Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
I'm trying so hard...
    #3931123 - 03/17/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

to quit this disgusting habit. It's crazy! I have no money, but for some reason I always have money for cigarettes. This habit is just ridiculous now, I don't even realize that I'm smoking half the time that I am untill I put it out.
I want to quit (I've tried like 3 times before). I really need something inexpensive that works. Any suggestions?

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: I'm trying so hard... [Re: Woland]
    #3931152 - 03/17/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Will power is pretty cheap - and effective. Cold turkey is the way to go.

I recently realized that I'm experiencing paranoid delusions. I think that people are thinking or talking about me in a negative way.

I think this is a result of me being anxious, unconfident, nervous, and paranoid around my friends and family. It started out when I first started hanging out with people. For a long time (all through highschool) I was a loner. I rarely talked to other people or hung out with anyone. I didn't care, though. I was happy to be myself. I just had no desire to try to be friends with people. I had friends on the internet who liked the same stuff as me. We could always have a good time together because we had similar interests. And I never had to worry about being accepted. I was interacting behind a monitor. If someone didn't like me or thought I was weird - who the fuck cared. They were just another person on the net.

So I get to my senior year in highschool. This is when I started hanging out with my bro and smoking weed. First it was just with one of his good friends. Eventually I meet a whole group of his friends - about 15 people who have all know eachother. Not everyone is the best of friends but they're all friends. It was really hard for me to become part of this group. My social skills were unrefined and underused. I felt like I could barely have a conversation. This caused me alot of nervousness and anxiety. I started to worry about what they thought of me - why can't he talk? etc. That's how it started - me worrying about what they were thinking.

Let's skip ahead about a year. I'm alot more confident in myself and who I am, but I still feel like I can't relate to most people, including this group of friends.

For a while I was convinced that my friends were talking about me behind my back. They actually were sometimes, but I've come to realize that I imagine them talking about me most of the time. I first realized it when I was hearing my brother talking about how weird I was while I was in my car with the doors shut. I couldn't beleive it. I was actually imagining his voice talking about all this intricate stuff - and it was all happening without me even trying.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Edited by hobbitcg (03/31/05 04:03 AM)

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3931241 - 03/17/05 04:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

yes, willpower is the best way. just DON'T SMOKE. you'll have to put up with a lot of suffering for a few days but its the quickest and easiest way to do it. the first thing you need to do is stop buying cigarettes.

quitting smoking is damn difficult. there's no easy way. you have to just stop.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: I'm trying so hard... [Re: alsey]
    #3931395 - 03/17/05 04:39 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quitting cold turkey is the most powerful method to quit smoking. I just did it, going on week two and I feel awesome.

www.whyquit.com is a great tool in helping you get past cigarettes.

Also, you can check out a thread I made on this same topic if you're interested:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3905195/an/0/page/2

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: I'm trying so hard... [Re: Holydiver]
    #3931500 - 03/17/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

maybe u should start off with smoking less each wekk until u dont smoke at all

--------------------

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: I'm trying so hard... [Re: DeathCompany]
    #3931727 - 03/17/05 05:48 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I quit cold turkey. It took about 3 weeks to really stop craving them. It's a hard thing to do but you can do it.

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
    #3932282 - 03/17/05 07:40 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How much do you smoke on average? Well at, lets say, $5 a day you could buy one joint, maybe a gram of shrooms and with some change, you got yer-self a 6pack... any of these first three options sound like a tempting alternative?
If not, your in pretty rough shape! So for *GOD'S SAKE... WAKE UP!!!
*or yours

Yeah cold terkuy might work for some... but if your as messed up as I suspect, your gonna need to take some stronger action to fight this DEMON!!! Though Beware, for if you do this you will be changed... Forever!!!

You wanted something inexpensive to aid you, well my friend start an ING savings account, because this will save you money!!!

You try so hard, and yet the craving takes you... it knows you too well, how to act, when to strike. It is a cunning enemy, but do not worry you are still in control, and that is something it will never know. You must use this to your advantage, seize the opportunity to flex and feel the power you posses. Visualize all the regions of you body and mind, give the signal and make them do your bidding. Feel the inside of you head and direct the flow of sensation from one end to the other.
When you feel your arm know it, recognize it, become the arm.
Do Not Touch!!!

This is just playtime though, stuff the helps you remember who you are... sounds simple, But IT Ain't!!!

Here comes the clincher, you need to know What you feel like... inside and out. Shit, what do I mean?
Hunger, Man, HUNGER!!!
No Smoke can be a scary thing, take your mind off it, because there is far worse happenings going on. You know some kids are dying from hunger, I think is up to one every 8 sec. No guilt trip intended but just to encourage the proposition... take it or leave it.

When you're ready to do this, you'll feel it. By this I mean taking a break, from smoking of course, but also the foods you love. 1 day, 2 days, 3 whatever, make it your responsibility to yourself... so that when ever you feel like smoking, you still got this nagging hunger to deal with! No it doesn't sound easy, Did you think id be easy?
Think of it as a double bladed aXe!!!
Now take out the trash!!!

Did I mention what you should eat, ONLY... Fruits, vegetables, and nuts/seeds, all raw.
This will fucking blow your body's mind, I tellyouwhat!!!
And if you eat to your hearts delight, chances are you won't be under nourished, BY A LONG SHOT.

Well Good luck, and don't forget you can feel you heart beat without putting your hand to the chest.
Just close your eyes and listen!!!

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm trying so hard... [Re: signoffate]
    #3933638 - 03/18/05 01:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

*cough*wierdo*cough*

--------------------

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
Try Harder!!! [Re: DeathCompany]
    #3936034 - 03/18/05 02:05 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Smoke can kill a man,  But Sticks and Stones are faster! :crazy2:

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: Try Harder!!! [Re: signoffate]
    #3936147 - 03/18/05 02:36 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

puff when you want a smoke..but this comes from someone that dont smoke cigs...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Try Harder!!! [Re: starptv23]
    #3937050 - 03/18/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

haha

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Try Harder!!! [Re: DeathCompany]
    #3937221 - 03/18/05 06:47 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quit cold turkey. Chew gum, and/or smoke weed. Always easier when you have something to replace it with.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Try Harder!!! [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3941272 - 03/19/05 06:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

How are you making out?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
Re: Try Harder!!! [Re: Holydiver]
    #3941977 - 03/19/05 10:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I find it helpful to tell myself I can have a cigarette later when I want one. Then, once the craving passes in 5-10 min, one no longer cares about having a cigarette. Cut back on your smoking as much as you can, every day you smoke less is a day you are weaning yourself off the nicotine addiction somewhat and will make the final break easier. Be determined. Keep gum, mints, or cough drops on hand to fight the oral fixation.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3944532 - 03/20/05 02:43 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Woland said:
to quit this disgusting habit. It's crazy! I have no money, but for some reason I always have money for cigarettes. This habit is just ridiculous now, I don't even realize that I'm smoking half the time that I am untill I put it out.
I want to quit (I've tried like 3 times before). I really need something inexpensive that works. Any suggestions?

what might help you is this...

do not stop buying smoke..
you must stop smoking smoke..

if you got no cigarettes, you could subconsciously think. i want to stop smoking, but still having the urge to bye it..

so get rid of that evil sneaky urge of buying it, even if it is not there. would help you, help yourself..

so stop smoking you probably did 3 times.. then you bought some, got some and or made some.. (heheh) and started again..

like swami said in another forum, if you want to get rid of the weed, you must pull it by the rot, not just cut it....

I hope this help. and i got tons more on this topic. so feel free!  :sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag