Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline2ndRegime
"Place TitleHere"

Loc: Western Region
My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip...
    #3943408 - 03/20/05 11:15 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've tripped a couple of times before. My first time being full of visuals, differential perceptions, and just things that made me go "wooaa coool". My next couple of trips I've gotten more lost in them and seemed more spiritual. Then came my most recent trip (couple of months ago) and probably my last trip that I'm looking for some advice on.

It was my most intense trip ever, intense visuals, things don't make sense, experiences of life and death etc. Well the part of the trip that really scares the shit out of me is towards the end, where my thoughts were merely scattered blobs. Paranoia was abundant and I started to panic inside, thinking I was going psycho and going to be permanently this way. Voices were whispering and delusions of grandeur set upon towards the end of trip. At the end point when I was coming down (and back to reality), those blobs which were my thoughts to pieced themselves together and everything started to make sense slowly.... ow here I am. I'm doing fine now and been living a normal life since.

So I researched around the net and came to here: http://www.healthyplace.com/Communities/Thought_Disorders/schizo/nimh/life.htm . The page explains symptoms of schizophrenia and the thing that scares me is all those symptoms were "part of my trip". I basically experienced all those symptoms while tripping but only shrugged them off as a bad trip. Well I know that mushrooms can surface mental problems in those that are predisposed with them but there's no way for me to find out if my family has a background of mental problems (i really doubt they do). I'm just wondering if the majority of you guys have bad trips that resemble the symptoms of schizophrenia or psychosis listed on that web-page? is this just a normal bad trip? I usually injest a moderate 2-4g dose of the fungi and have plenty of sitters. I know you guys aren't psychiatrists but any input would help a lot, Thanks!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBal0n
Shroomer

Loc: the Netherlands
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: 2ndRegime]
    #3943434 - 03/20/05 11:24 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know what it is like to have schizophrenia or a psychosis, but acid defenitly feels like a psychosis. The thought patterns, analysing yourself at all times, extreme expression of thoughts and feelings, etc etc.

So yeah, more people have these symptoms, if not all.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the 'Universe' - a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something seperated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3943467 - 03/20/05 11:33 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

A trip is what you make it, it's all about set and setting. What did you do during your most recent trip? You should keep in mind that if you are are stable without any kind of underlying mental conditions, you will come out the other side just fine.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: gdman]
    #3943706 - 03/20/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Schizophrenia is having a (naturally predisposed or drug-induced) open mind revealing the ego's illusory nature on one hand, and hopelessly clinging to your ego as your identity on the other. Trips are always trying to teach you something...

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3944914 - 03/20/05 05:52 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yea, I think about a lot of shit going in my life, they def. help my think more positivly (i've got bi-polar disorder)....Most people say to not trio when you're sad, and i agree...Makes it feel more like doing crack and other hard drugs just for the feeling...
Maybe you tripped at a bad point in your life or perhaps when you weren't real happy?...Or thought that you were crazy or maybe thought that you were?

I've had trips like this before, if you think about bad trips and worry about it...then chances are you'l have one, do it with a friend, do it somewhere where you can walk and experience things (w/o getting into trouble of course :wink:)....

That's just my thoughts on it thought.Good luck, i hope that a couple of trips don't ruin your whole experience and views on it :frown: ..

Well gl

-Gnostic

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3946155 - 03/20/05 10:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

We'll, the first time I shroomed I thought I had basically gone crazy.

I was having visions of people at mental institutions, and how they got there (they would start doing drugs, losing family and such). And then visions of me going through the same path of doing drugs with friends, then doing drugs alone until I went crazy.

Ofcourse, I came back and WHOA... what a rollercoaster that was!

Many poeple feel like they have gone completely crazy on some trips. You just had one of those trips, but thats all it was, a crazy trip.

You're fine friend, don't worry about it.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #3947458 - 03/21/05 04:52 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've had several trips like you describe - It can be scary but looking back at how... "creative" my mind got and how convinced I had been of various crazies, I think its pretty cool :laugh: because I come back down and its like "wow I've just been laying/sitting/standing here doing nothing!"

during my psychedelic experiences it often seems like there is lots of "extra stuff" happening with intentions from all over

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: Strumpling]
    #3949215 - 03/21/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah this is completely normal. I think this must've been your first "head trip" where the trip really isn't in the visuals, or the perceptions, but it's more (if not completely) in your thoughts and the way your thoughts are organized.

When psychedelics were first discovered, psychiatrists considered their effects as chemically incuded models for mental illness. While there are similarities, such as paranoid association (seeing really weird, obscure connections between two unrelated things), disordered thoughts, and disagreement with consentual reality; this doesn't mean that you are actually going crazy.

That's just tripping. As long as you feel normal again after you come down, it's fine. But if you still felt schizophrenic afterwards, I'd be worried...

Offlineblindctg
Stranger
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: dr0mni]
    #3953543 - 03/22/05 02:50 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had a bad trip once, It was watching Lord of the Rings after getting into a bad fight with my now ex-gf, I started tripping right after the fight. Never thought surround sound could affect me the way it did. :-P Ive done it after that, I just keep telling myself that its the mentallity you go into the trip. Every time I do something of that sort I tell myself that im doing it to have a good time, and everything that happpens is just my mind fucking with me and just enjoy it.

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3953786 - 03/22/05 03:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the_phoenix said:
Schizophrenia is having a (naturally predisposed or drug-induced) open mind revealing the ego's illusory nature on one hand, and hopelessly clinging to your ego as your identity on the other. Trips are always trying to teach you something...

if you trully understand this and think on it for a while, you won't be so freaked out next trip... that alien, psychotic feeling in your trip feels to me like my mind opening up other parts of my mind to interpretation, alteration, termination, and ultimatly a change in myself that i feel is always always for the better

but you just can't let yourself freak yourself out, it's all the drug :smile: be happy, confident in yourself and about yourself and you'll make it ok

-if you have doubts as to your mental condition, don't dose
-if you have doubts and still want to dose, have a smart, disciplined, and "aware" watcher for the trip that can help talk you out of the possible problems that can arrise from a trip

remember, psychadelics open the minds door to the unconscious, which can contain anything from your life, good or bad.  if your of a strong mind, dealing w/ these things can transform you overnight

Invisiblevandago
Flat Earther
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #3954420 - 03/22/05 05:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've had a couple different experiences in which I was worried about my sanity, and it usually stems from my mom always pushing into my head that my grandma is going crazy therefor she is crazy ( when shes flipping out screaming at me and my siblings) and that I'm just like her. So I always think there may be an underlying mental disease in my family....well I only actually think that when I'm tripping and my friends are "throwing" words at me that don't register, and I just can't grasp anything and keep dipping out to another dimension but still feel intact with my body....so it feels like I'm in two places at once.

I have always ended up sane and fine after every trip however. And I've got 60+ lsd trips and about 30-40 shroom trips under my belt.

--------------------
Thread Lightly in here.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #3955215 - 03/22/05 07:59 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You've already gotten great advice about this, and I'd end up repeating everyone else, so, just a quick question.......is that you in your avatar?

--------------------

Invisibleworldscapegoat
Oneself

Loc: Hell
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3955528 - 03/22/05 09:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Schizophrenia is a biological disorder in which the cavum septi pellucidi of your brain are enlarged (usually 2x the normal size)

we can all have the feelings associated with schizophrenia, but unless they continue on when the trip is over, you're fine :smile:

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #3963643 - 03/24/05 06:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Psychedelics can in some people bring out experiences that they may feel are similar to psychotic states - Schizophrenia is more than psychosis however and your symptoms - and those of a strong trip are purely psychosis

--------------------

OfflineSummerSinger67
I love abeautiful mind.
 User Gallery

Loc: Richmond,VA
Re: My psychedelic trip seemed like a schizophrenic trip... [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #3964255 - 03/24/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yea thats crazy, but after taking psychology after so many years, you should be fine. schizophrenia, if you do have the disease, shows up and becomes present wants you actually know u are associated with it, so if ur fine afterwards, im sure and almost positive, you dont have it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

--------------------
"No one told me it was going to be easy..and the ones that did had no idea what I was talking about..but who ever does know what im talking about"

OfflineArdRi
traveler

Loc: northeast usa
Do come back and keep us updated [Re: 2ndRegime]
    #3966746 - 03/24/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Since you haven't  been back in a few days  i'm guessing its not  been pressing on your  mind or you've been committed lol. If so we'd love to come and visit you :smile:

Edited by ArdRi (03/24/05 11:24 PM)

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Do come back and keep us updated [Re: ArdRi]
    #3966913 - 03/25/05 12:04 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Someone said:
"schizosprenia is the nature of the big bang."

Why not..you talk to people all the time, but all you really experience is your self.

I say..don't worry about it. What did the voices say? If it didn't make much sense..it's just some stupid section of your mind. If it was something larger, maybe the issue is more subtle than you originally imagained.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports