Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Just having fun [Re: Enivid]
    #3946952 - 03/20/05 11:13 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Naw, those were just tests 1000's are used for every 4x4 feet. I hear the grower has been at it since 85. Hydro better yielding then organic, sorry but that is rumor a plant is a plant and grown under the best conditions genetics are genetics and the plant is only gonna put out so much. Hydro is no better in yield or potency and this has been proven by both Dutch passion, Sensi Seeds and Soma. The top breeders in the business.

Hortalux 400 enhanced are 55,000 lumen's each while the 1000 is 145,000 lumen's. Quite a difference. The two 400 will have a better light spread but not nearly the penetration of the 1000. Then again lumen's don't really mean much as spectrum does. Example most MH bulbs are 125,000 to 135,000 lumen's but the ones with the spectrum for vegative growth are only 80,000 lumen's but the plant uses more then 4 times that light resulting in mush faster growth.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Just having fun [Re: Magash]
    #3946986 - 03/20/05 11:29 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Magash said:

Nice! The guy who grew those knows his shit. :thumbup:

Quote:

Hydro better yielding then organic, sorry but that is rumor a plant is a plant and grown under the best conditions genetics are genetics and the plant is only gonna put out so much. Hydro is no better in yield or potency and this has been proven by both Dutch passion, Sensi Seeds and Soma. The top breeders in the business.

I know of a guy who grows also. He too believes this. Hydro can save space, but the guy I know of only goes organic. Organic fertz too. Earth Juice grow, bloom, and sometimes just a little superthrive. :stoned:

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Just having fun [Re: MrMaddHatter]
    #3947222 - 03/21/05 01:04 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Organic is key....so are genetics. Have you found that quality/yield decreases as new momma's are propagated from clones?

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3957059 - 03/22/05 10:39 PM (19 years, 10 days ago)

You know not really. it may happen over a period of several years but I never have seen then kept that long around here  :wink: cause the guy likes to change strains every so often for breeding reasons.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3958109 - 03/23/05 06:42 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Enivid said:
Growin' the ganja is truely an art and is a highly prized and respected skill.  Props to those whole cultivate!!

1000w are key, but was told that two 400w=more lumens and more sq.ft....

Ak-47.....i have to experience that strain....Super Haze is a amaaaazzing...as is Jack Herer and of course Trainwrek....

Is there a Cannabis forum around here anyone frequent??
                                          :rasta:

I believe 600's have best lumans/watt...IIRC

www.overgrow.com

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#3958279 - 03/23/05 08:17 AM (19 years, 10 days ago)

wow....excellent Magash!!!!

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Just having fun [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3963095 - 03/24/05 12:49 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Quote:

Enivid said:
Growin' the ganja is truely an art and is a highly prized and respected skill.  Props to those whole cultivate!!

1000w are key, but was told that two 400w=more lumens and more sq.ft....

Ak-47.....i have to experience that strain....Super Haze is a amaaaazzing...as is Jack Herer and of course Trainwrek....

Is there a Cannabis forum around here anyone frequent??
                                          :rasta:

I believe 600's have best lumans/watt...IIRC

www.overgrow.com

two 600's...that's what i meant.  two 600watt=better than one 1000

yeah, someone has noted a pretty observable difference in yield from the early generational cloned babies from the mamma that was started from seed and those that have come off like a 6th generation mamma.  I've read that growing and fruiting straight from seed has it qualitative differences from clones...but then you've got like that xtra month of veg time.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3963438 - 03/24/05 02:16 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Ok, now your talking. yup those 600's are nice very popular in Europe.

Buds from seeds are the same as buds from clones quality wise that is why they are called clones. Exact copies as the mother plant.

As far as going 6 generations I don't really do that I try to work with F1's then try and stabilize my own crosses from those.  :wink:

--------------------

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3963456 - 03/24/05 02:23 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Yeah I don't know, can't really speak from xperience on the seeds and clone issue...just read a few articles in HighTimes that discussed it. Probably just seed co propaganda.

Crossed bread, by accident, a couple of times...just held onto the seeds...

I've heard rooting clones can be a bitch, even when you have the EZClone.

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3963479 - 03/24/05 02:33 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Hey you know I have had some great things come from crosses that I didn't mean to make. Esp if your talking strains that you mentioned earler. Imagen the F1's that you'll get from those. Trainwreak X Super Haze...lethal.

At first cuttings can be a bitch but it really isn't that hard once you get your system down. Some strains are easier then others though. Most indica's are easier then sativa's.

--------------------

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3963506 - 03/24/05 02:43 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Interesting, didn't know that about the varying degree of dificulty between the indica and sativa when making clones. 

The crosses were of Kali Mist and Skunk#1.  Gotta love the Sativas! 

If there was more room it would be nice to set up a breeding area...hopefully one day we'll have the freedom to purue our interests in cannabis without feeling the brutal force of authority breathing down our neck and won't have to regulate ourselves to a closet growroom....though medical is legal in Cali! :smile:

it'd be nice to be able to put out clones like clock work...

ever hear of the strain lowryder?? :smile:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3963519 - 03/24/05 02:49 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Yes. Lowrider is gonna open doors for a lot of people that want fast bud in a small place. Not as potent as the strains we are talking cause of the rudaralis in it but it's good.

Kali Mist and skunk#1...Your gonna kill people with that...it will be some mean stuff.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3963530 - 03/24/05 02:59 AM (19 years, 9 days ago)

Man, i'm pretty sure those seeds are long gone...that was years ago...good old skunk#1, one of my fav's...i miss her.... :frown:

lowrider may have the potential to revolutionize the way cannabis is grown, with an automatic flowering trigger and all... :shrug:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck