Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
What have psychedelics done for you?
    #3942784 - 03/20/05 03:55 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Have psychedelics helped make you a better person? Have they helped heal you spiritually? Have they helped you grow emotionally? How have psychedelics influenced your life?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: Silversoul]
    #3942861 - 03/20/05 05:42 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

i have had a lot of personal insight and cognitions while under the influence of psychedelia. It has helped me become less self absorbed and much more outward. I learned that "interested is interesting" and that this society inforced struggle to be liked by all is not only useless but counteractive to happiness.
I wouldnt say mushrooms have helped me grow emotionally, if anything i am much more stoic and able to control the surface protrusions of my emotions better. I dont think i was spiritually "wounded" to begin with so there was nothing to heal, only more avenues of thought to take than i thought before mushrooms.
My ideas, morals, ethics, being, understanding and relationships have become IMO "better", but then who doesnt think that their current morals are better than their previous ones. Overall, i feel i am in much more control of my life and instant surroundings than before.

Offlinehobgoblin
Stranger
Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #3942951 - 03/20/05 06:37 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Good question Paradigm and good post psilocyberin! Couldn't have said it better. :smile:

I'll add that psychedelics seem to hook-me-up with what some folks call the Numinous:

Suppose you were told that there was a tiger in the next room: you would know that you were in danger and would probably feel fear. But if you were told "There is a ghost in the next room," and believed it, you would feel, indeed, what is often called fear, but of a different kind. It would not be based on the knowledge of danger, for no one is primarily afraid of what a ghost may do to him, but of the mere fact that it is a ghost. It is "uncanny" rather than dangerous, and the special kind of fear it excites may be called Dread. With the Uncanny one has reached the fringes of the Numinous. Now suppose that you were told simply "There is a mighty spirit in the room" and believed it. Your feelings would then be even less like the mere fear of danger: but the disturbance would be profound. You would feel wonder and a certain shrinking?described as awe, and the object which excites it is the Numinous. ~ C.S. Lewis

Long live the mysterium tremendum. :heart:

--------------------
Seek not to rationalize hobgoblins. ~ Yeats

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #3942964 - 03/20/05 06:52 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I'm tripping right now...(coming down) so I might not be able to answer this as subjectively...but...right now here is my answer:

They have shown me all I need to be is myself.

Like...they've helped me reconnect with who I am...they've pierced the layers of cultural indoctrination and aided me in discovering my true identity as a human being.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: MOTH]
    #3943305 - 03/20/05 08:40 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
They have shown me all I need to be is myself.

Pretty much the same for me. Psychedelics have helped me to love myself for who I am, no matter how strange I may seem to other people. On the one hand, they've helped humble me, but on the other hand, they've built up my self-esteem.

--------------------

OfflineRedNucleus
Causal Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Seahorse Valley
    #3943307 - 03/20/05 08:41 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

This is a good thread idea. I was going to make a thread detailing how my psilocybe experience on friday has healed me. It is a powerful surprise, and I am so happy because I did not know that mushrooms were thought to be useful in healing. The healing I underwent was mental, emotional, and spiritual. I used to be a robitussin drinker, and although I quit years ago, I have remained mentally disorganized to the point where it created problems in my life. I have been unhappy and frustrated with myself for years now.

On friday I ate 7 grams of dry P. Cubensis. The experience was chaotic and only partially fun for the first few hours. Later on, I suddenly experienced powerful consciousness awakening, as blocked mental pathways were very quickly, in a burst of energy, re-energized. I was in euphoria when I realized that I felt fully alive for the first time in years. Suddenly my brain was doing things at an incredible rate, amazing me with its power, as it used to, before I injured it with DXM, and the laced marijuana you get in my town. I was picturing events that had just past, in fast motion, and in reverse, with full detail. I felt my heart overflow with warmth, and could feel the complexity of myself as an organism. I was holding enormous amounts of information in my system at once, without confusion, without lost information, just any normal healthy human can. Every bit of my mind was crowned with the rainbow of visible colors, all vibrating. It was, in a way, the most beautiful experience of my life. I felt what I can only describe as spirit, as a white glow, enveloping me completely, became apparent. I felt a great and emotionally poignant feeling enter me. The Earth was given to us, and we are the only ones here with the great potential to be its masters. I had a glimpse of my human potential. I was emotionally overwhelmed and I was proclaiming to my friend that I have been awakened to a level I have never felt before! My body was full of this wondrous food, and I was healed. Mentally, I no longer feel malfunctional. Emotionally, I have regained the ability to feel love. In addition, I now believe in spirit. I have also been healed spiritually.

I learned one lesson. I feel that it was my one main lesson because it so important, yet we take it for granted.

My lesson was to exercise every day, including every morning when I wake up. I learned many times throughout my life that exercise makes your body produce the balanced chemical environment that it functions optimally in. While the sacred mushroom had me in such a powerful, high functioning state, I understood that exercise is what will get me here during the rest of my life, when I do not have psilocybe mushrooms in my body.

Resultant of the loudness with which my lesson was screamed at me, by whatever force thought necessary to teach me, I pass the lesson onto you. Exercise, you, and function optimally. That way you will be powerful, and overcome with the beauty of the world. Thank you to the Shroomery for being here to help me. I have been touched deeply.

Edited by RedNukleus (03/20/05 08:49 AM)

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3943333 - 03/20/05 08:50 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

psychedelics have certainly changed me as a person, but whether i'm better now than before is subjective. i like myself now more than before i ate that first tab.

i usually find that its not the psychedelic experience itself that changes me. its usually some time after the trip when i'm thinking about it that changes take place.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: alsey]
    #3943347 - 03/20/05 08:54 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

alsey said:
i usually find that its not the psychedelic experience itself that changes me. its usually some time after the trip when i'm thinking about it that changes take place.

Ya, I hear that. It's afterwards when I'm reflecting back on a trip and interpreting what I experienced that the real insight comes.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3943356 - 03/20/05 08:58 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

I know what you mean. I've had trips where it's taken me months and months to integrate the experience. Sometimes my memory of the trips is clearer 6 months after the experience rather then immediantly.

OfflineBlueOrb
prototype
Loc: The fourth dimension
Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: MOTH]
    #3943431 - 03/20/05 09:24 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Mushrooms have been fun, enlightening and damaging to my psyche. I have had some incredible experiences and insights while tripping, but also had some horrifically bad trips/experiences. Sometimes a bad trip is a negative label for something that turns out to be a positive development later on. However, I am currently in a depersonalized/derealized state of being, and have suffered a great deal following my last trip some 6 months ago. I have not been confident/able to trip since, and look forward to the day when I can use the mushroom again. I am a changed person as a result of hallucinogen use, however, whether this is for the better or worse, I am unsure yet. I do know that during the last 6 months there have been periods where I have wanted to die, because I have felt so bad. I am on my way to recovery now, and everyday that passes, I feel stonger within myself/mind.

Hopefully, I will be a stronger more spiritually developed person as a result of my suffering. Maybe the suffering is balancing out all of those happy euphoric times. Everything must balance.....

--------------------
"They are trying to build a prison, for you and me to live in"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: BlueOrb]
    #3943477 - 03/20/05 09:35 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

BlueOrb said:
I am on my way to recovery now, and everyday that passes, I feel stonger within myself/mind.

I wish you strength and peace on that journey.  :heart:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #3943508 - 03/20/05 09:49 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

It has helped me find myself emotionally, opens up new doors for ideas and thoughts that would otherwise be invisible.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #3943509 - 03/20/05 09:49 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Psychedelics caused me to grow my hair long, go naked in public, drop out of MIT, live in a bus, spend a summer at an ashram, follow The Dead, do weird chemicals at Burning Man and waste all of my creative free time on a website about fungi.

OK, now how do I determine if this made me a "better" human being or not?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3943532 - 03/20/05 09:55 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Have psychedelics helped make you a better person?  Have they helped heal you spiritually?  Have they helped you grow emotionally?  How have psychedelics influenced your life?

they have helped you help yourself?

:confused: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: Swami]
    #3943542 - 03/20/05 09:58 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Psychedelics caused me to grow my hair long, go naked in public, drop out of MIT, live in a bus, spend a summer at an ashram, follow The Dead, do weird chemicals at Burning Man and waste all of my creative free time on a website about fungi.

OK, now how do I determine if this made me a "better" human being or not?

so? it was not you who grew long hair? (are you blaming the drugs here?)

I'm just asking.. was it not YOU, who spend a summer at an ashram, because you did. was the psychedelics, who forced you to go? or that YOU went there.. hum.. OK.. thank you drive through..  :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: Gomp]
    #3943634 - 03/20/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

They've helped me help myself.

Check that, they've helped *ME* to help ME to help me to help me to help *Myself*.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3943680 - 03/20/05 10:58 AM (19 years, 12 days ago)

Psychedelics changed my life forever and ever. +++Amen+++

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3943938 - 03/20/05 12:25 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

it is good medicine for the increase of mental plasticity and the increase of appreciation of life

the effects are as enduring as permitted.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3943971 - 03/20/05 12:33 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

psychedelics has been supplement's as everything else in 'my' life?
:P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinelilbilski4life
fear andloathing inbozeman

Re: What have psychedelics done for you? [Re: Gomp]
    #3944059 - 03/20/05 01:02 PM (19 years, 12 days ago)

i know this is going to KILL my rating, psychedilics have done this for me: made me see things i never see before. OEV. maybe im just shallow with my psych. i really dont look to them for w/e just for fun, but they did show me how powerful my brain is. :laugh:. but ask me wat marjiuana done for me, and i could go on and on.

--------------------
------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract