Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Cowboy
    #3937085 - 03/18/05 08:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Probably what made Carlos Castaneda?s books work was the kind of terms he made up.
After observing four supposed Buddhists incapable of agreeing on the meaning of the orphan term ?ego? I have decided to make up a term that I can defend fairly with a distinct meaning, and limited usage.

I do like simple terms

I am not Castaneda and not officially Buddhist either.

I will call this term Cowboy. If I slip I might say Rider, and if I fail I will say self but I will not mean it or will not argue it against other meanings of self, and I will ignore that "cowboy" also means a kind of farmer's assistant.

The Cowboy has many skills, memories, and a few simple needs and manages to indulge in the odd pleasure. Cowboy enjoys fast reflexes, a sense of justice, and a good rapport with his horse.

Sometimes when the Cowboy is riding on the range it seems there is no cowboy, just the range and some movement, everything is at peace.

Sometimes when the Cowboy is troubled with relationships he wishes there were no Cowboy, or that he was a different Cowboy.

Cowboy has keen vision, hearing, memory, touch, co-ordination, and a way of looking at all these things together, which he refers to as Cowboy; In a way he is a rider of all of this.

Although his reflexes are very fast, some movements seem too fast to catch. He hangs very loose in his posture to notice things as they are happening, trying not to flinch in reflex or memory, to do this he keeps some attention on the cowboy and keeps letting go of whatever arises.

If the Rider does not keep letting go and watching his fast reflexes will begin to work the lasso and catch onto things that will take him down from his seat on the horse.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Cowboy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3937177 - 03/18/05 08:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You like Cowboys? :lol:

Good read.  :thumbup:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
Re: Cowboy [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3937480 - 03/18/05 09:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Interesting words you speak....  I wish I had keen vision, but somehow I have grown to accept having a fuzzy perspective of things....   

What is "Castaneda"....?  That is a new word that I have never come across....  And as I type this, I see a link below the window that I type, with a link for just that....!  So I guess I withdraw my question of Carlos Castaneda, and I may take a little time to check it out....!  :tongue:

WE....

:sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Cowboy [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3937528 - 03/18/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

where is the wild west these days

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3937536 - 03/18/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well, It didn't have much to explain without buying the book, but I don't know how much time I would put into his efforts just because of one statement it said about the book....  "The Rule is Complete"....    To me, this just does not sound right....  It may be, but maybe it is not, and maybe he just didn't know of another possiblity to the "rule".... 

Sorry if you disagree, as I have not read anything else about him or his rule....  It just doesn't sound "right" tho~ to state something as "complete" - as I believe any growth on any level requires one to evolve....  If the "Rule" is complete, there cannot be evolvement - again, on a surface scan....  I could very much be in error to my little effort taken....    :heart:

WE....

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3937573 - 03/18/05 10:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

evolvement

* evolution?

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #3937578 - 03/18/05 10:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Well, It didn't have much to explain without buying the book, but I don't know how much time I would put into his efforts just because of one statement it said about the book....  "The Rule is Complete"....    To me, this just does not sound right....  It may be, but maybe it is not, and maybe he just didn't know of another possiblity to the "rule".... 

Sorry if you disagree, as I have not read anything else about him or his rule....  It just doesn't sound "right" tho~ to state something as "complete" - as I believe any growth on any level requires one to evolve....  If the "Rule" is complete, there cannot be any evolution - again, on a surface scan....  I could very much be in error to my little effort taken....    :heart:

WE....

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology