Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
help clean up illinois rivers
    #3942459 - 03/20/05 02:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

hello...i was hoping to get some Illinois people together to clean up some of the garbage next to the rivers...i want to start buy starved rock state park...I would even be happy going to other places around the chi-town area or even the Mississippi river ...I think it is gross how people use mother nature as there garbage dump..one river goes into the next the eventually into the ocean...please help me get something going...thanks :heart: :tongue2: :sun:

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: help clean up illinois rivers [Re: starptv23]
    #3946846 - 03/21/05 12:34 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i guess people are not into this but if you ever want to help i will be there everyweekend i can ...thanks for your time and I hope someday your help..peace to all

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3946973 - 03/21/05 01:22 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

will there be free beer

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: help clean up illinois rivers [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3947001 - 03/21/05 01:39 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think its that people here don't care, I simply think that its the location. If I was anywere close to illinois, I'd be glad to help, but unfortunately I'm all the way on the east coast.

--------------------

Invisibleusefulidiot
It's notfascist, it's...Neoconservative!

#3947195 - 03/21/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think it's good that you are willing to take the initiative, just I've always thought it was supposed to be the government's job to pay people to do that kind of thing..

Offlinelackobreath
Cannabis Man
Re: help clean up illinois rivers [Re: usefulidiot]
    #3947519 - 03/21/05 05:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I used to live in illinois...generally i tried to stay AWAY from the rivers...

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: help clean up illinois rivers [Re: lackobreath]
    #3947983 - 03/21/05 10:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

ya the goverment should have people clean it up ..but they dont..Illinois is a joke when it comes to getting the goverment to do anything for the state parks when it comes to money..they might have the bad kids pick up though...I would give anyone a beer to help anytime..just not swaggy beer and then we can trow it out in are garbage bags...WHY WAIT FOR THE MAN TO DO IT WHEN WE CAN>>>>>>

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #3948021 - 03/21/05 10:36 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ya the goverment should have people clean it up

one word: INMATES

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: help clean up illinois rivers [Re: Innvertigo]
    #3948389 - 03/21/05 12:42 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i guess inmates should do it but the nearest jail is an hour away and i cant see them spending any money to buses there azzez out this way..plus that we need to take things in our own hands and clean it up...F*** the state doing it when we can do it ourselves and save tax money...

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3948411 - 03/21/05 12:48 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well since a majority of the people here that live outside of Illinois, the chances of you finding help is slim to none. I live in Mich, we have our own water concerns.

the answer is still INMATES. Jail is supposed to be hard and un-enjoyable. An hour away is pretty damn close since many in the REAL world drive that far or farther to get to their legitimate business.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3948512 - 03/21/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

there are allot of people here from Illinois...so i dont see why it would be such a slim chance of getting help...i believe in people and i hope that even if 2 or 3 is better then nothing..witch i have already got 3 Pm's from people on this sight...
i know MI has it own issues and i would be happy to go out there to help anytime since i love to go camping out that way and i think it has assume beauty..(besides Detroit..yucky)...
I know an hour is nothing i do that almost every weekend to see friends or family since i moved to the boonies..and i grew up in chitown witch there is traffic everywhere and it always takes an hour to get anywhere...
but it is a big deal to a mayor that wants to get Illinois budget back up at any cost...and to take 100 inmates would mean spending money with are taxes and i know how much you are against that...lol...i want to take charge of things on my own and stop waiting to someone else to do it...it is about time we all stop complaining about it and do something about it...

--------------------

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3948547 - 03/21/05 01:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i want my kid to see the earth with out the trash....

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3948566 - 03/21/05 01:32 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

there are allot of people here from Illinois...so i dont see why it would be such a slim chance of getting help

Many people work, inmates don't. I'm not defending people who litter, it's disgusting, perhaps those unemployed should be volunteering. I know I would if you were closer and I could find the time.

Quote:

nd to take 100 inmates would mean spending money with are taxes and i know how much you are against that...lol

it costs a hell of a lot less then paying city employees to clean it up.

How would you know that I'm against spending tax money? Have we spoken before?

Quote:

i want to take charge of things on my own and stop waiting to someone else to do it...it is about time we all stop complaining about it and do something about it...

That's quite noble really. I am a big proponant of clean waterways. Do you have a job?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3948606 - 03/21/05 01:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yes i think we where talking about health care and taxes before and you seem to be against free Heath care cus the rise of taxes...i was just trying to make a joke i guess it was not funny.sorry .but thanks your opinion i do wish the inmates would come and clean here but i dont see that happening anytime soon...
and at the moment i do not have a job that pays i raise a son and a house wife ..the only job i have is my garden..wink -wink and some side things i make blankets and crafts...so i do have the time when i have a car to get there to clean...

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3948619 - 03/21/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yes i think we where talking about health care and taxes before and you seem to be against free Heath care cus the rise of taxes...i was just trying to make a joke i guess it was not funny.sorry

I talk with a lot of people and I get all the names cofused...oh, and i'm not against free heathcare, just socialized.

Quote:

and at the moment i do not have a job that pays i raise a son and a house wife ..the only job i have is my garden..wink -wink and some side things i make blankets and crafts...so i do have the time when i have a car to get there to clean...

I only bring it up since it's the beginning of the work week and you are asking for volunteeres. I work a minumum od 10 hrs a day. Now I see where you have the time.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (03/21/05 01:46 PM)

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3948658 - 03/21/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

10 hours wow thats alot of work a day...i hope you have a good day ...peace my brother...thank you for your thoughts...

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#3948728 - 03/21/05 02:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I hope you get some people to help you, dirty water sucks.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

#3949980 - 03/21/05 06:37 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thank you so do I...i have faith in my fellow humans that we know we are the only ones that can take care of this problem in the world

--------------------

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#3950227 - 03/21/05 07:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I live in IL but all I do is work and sleep so I don't have much time to clean up other people's crap. Good idea though. They do make inmates clean up but most of the prisons are up north or down south, not near places like starved rock.

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Re: help clean up illinois rivers [Re: Catalysis]
    #3950278 - 03/21/05 07:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i hear you man it seams that alot of people work and that is cool it is still nice to hear from everyone...i hope someday we all can make a few minutes to clean up others junk...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion