Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Agaricus bisporus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different
    #3940026 - 03/19/05 02:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Some bleive that a portabella is just a grown up white button. True they are the same species but they are different varieties. A port is brown since day one. A white button is white and stays white into maturity unless it gets some exposure to sun. I would say that similuar to different cubes, one being a b+ and one being a gt. They look differnt, probably taste different but they have the same growth perameters.
Here is a pic from today, one week since pin formation. Note the ports on the left and buttons on the right.

Here check out they are going to be growing next to each other.
Blue circle are buttons and ports are in red

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Edited by tahoe (03/20/05 01:01 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho
 Arcade Champion: Bowling

Re: Argaricus Bipourus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: tahoe]
    #3940417 - 03/19/05 05:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

So where did the link to your "heat drying is ok" go?!

--------------------
CIVIC IS Mycoshack!! Be careful trading with him!!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Argaricus Bipourus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: Taskenti]
    #3940742 - 03/19/05 06:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You gave me a bad rating cuz of that above^^ what a piece of shit. Dude you are one big asshole you know that?

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/5686915/page/0/vc/1

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Argaricus Bipourus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: tahoe]
    #3941004 - 03/19/05 07:14 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Some bleive that a portabella is just a grown up white button. True they are the same species but they are different varieties. A port is brown since day one. A white button is white and stays white into maturity unless it gets some exposure to sun. I would say that similuar to different cubes, one being a b+ and one being a gt. They look differnt, probably taste different but they have the same growth perameters.
Here is a pic from today, one week since pin formation. Note the ports on the left and buttons on the right.

Cool grow man. What temps did you incubate/fruit and is that indoor or outdoor.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Argaricus Bipourus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: Taskenti]
    #3941019 - 03/19/05 07:18 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

So where did the link to your "heat drying is ok" go?!

Uh, heat drying the ports? If you did need to dry em, wouldn't heat work fine if you were in some kind of rush? Or are you talking about something that has nothing to do with this topic?

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleTaskenti
MadPsycho

Re: Argaricus Bipourus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: Civ]
    #3941176 - 03/19/05 08:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

In his "myth busting" sig he said heat drying cubes was ok, and had a link directing you to instructions to make shroom tea as the basis that heat drying cubes was ok. I questioned him about it and he said "oops I put the wrong link Ill get the right one" then he just deletes it so I ask "hey whered it go?" and he gave me a bad rating for that!?!

--------------------

Edited by bruceallen (03/20/05 12:56 AM)

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3942085 - 03/20/05 12:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i picked 2 specimens so that i could clone them. The one on the left is a button and the one on the right is a portabella. Notice the smaller, younger portabella already has its distinctive color.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3943517 - 03/20/05 11:51 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Heat drying cubes is ok... if your talking about the heat given off by a dehydrator.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Argaricus Bipourus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3946201 - 03/20/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

here is today's pic. sorry its a little late but i have been snowboarding all day. The teal circle is an area where i brushed the casing to stimulate fruiting.

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

OfflineBasidiocarp
Dr. BunsenHoneydew
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rogue's Island, USA
Re: Agaricus bisporus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: tahoe]
    #3946316 - 03/20/05 10:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What substrate is this growing on? Was it spawned with the same species/strain? I'm confused, since you are saying that ports and buttons are different strains, and yet it appears that you have both kinds of mushrooms being produced by the same mycelial network. If I missed something I apologize, just wondering, thanks.

--------------------
"...if the mind is actually part of a continuum, a labyrinth that is connected not only to every other mind that exists or has existed, but to every atom, organism, and region in the vastness of space and time itself, the fact that it is able to occasionally make forays into the labyrinth and have transpersonal experiences no longer seems so strange."

Visit the Psychonautical Society

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agaricus bisporus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: Basidiocarp]
    #3946437 - 03/20/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Should have specified this info earlier. I bought the kit. It comes with what appears to be a straw manure compost. Its one big mass of compost and each side is spawned with the 2 varieties. The substrate is touching and the mycelium of each species does come in contact with each other. I am sure that the mycelium from each will pull nutrients from the others network. The point of this project is to show that inoculating a brf cake, not loose grain spawn, with 2 different varieties of the same species will produce both species. I have read numerous times in this BB that ONE variety or strain as they call them when dealing with cubes will take over the whole substrate area and not allow the other to fruit. That being wrong information I have decided to post this grow log.
I just picked the big port and cooked and ate it. They are so good fresh.

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Edited by tahoe (03/20/05 11:03 PM)

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: Agaricus bisporus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: tahoe]
    #3947913 - 03/21/05 09:59 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

IMO, it?s very sad for someone the need to start a thread just to show how much he knows if compared to someone else. It?s the wrong way!!!, cause there will be always someone that knows more than you, earns more money than you, got a hotter chick and a bigger dick.... than you.
I like your threads and replies, but you should drink less coffee/snort less cocaine or whatever.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agaricus bisporus Formation. Daily pics to show that ports and Buttons are Different [Re: Semilanceata]
    #3950110 - 03/21/05 06:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey! If you dont know what the hell you are talking about then why even speak? Here are the updated pics. I picked them and I am going to eat them tonight.

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3956494 - 03/22/05 11:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i picked them all, waiting on next flush.
Here is whats left of them

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3965828 - 03/24/05 07:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

2 days later, they are pinning like crazy again,

--------------------

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms