself. :wink:
the result was: if you use sporeprints and always select the healthy shrooms, this wont happen. it only happens if you keep cloning the mycelium on agar.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: is this true [Re: Henry_Halleur]
    #3948459 - 03/21/05 11:06 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

well thats good to know...i try to always pick the healthy ones but you know sometimes there a duds that look good...nothing is perfect...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3948493 - 03/21/05 11:14 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

my friend and myself where on the phone last night and he said that if you keep reusing the same strain over and over again that the growth starts to slow down and they wont be as potent??? do you think this is true?????

I have read if your doing grain to grain transfers they start to slow down at 40:1,  but I have also read they don't slow down until 100:1 in other books.  I belive I did read on the FAQ that they do loose potency/growth rates after a while.

Thats only if your doing direct transfers of living myc.

Now if your growing from spores or from cloned mushroom myc then there are no limits to how far you can go from there.

Personally I belive the strain I have been working with this half year has gotten stronger, and more used to the conditions of its location.  I have 8th and 9th gen jars in caseings now, my first good fruits came of  6th gen jars.  I have 1 jar that is 10th generation and it grow as fast and sometimes faster than my first sets...(I got carried away with grain2grain transfers  :heart:)  and knock my socks of in potency.  I belive how they are treated during each generation depends on how well they do in the next generation, or at least makes some difference, when useing live myc.

You could just take spores of one of your yeilds and start the ratio over anyways if need be.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (03/21/05 11:30 AM)

Offlineguyincogonito787
Ultimate
Re: is this true *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: Civ]
    #3948531 - 03/21/05 11:24 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Post deleted by guyincogonito787

Reason for deletion: 1

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: is this true [Re: guyincogonito787]
    #3948572 - 03/21/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

i use verm and brown rice...pf tek...but i make prints from my mushies that have been using for almost 7 months and 10 yields and not and nothing has seemed to change..but my friend says it will go bad after while witch i was disagreeing with him..so I guess I was right then..lol...thanx for the advise

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Re: is this true [Re: guyincogonito787]
    #3948576 - 03/21/05 11:33 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Civ, what strain? if you don't mind me asking.

-Knob

Oh np, they are B+.

These actually started out as a rescue project, they guys fruited from 6thgen g2g. straigt verm cased with verm/coir. Its sad after my agar transfer plate I had to fail 5 sets of jars to get to here. I kept messing up my caseings, or messing up my jars, but I always managed to save live myc and just make a new batch of jars. Now that I have some massive fruit size for this strain, I am gonna clone em and start over and start my cycle of jars again.

Once thing I have noticed about g2g is they want to knot up before they are even colonized, but still as potent.

--------------------

Edited by Civ (03/21/05 11:43 AM)

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: is this true [Re: Civ]
    #3948614 - 03/21/05 11:42 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

that is what i use b+ but with pf tek

--------------------

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

#3948631 - 03/21/05 11:47 AM (19 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

that is what i use b+ but with pf tek

PF tek is great, really rewarding to watch.

When you fruit/case those cakes, prep up some grains in qt jars and transfer some of the live myc into those. Try some Karo also and maybe even potatoe/dextrose agar and kept your stuff going.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder