Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot
    #3935274 - 03/18/05 11:00 AM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Man guilty of giving son, 3, marijuana
March 18, 2005
toledoblade.com

VAN WERT, Ohio - A man who gave his 3-year-old son marijuana last summer has been convicted of corrupting a minor with drugs, according to Van Wert County Common Pleas Court.

A jury took 90 minutes Tuesday to convict Joshua Minyoung, 23, of Van Wert of administering marijuana in July to his son, who was not named because of his age. Minyoung will be sentenced April 27 for the fourth-degree felony. In the meantime, he is free on bond and not allowed to have unsupervised contact with the boy, assistant prosecutor Eva Yarger said yesterday.

Reports from the Van Wert police department indicated that the child tested positive July 2 for marijuana use, according to a court document. One of Minyoung's friends testified that Minyoung pointed out the boy to him that day, saying, "Look at him, he is stoned."

The friend told the jury he became upset and left, later telling Minyoung's then-estranged girlfriend what had happened. She called the authorities, and they notified the boy's mother, Ms. Yarger said. She took the child to Van Wert County Hospital for a drug test, which came back positive for marijuana.

No one seems to know how exactly the boy ingested the drug, Ms. Yarger said. Minyoung's attorney implied that the boy's mother's husband could have been the culprit since he had previously used marijuana. Minyoung himself denied any involvement.

"He has refused to accept any responsibility," Ms. Yarger said.

Meanwhile, the youngster, who turns 4 in a couple of months, seems fine, she added.

Minyoung faces an 18-month sentence.

Ms. Yarger said it was not the first case she had come across involving a parent giving drugs to a child. "We have had reports on occasion, but we have never been able to prove it," she said. "At least I haven't."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot [Re: veggie]
    #3936053 - 03/18/05 02:09 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I think they should prosecute tobacco smokers when they intoxicate children with tobacco smoke. Second hand smoke has been shown to have very negative health effects on adults, I can only understand that the effects on children are at least as bad.

I see little difference.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinedelta9
Active Ingredient
Male

Loc: California
Re: Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot [Re: veggie]
    #3936126 - 03/18/05 02:29 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

What about all the parents that give their children a "taste" of alcohol? :rolleyes:

--------------------
delta9

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot [Re: delta9]
    #3936430 - 03/18/05 03:58 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Come on, that's definetly irresponible parenting.

I couldn't imagine giving a 3 year old a "taste" of alcohol, let alone smoking him out.

What an asshole.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot [Re: Boom]
    #3936596 - 03/18/05 04:50 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

I have friends that give there 2 yr old daughter beer all of the time.

She asks for it by name.

It's no big deal, just a few sips from the can.

I don't, however, think that smoking your kid out could be harmless.

Smoking is always a bad idea, for all ages.

Now say, perhaps, that the weed was in some food like a brownie, or chicken soup(my friend from southeast Asia tells about how his grandmother used to make it that way), and it was a very rare event, I see no harm.

But then again, I don't know what the long term effects of THC exposure to a toddler could be.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot [Re: Ekstaza]
    #3936666 - 03/18/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 5 days ago)

Any exposure of ANY psychoactive substance to someone not firmly thru puberty should be avoided at all costs.
Let the body develop as it should, don't introduce any external stresses that could fuck how it develops.

Unfortunately, curiosity, free will, and miseducation screw with this basic tenant of responsible drug use.
Every now and again of anything isn't going to hurt anyone.....but anything like regular dosing is a bad idea until at LEAST 21.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Man guilty of giving son, 3, pot [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #3942487 - 03/20/05 12:38 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

I agree.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale