Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLuvWallyWorld
Slack-jawedgawker

Loc: Midwest
cut contam out of my casing, patched, how will I know if it's still good?
    #3943827 - 03/20/05 11:52 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

I just surgically removed a 1/2" trich patch from the top of my casing which is in a aluminum meatloaf pan. The top casing layer is only about 3/4" thick jiffy-mix since this is my first casing and I didn't read the instructions correctly. In addition to removing the trich I cut out an extra inch all around, sprayed with peroxide water and filled the hole with wet verm. Currently there are tiny shroomies about 1/2" high beginning to sprout evenly across the casing.

I've never done or maintained casings before. I tend to favor a "wait and see" strategy so it's not like I'm going to try and eat these things before I know they're safe (like some people on this site). Still, at some point I'd like to try teh shrooms from my casing so what are the signs I should look for to indicate that the trich is coming back after surgery?

I've read numerous casing teks and they all seem to say that cutting out and patching contams is fairly normal so how do all you guys know when you've successfully cut something out?

Identifying contams is easy, identifying when a casing is ok to eat after the removal of a contam is more difficult.

oh and feel free to move this to the contam forum if that's more appropriate.

--------------------

Edited by LuvWallyWorld (03/20/05 11:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: cut contam out of my casing, patched, how will I know if it's still good? [Re: LuvWallyWorld]
    #3943840 - 03/20/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Where-ever the contam was, Put salt on it, where you put the salt is where no growth will occur and your success is more guaranteed, Unless the contam has already spread, it's like trying to catch cancer, Good luck, ill post back w/ a link :thumbup:

-Gnostic

Edit: Here it is, Good luck

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...2fd40d26331c1f5

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag