Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
First Grow Day 4 after pinning
    #3938059 - 03/18/05 10:33 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Foaf is tryin his hand at shroom cultivation here are some results.... First... all thanks go to the people who upkeep this site, monitor it and post to it, for without all this info none of this would be possible.. Hows that for sucking up :crazy2:
Taz print
made into a syringe using dist. water and barley malt syrup and left in dark for a week to turn into myc.

Popcorn tek  1, 1/2 pt. wide mouth jar and a coupla spoonfuls of perilite on the bottom for the extra goop and some vermic. on the top for contams. 4 holes in lid for innoc. and 3 coffee filters for filtering/air exch. w/rubberband. Left in the dark in a rubbermaid in closet for 10 days and then cased. Popcorn.. Soaked in refrig. for a week in water, drained put in jars and pc'd at approx 10 psi for 45 min.

containers for casing
2 6-1/2" round dark blue almost black cheap ass containers approx. 3" deep. 1/2" perilite, 1/4" h2o h2o2, 1/4" 50/50 jiffy mix, half of a half pt. of fully colonized popcorn per container.... also added to the soil was a mixture of another soil containing worm casings, compost, peat, and a whole bunch of other stuff. anyways ... popcorn spread evenly over the  1/4" of mix and then covered with approx. an inch or less of this mix also. and misted. 13 days total since cased.
What do you think more humid????

hope this pic works
the one on the left was cold shocked and the one on the right was just patched and put into the fc. see the difference... they both have the same amount of everything and both put into the fc on the same day. temp very low 70's up to 75 or so. humid constant 98rh perilite. msted twice a day for the past 4 days and a few squirts from date of casing :tongue:.  distilled water for misting.

air exch
Another cheap ass item everrone should have.
although a true noob to all of this this is actually asecond casing the first failed due to that nasty greeen stuff. I think due to fanning near the rat's cage yes Foaf has a rat.. pretty coll ting and damn smart.
11 dollar fish tankk pump and 5 dollar timer and a few bucks for hoses and bubblers. the pump has a built in filter and I have it pullin air through a regular syphon type filter with activated charcoal. Just rest the pump on the filter. All Timed for 30 minutes of air every three hours, 8 exch a day 24/7

This is the cold shocked one

This is the one patched and put into terrerium.

:mushroom2:the biggun on the right is about 4 inches tall! :mushroom2:

--------------------
All above posts are purely fictional and for amusement purposes only... Have A Nice Day! :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: First Grow Day 4 after pinning [Re: juspassinthru]
    #3938107 - 03/18/05 10:45 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Are those mazatapec by any chance? The fruits are always small and skinny like that.

Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow Day 4 after pinning [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3938120 - 03/18/05 10:49 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

They should be Tasmania.

--------------------
All above posts are purely fictional and for amusement purposes only... Have A Nice Day! :wink:

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3938157 - 03/18/05 11:02 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

>Popcorn tek 1, 1/2 pt. wide mouth jar and a coupla spoonfuls of perilite on the bottom for the extra goop and some vermic. on the top for contams.

Perlite in the jar? You could have just put dry verm...If too much water was present then it would have sucked it up but i guess perlite works...

>Soaked in refrig. for a week in water, drained put in jars and pc'd at approx 10 psi for 45 min.

You knocked them up, cold shocked and dunked them for a week?...Then you Pc-ed them....? If so you killed everything...

And perlite as casing mix lol....Coco/verm. works great and peatmoss/verm w/ a Ph buffer :thumbup:....And i your cold shocked one should be doing better (more pins) than the one that wasn't cold shocked...you might want to read a bit before your next casing...Just my .02...Good shit tho :thumbup:

-Gnostic

Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
Re: First Grow Day 4 after pinning [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3938177 - 03/18/05 11:09 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

LOL ... no sorry about the order but when I went to edit it did that erase as you type thing..... anyways I soaked the dry corn for a week to hydrate.... and so on
and .02 always welcome. Oh yeah all soil and perilite were nuked..... before putting in the terrerium :smile:

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3938337 - 03/19/05 12:05 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

O lol, sry about that then :smirk:

I've seen perlite used as a sub. before but i've never realyl try it :shrug:

Kool to see it work for others to :thumbup:

-Gnostic

Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
    #3939125 - 03/19/05 08:00 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

DAY 5
Damn!! Foaf sent these to me... less than 12 hrs of growth...
Hey kronnyQ I think you may be correct. about the strain there are 3 other tubs like this all same syringe and a little variation in soil and moisture for experimentation. All look identical so far. I dunno maybe its the perilite. here are some pics less than 12 hrs later.

any tips would be greatly appreciated!! :wtf: :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3939129 - 03/19/05 08:03 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Perlite probably wicked the moisture out...Right out the sub...Damn

Where's your light source at? Maybe that's why they're growing crazy, or b/c of the moisture issue :shrug:

-Gnostic

Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
    #3939158 - 03/19/05 08:24 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

You're probably right about lighting they get natural through curtains all day and partial from house lights at night. Windows and house lights are on opposite ends of house. He just thought that because of terrarium it wouldn't really matter that much.

Here is a pic of terrarium

Looks like controlled lighting next and different casing method
Oh BTW he is trying pf style using popcorn double end cased with vermiculite with what "should be" Hawaiian. Will start another thread for that if all goes well.

--------------------

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#3939162 - 03/19/05 08:28 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Hm..:thumbup:, nice terrium...

Prime lightsource would help pin-set and a more "natural" looking growth (growing striaght lol)...

Shouldn't really need verm. unless you have really really wet grains and always end up with goo...No need for verm., you'd just have to critiuqe your moisture inside the grains/seeds (soak time/simmer time)

Agar made a great point about grains, hit him up and ask him about simmer time and soak time for popcorn, he'd def. give you useful info. Gl

-Gnostic

Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
    #3939213 - 03/19/05 08:54 AM (19 years, 14 days ago)

>Shouldn't really need verm. unless you have really really wet grains and always end up with goo...No need for verm., you'd just have to critiuqe your moisture inside the grains/seeds (soak time/simmer time)
Yes Foaf agrees.
has been pc'ing popcorn with varying water content and has found that after soaking for a few days boiling for 30 min and straining ,that 30ml of water added to 1/2 pt. jar and 30 to 45 min in the pc @ 10 psi minimum, little to  no water at bottom(no guage and bought the 20$ pc from walmart max 10 psi 4 qt.. Capacity is 3 largemouth 1/2 pt or 4 tall 1/2 pt). So since pc'ing only 3 at a time why not experiment. He has gotten this far so the 10 psi deal is working for him..... since no guage possibly more psi in the pc?! Anyways he will be off to wal mart for another timer and a flourescent bulb. He figures since he got shrooms and this is really working a few bucks more won't hurt..... Or Will It!! lol :crazy2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinejuspassinthru
For A Cup of Joe
 User Gallery
    #3945890 - 03/20/05 07:13 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Okay! He has reached his objective... to go from print to print. Foaf sent these pics on first flush from the two containers. This was more than was expected from one 1/2 pt jar. sorry no scale.

:blush:

--------------------

Offlinesludge
blunt rapter

Loc: somewhere in usa
    #3945927 - 03/20/05 07:19 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

b+ what it is and lookin nice

--------------------
Down in a hole and I don't know if I can be saved
See my heart I decorate it like a grave
You don't understand who they
Thought I was supposed to be
Look at me now a man
Who won't let himself be

Offlinetaters
french fried

Loc: the garden
Re: First Grow Day 4 after pinning [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3945931 - 03/20/05 07:20 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

Are those mazatapec by any chance? The fruits are always small and skinny like that.

Not my mazatapecs.  :grin:

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: First Grow Day 4 after pinning [Re: taters]
    #3946588 - 03/20/05 09:26 PM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Whoa where do you buy black rubbermaids with clear tops?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds