Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Contam trouble
    #3943685 - 03/20/05 01:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am getting a specific type of contams in my pf jars. The contams have on three attempts appeared in every jar (20 jars used each time). I have used the same method severel times before and never had this problem. i make pf substrate only using rye flour instead of brf. --------i use a top layer of dry verm, a layer with foil with four holes to inject the spores then a double layer of foil on top of that. pc on 15 psi for 45 minutes exactly and incubated on 17.6 degrees celsius.

The contam appears pretty quickly after first sign of mycelium. Its pitch black in color. It seems like it everything and when you touch the contam it goes into black dust that stick to the glass in the jar. its pretty messy and seems to be completly without moisture when it has been fully grown, its more moist like when it first appears.

well i just want to identify this contam and find out how it got there and then try to prevent this from happening in the future

I suspect the incubator to be the host for this contam now so I have cleaned it really good and are starting on a new round with a new fresh strain and see if I get better results

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Contam trouble [Re: kira]
    #3948929 - 03/21/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

It's hard to tell the kind of contaminant affecting your jars. Always wear a mask when opening contaminated jars, some contaminants can make you sick if you inhale them. Best thing you can do, is to toss the cake outside your house into a plastic bag and clean everything - jars , grow room , incubator - with a water and bleach solution, it's a great disinfectant.
Try PCing for 1 hour instead of 45 minutes and make sure your inoculation procedures are really sterile - flaming needle, rubbing alcohol to clean everything.

Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum