Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
Jesus, the son of GOD?
    #3939377 - 03/19/05 09:49 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

The son of god, in physical form? HM, that leaves a lot of questions.. Why him, WHY THEN? Why not now, when it seems the world needs a savior so much more. And why was the message so misconstrued, walked over, and persecuted through the ages. The son of GOD is a powerful title to put on a man. Did he really walk on water and rise from the dead, or are these metaphors of the gifts the holy spirit can give us as humans, the connection through and to god?

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: flowstone]
    #3939385 - 03/19/05 09:53 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3939396 - 03/19/05 09:57 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

If God is every. the we are part of God?
hence our father is part of God, being God..
I'm son of my mom.. mom is God. (as God is All?)

I'm son of God? :P

the second coming of Christ, is in You... :wink:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisibledorkus
Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? *DELETED* [Re: flowstone]
    #3939407 - 03/19/05 10:00 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: dorkus]
    #3939499 - 03/19/05 10:45 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

my work of art.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #3939618 - 03/19/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

flowstone said:
Did he really walk on water and rise from the dead, or are these metaphors of the gifts the holy spirit can give us as humans, the connection through and to god?

Bingo.

Dont take the writen word of the bible as a FACT...... but see them as stories that try to "paint a bigger picture" of how and why the world is the way it is.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: niteowl]
    #3939655 - 03/19/05 11:25 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Dont take the writen word of anything... ... ^^^^ ...

:grin: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: Gomp]
    #3939673 - 03/19/05 11:32 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

jesus christ is our lord and saviour who loves everyone. You should praise him OR ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNTIY BLAHHHHHH!

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3939696 - 03/19/05 11:37 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

If you study the four Gospels, the theology you describe belongs to John. Mathhew, Mark and Luke are the Synoptic Gospels [same view]. John's Gospel has colored the Synoptics in most casual reader's minds. For the Synoptic authors, Jesus was 'annointed by GOD,' that is, He was said to have received the Divine Right of Kingship by GOD, not by man. 'Son of God' or sons of God' are titles reserved for Kings in the Old Testament, as well as some apocalyptic prophets in the Book of Daniel, for example. It is the Biblically unlearned masses that wrongly believe that 'son of God' is a title for Jesus alone, but in the Johannine theology Jesus is not merely 'annointed [Christed] by GOD,' He is 'GOD clothed in flesh.' John's dominant theology has blinded most people to the theology of the Synoptics.

Reading John's Gospel is like being sun-blind. I just came in the house from the Miami sunshine, and everything seems dark in here by comparison. In the Synoptics, Jesus is still a man, albeit, one set apart from other men. Now, the debate as to whether He was different from us by 1) degree, or 2) by specie, has been a long one. Orthodoxy says that He is the second case - 'Fully God, Fully man.' No other human being is attributed that status. Johannine theology - the very Word Made Flesh, the Eternal Logos Incarnate.

I accepted this exalted status as literally true for many years, as do most people who consider themselves to be Christian. But, as Bultmann and other theologians of the 19th century, and John Shelby Spong in the 21st century, there is a real need for 'demythologizing' the historical Jesus. His Johannine status, and the miracles [phenomena that contradict laws of nature], the healings, all have to be [bracketed] as the Phenomenologists say, seen as universal linguistic devices to highlight the importance of Jesus' WORDS. In Hebrew this is called 'Midrash.' It may well be that little of what the New Testament says literally occurred. Certainly nobody was taking notes at an infant's birth for the Bethlehem Gazette. For myself, the Truth - the Way [to be] is the essential message of the Gospels, even if the worst was true: Jesus born illigitimately from a Roman legionnaire and a sexually assaulted Jewish girl (typical of soldiers even today in occupied countries), Joseph - a literary insertion (who quickly vanishes from the writings), the corpse of Jesus buried in a common grave to be ravaged by wild dogs, and the still Mysterious meaning of Resurrection - not the mythological-sounding 'resusitation' of a corpse by GOD, (though depicted in such terms to be taken literally by the simple-minded, and pondered for its symbolic meaning by the philosophical).

This is my predicament: I believe in a Resurrection, but I don't know what it means - it is a Mystery. Most people believe in a Resurrection 'at the end of time' which they interpret to mean the end of historical time, not the end of their personal time-line of life. Then, like some Chick Publication pamphlet, dust and bones will re-animate, rise from the Earth or, presumably, funery urn ashes, and rise up 'to meet the Lord in the air.' Now forget for a moment that the word 'air' is 'pneuma' in Greek and also means 'spirit,' but the ancients confused physical heavens with metaphysical Heaven. Their universe had a flat Earth, beneath which in the fiery magma lay Hell, and above, the domed heavens with movable and immobile points of light sat GOD on His Throne. The Mythic, the metaphysical and the physical were all muddled then, and NOW by a majority of Christians. Moreover, the myths are held in 'mind' but do not translate into transformation of the whole believer. Something is very very wrong that modern humanity has not been able to distill the Truth from ancient midrash. But this is just my unpopular take on it. I am still a Christian, or a Messianic Jew. Whatever. I am not down on the Divinity of Jesus, I am down on the theology that has misrepresented Jesus down to this very moment.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3939699 - 03/19/05 11:39 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

too much reading. you need to amke it simple for example, when i said

"jesus christ is our lord and saviour who loves everyone. You should praise him OR ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNTIY BLAHHHHHH!"

i was criticizing how they force people into there relegion" i didnt need an essay to explain

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #3939767 - 03/19/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Oh stop that nonsense. Go do your homework. I was responding to flowstone, young egotist.

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3939787 - 03/19/05 12:02 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

The gospels give varying interpretations of an account...

Pick your flavor that suits your beliefs... :shrug: deny the one that contradicts your belief... :shrug:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #3939831 - 03/19/05 12:11 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

The word son of god might me some kind of metaphore, just as "son of man" is used..

Son of man in the bible is as holy phrase as son of god

So this whole son father thing is a bit confusing sometimes, plus always have in mind that the translations are questionable, specially since the church wanted to make old testiment a bit more consistent with the new. For example gods in plural from old testament have been translated to god, to make sense in the one-god theory.

There is huge language and editorial barrier between us and what was actually written in the old papers.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3939971 - 03/19/05 12:43 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Son of God. God being the priest of the church and the son being just what it points to, his son. Let's just say the priest has his own ways.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (03/19/05 12:46 PM)

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: Droz]
    #3939980 - 03/19/05 12:45 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Droz said:
Son of God. God being the priest of the church and the son being just what it points to, his son. The church seeks to control everyone and be in power over everyone.

~Heretic. Blasphemy will put you in the deepest bowels of hell! Repent now.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #3939986 - 03/19/05 12:47 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Jesus Christ is our lord and Savior who loves everyone. You should praise him OR ROT IN HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY BLAHHHHHH!

so if you love unconditionally all.. then you are Jesus Christ consciousness's??

and you will save you from the tyranny of... ...yourself? :P

what a simple message? I wonder if peoples thoughts could complicate it... ...any more than i just did.

:sun:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/19/05 12:49 PM)

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3940003 - 03/19/05 12:51 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

There is always people who are non-religious that they spend there time trying to coax into following their ways. The more people who follow thier ways the more power that they have over everybody. As you can see this Psycoactive1984 is a follower of the church. He feels that it is necessary to torture those who do not follow thier ways. Their ways contradict themselves. The church is always making mistakes and the priest feels it's necessary to torture their people if they leave their church.

So you could be some little christian girl who thinks that it is so unberable cool to feel the power that they behold over others.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus, the son of GOD? [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #3940010 - 03/19/05 12:53 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Yes, that's the problem with the average person. [S]He simply wants to have Reality conform to his/her ego instead of the other way around. Now, with the Nag Hammadi findings of many formerly unknown Gospels, we have to expand our shrunken minds to include them in our understanding. Most people have, as William James put it, 'closed their accounts with Reality,' unfortunately. I am not interested in selecting that which appeals the most to me intellectually or emotionally. I want to Know the Truth, and the Truth comes not from any one written report. Collectively, I might be able to distill out the essential meaning (and, I believe that I have, the rest of my work is to understand intellectually that which is understandable intellectually).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

#3940014 - 03/19/05 12:55 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

The power of christ is to seek and torture those who do not follow his path. End Statement.

Edited by Droz (03/19/05 01:05 PM)

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

#3940043 - 03/19/05 01:04 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

I so desperatly look like a fool.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

Edited by Droz (03/19/05 01:08 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder