Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline73D
Loc: southern CA
:(
    #3944152 - 03/20/05 03:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm so sad.

My best friend ever died ~3 months ago. The day after I left on a big family reunion cruise for a week (which was really fun) he had a stroke...and died...at 20....................I just found the cause out a few days before which helps a little...but not much.

To quote him, "it's like we were married...but without the sex." We were both so happy to have met and known each other. It may sound corny, but we were best friends. We hung out almost every day. And not only were we friends, but he was a huge positive influence in my life. I was becoming more outgoing, positive, and he was helping me out a bunch with women, school...EVERYTHING.....

Before knowing him I used to be generally depressed, negative, etc. Now I'm even more depressed and negative than before. I don't even know what to do anymore...I can barely do many of the things that used to make me happy. For example I have Dungeons & Dragons with my friends in about an hour...but I don't know if I can do it.

oh yeah and I just shattered my bubbler, which throws some more shit on the huge pile of it that is my life.

Thanks to those of you that would read through some poor kid's (I'm 19) life story. I'll probably add more later. Thanks even more to those of you that post any useful advice or anything.

--------------------
Religion is the devil.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelilbilski4life
fear andloathing inbozeman

Re: :( [Re: 73D]
    #3944183 - 03/20/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

we all have ruff time, i somtimes thinkg about wat would happened if i lost my best friend, i dont like it. i feel ur pain dawg. i doubt this will help but, times heal all.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #3944239 - 03/20/05 03:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry to hear about your friend. :frown: That's way too young to be dying, let alone of a stroke.

I don't really have any advice, but I do know what you're going through. I'm about to depart for funeral services for my step-dad, who has been a true friend and father to me. Imagine losing three parents. That's about how I feel about now. But you know, losing my real parents at such a young age as I did taught me an important lesson: Let the people you love know you love them, and don't hesitate or assume that they already know. Do it before it's too late. I do take some comfort in the fact that I had let my step-dad know how I felt about him, so there was nothing left unsaid...

Your friend in grief

Duk~

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3944379 - 03/20/05 04:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

There's always going to be a timeframe for mourning and to express sorrow after something like this has happened.

Keep busy. Stay occupied with things whether its working out, hanging out with your other friends, reading, surfin' this site, etc. And stay positive! There's harshness in this world and there is, as you've already experienced, good times with good people.

Keep on keepin' on.
:crazy2: :heart:

Offline73D
Loc: southern CA
Re: :( [Re: World Spirit]
    #3946745 - 03/21/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I do feel better after playing D&D, chilling with the friends I have left and just enjoying myself.  I'm not as severely depressed as I was when I was first posted this :smile: I just needed to get my mind off of it.  Time does heal all and laughter IS the best medicine

--------------------
Religion is the devil.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3946755 - 03/21/05 12:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:sun:

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: :( [Re: World Spirit]
    #3947836 - 03/21/05 09:32 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Losing someone that young is hard, however I don't think your friend would like seeing you so depressed. From the way you describe him he sounded like a very positive and happy person and you were a better person to have known him. Do your friend a favor and get back to living for as you already know there is no guarantee on life. Live each day like it will be your last it just may be. Stop worrying about the dead and start living.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3950904 - 03/21/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, you think  your life sucks until you read something like this. I can't even imagine how horrible it must be to lose a best friend, esp. one like a brother....and I hope I never know. I don't what to say except sorry for your lose, and try to keep the faith. My advice is too live the way he would've wanted you to, make him proud.....you'll meet again.  :hug: :goodluck:

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (03/21/05 10:24 PM)

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: :( [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3950937 - 03/21/05 10:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

My advice is too live the way he would've wanted you to, make him proud

Great advice :smile:

I, like everyone else, am sorry for your loss. Reading this thread made my chest feel heavy. Your friend sounds like a very good person, as do you. You're lucky to have crossed lives with him, even if your time was seemingly cut short. Keep yourself occupied and remember to stay positive.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #3951137 - 03/21/05 11:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

:hug:  :heart:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3965519 - 03/24/05 05:33 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i know how you feel, one of my best friends died more than a year ago.  he was only 18 and fresh out of high school.  there was so much he had to offer and when he passed we were all crushed.  its been 15 months and i still think of him everyday.  it does still make me sad when i remember that we can't hang out anymore but it isn't as crushing as it was in the weeks and months after he died.

it sucks and shit like this happens.  you aren't alone in your feelings.  i'm sorry it had to happen to you but you will find peace as time stretches on so please hang in there. :heart:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being