Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegoodenough
Left of center
Loc: where the sidewalk ends
MS-2 Independent Temperature/Humidity Controller
    #3939116 - 03/19/05 09:56 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Any one currently using the MS-2 Independant Temperature/Humidity Controller the one being sold by myco supply, I was wondering exactly how yours works, because I just purchased one , hooked it up in my grow chamber ... and then of course after this was all done I started to think about how exactly it works, I assumed I could hook up a humidifier and a heating device to the controller and have it turn on the device when I certain humidity level is reached within the chamber, the same goes for the tempature but it would initiate the turning on of a heater. Here is my logic on why I do not believe it will work and I really hope that I am simply missing something here, but say I wanted the chamber at 74 degrees , so I set the controller at that tempature, the only way that controller is going to turn on power to the unit is if the tempature goes above 74 degrees .... well if it gets above 74 degrees and the heater comes on it is going to continue to be above 74 degrees for the remainder of the time and the outlet will be on indeffinetly. This is the same issue I have with hooking up a humidifier. Any help or comments on the subject would be mint , thanks

Goodenough

--------------------
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
- Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MS-2 Independent Temperature/Humidity Controller [Re: goodenough]
    #3939131 - 03/19/05 10:06 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Generally, units like that work either way. You can probably set it if the temp raises above a certain temp (like 77), the a/c kicks on, or a fan/exhaust system. Or if the temp drops below 74, the heater kicks on. Same for humidifier, if the humidity goes above 95%, an exhuast kicks on (or humidifier off, whatever), and if its below 85%, the ultrasnoic humidifier (not cool mist, since that would be for air exchange and not lots of quick humidity like an ultra) kicks on.

Someone may have experience with this exactly controller, but thats how they usually work anyway...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinegoodenough
Left of center
Re: MS-2 Independent Temperature/Humidity Controller [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3939164 - 03/19/05 10:29 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

anyone out there with particular experience with this model ??, I see what you are saying scatmanrav but my brain still can not fathom how it would work with this model , there is only two outlets, one for humidity and one for tempature.... still puzzled by this.

Goodenough

--------------------
"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

Offlinegoodenough
Left of center
    #3942270 - 03/20/05 01:31 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

bump

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3942315 - 03/20/05 01:47 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I checked it out on the site, it seems if the humidity or temperature raise beyond a certain point something kicks on, this would be an a/c or exhaust. If you were trying to warm the closet, I'm not sure this will control the temp. Whatever you use to warm the closet should have a thermostat on it though.

Dont know how much help you'll get, expensive toy for most basic cultivators :smile: Good luck though!

Also, email Lana....who best to explain then who sold it to you.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinegoodenough
Left of center
Re: MS-2 Independent Temperature/Humidity Controller [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3942816 - 03/20/05 06:38 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

thanks man , I emailed them , I appreciate the help. I should hear from them on monday .

goodenough

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation