Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLethalX5
Male

Stocks
    #3946849 - 03/20/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

what are some good stocks to invest in right now?

--------------------
"To get what you've never had, You must do what you've never done."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Stocks [Re: LethalX5]
    #3946881 - 03/20/05 10:46 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I would suggest oil exploration companies (Schlumberger, Halliburton, etc..) Oil is expensive right now. Whenever oil is expensive, oil exploration companies make money by looking for it. Right now we are at peak production, the price of oil is still high, and demand is high...therefore I do not foresee oil prices going down.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Stocks [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3947121 - 03/21/05 12:31 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Fuck that, never support halliburton. Support green energy man.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Stocks [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3947355 - 03/21/05 02:11 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Fuck that, never support halliburton.

What's so bad about Halliburton?

Support green energy man.

Green energy is not as cost-effective as oil. Oil is at the present moment the most powerful fuel/source of energy we have. The reason that "green" energy has not taken its place is because green energy is much more expensive.

Offlinepstupid
foaf
    #3947554 - 03/21/05 03:37 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

And that, my friend, is that.

--------------------
What is your major malfunction?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Stocks [Re: pstupid]
    #3947633 - 03/21/05 04:43 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Bull shit. Electricity is the cheapest course of energy we have, and is quite cheap.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3947637 - 03/21/05 04:44 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

And just because something is less expensive does not mean its better. You sound like a PR rep for enron.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3947653 - 03/21/05 05:02 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

One more note. The mountain resort that i work at during the winter has a garbage truck enginered to run on their old deep fry peanut oil. Peanut oil is a very cheap source of fuel, and most diesel engines can be setup to run on it for fairly cheap considering the price of diesel right now. The reason that green energy has not taken its place is because we have an extremely innefecient government, that for the most part is ran by the large oil industry. Politicians taking kick backs are what keep oil as our number one fuel source. Hydrogen is and extremely cheap fuel source, and although some methods of producing it do have a by product of co2, it can also be produced from water using wind as a power source. http://gtresearchnews.gatech.edu/newsrelease/H2FUEL.html

And that my friend is what we call that.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3947660 - 03/21/05 05:06 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

Fuck that, never support halliburton.

well, quite a lot. the list is virtually endless, but how about overbidding the american government, thus stealing money from the american taxpayer? how about paying Dick Cheney after he claimed they weren't, thus making the vice-president a lying sack of shit? how about thwarting the creation of localised industry that would actually result in the profits of a venture going to benefit the community the project is in, instead of just going to make some rich white men richer? i could keep going on and on, but i hope you see my point...
Quote:

Support green energy man.

Green energy is not as cost-effective as oil. Oil is at the present moment the most powerful fuel/source of energy we have. The reason that "green" energy has not taken its place is because green energy is much more expensive.

cost-effective is a very vague term. what about externalities? for example - environmental, political, and social - the usage of fossil-fuels has an obvious external effect on the atmosphere, leads to oil-spills and other horrible disasters, contributes greatly to an already fragile political situation in the middle-east, etc. not to mention that it isn't simple expense that has kept "green" energy down - it is also the influence of many a lobbyist who has a lot of vested interest in the oil-business, and in keeping oil as our major fuel provider.

--------------------

Offlinepstupid
foaf
    #3947668 - 03/21/05 05:09 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Depends on how you look at it..

--------------------
What is your major malfunction?

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Re: Stocks [Re: pstupid]
    #3947688 - 03/21/05 05:25 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Wow, that made the whole discussion right there.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

#3947692 - 03/21/05 05:29 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

The fact that halliburtin is an evil corporation that like to decieve the american public is not an issue of how you look at it.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

OfflinePrisonSong
Stranger

*edit *del [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #3947713 - 03/21/05 05:51 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

*edit *del

Edited by PrisonSong (04/06/05 07:13 PM)

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3948519 - 03/21/05 11:22 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

hawksapprentice said:
The mountain resort that i work at during the winter has a garbage truck enginered to run on their old deep fry peanut oil. Peanut oil is a very cheap source of fuel, and most diesel engines can be setup to run on it for fairly cheap considering the price of diesel right now.

If peanut oil was cheaper and more effective than oil, there would be vehicles running all over the place on it. The market is what drives new products...not the government.

Oil has an inherent amount of energy in it. Peanut oil does not. By this I mean you need to factor in all of the energy used to make that peanut oil. There are the pesticides used to grow those peanuts (made of oil usually), the time needed to wait for that peanut tree to mature, and the piddly amount of fuel you can get out of it for the investment you put into it. I have a feeling that in order to power all of America with peanut oil, we would have to grow peanut trees on every square inch of ground and even then it wouldn't be enough.

It just isn't efficient, it requires a massive amount of energy investment, and it doesn't compare with oil.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Stocks [Re: Krishna]
    #3948587 - 03/21/05 11:35 AM (19 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
Quote:

RandalFlagg said:

how about overbidding the american government, thus stealing money from the american taxpayer?

It does appear as if they have wasted some money and overcharged for some stuff.  If I were in charge of the government or military, I would probably try to fire them for that and get another contractor in there.

Quote:

how about paying Dick Cheney after he claimed they weren't, thus making the vice-president a lying sack of shit?

As I understand it, the only financial attachment to Halliburtion that Cheney has is that he gets a set pension from them.  Whether they lose money, make money, or break even has no effect on the amount of the pension he gets from them.

Quote:

how about thwarting the creation of localised industry that would actually result in the profits of a venture going to benefit the community the project is in, instead of just going to make some rich white men richer?

Uh oh...the "rich white men argument"......:rolleyes:

But seriously, I don't know what you are referring to with this statement.

Quote:

RandalfFlagg said:
Green energy is not as cost-effective as oil.  Oil is at the present moment the most powerful fuel/source of energy we have.  The reason that "green" energy has not taken its place is because green energy is much more expensive.

Quote:

cost-effective is a very vague term. what about externalities?

Look at my prior post.  The amount of energy that you get from pumping oil is infinitely more than if you get or create that energy in other areas.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds