Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit???
    #3935794 - 03/18/05 03:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

they r both in the pre pinning stage as of now. also the humidity is averaging 70-80%. will they ever fruit in these conditions??

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3935800 - 03/18/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

My fruiting chamber is kinda hot i would say close to 82, i'm still not getting any pins on my casings I'm wondering if its the heat drying them out, opened some windows and stuff hoping to get a temp drop.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #3935801 - 03/18/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

They should be ok. The cat has fruited cubensis in the mid 80's and low 90's. They don't fruit well at that temp but they will fruit. The cat was fruiting cakes at that time; b+ I believe.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: dog]
    #3935804 - 03/18/05 03:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thanks dog i tried putting in a new light that should keep the temp lower but still might be kidna hot im gonna try yet another light soon

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

#3935808 - 03/18/05 03:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Shit so this is gunna seriously effect yields?

I could turn on my central air but it's 48F outside hahahahaa.

Damn attic

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3936044 - 03/18/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I do it all the time...anything anyones ever seen from me has been fruited in about 77-84 degrees, pretty much.

It takes some time and tweaking...I fruit directly after casing, no incubation...light off for 2 days though. Also have to stop misting and almost dry out the casing once its getting fully colonized and you want it to fruit. Just expect pins to take at least 7-10 (often 14) days to show up...

Keep your light off as much as you can once the shrooms start growing too..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3936057 - 03/18/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I think i'm goin on 8 days soon with no pins......CMON KRONNY NEEDS SOME MUSH

The pressure...i can't handle it...atleast half a dozen ppl putting pressure on me for fun guys!

Edited by kronnyQ (03/18/05 04:11 PM)

OfflineJoops
Stranger
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3936174 - 03/18/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

the cat on the island lives in weather where its 85 in the day and 75 in the night. Temps are not touched other than temp in the room. They fruit perfectly for the cat.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: Joops]
    #3936189 - 03/18/05 04:44 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I bet PES strains handle heat better anyone agree?

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
    #3936305 - 03/18/05 05:15 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey scatman, I think I read in mmgg that if you don't want to wait more than you have to for pinning, before and after 1st flush, you should give them light. It said that light is not necessary for fruiting but is very necessary for pinning and that you could get continual pinning if you provide light throughout the cycle even when fruiting. (in so many words) Have you heard of this? What do you think?

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: neoclimber]
    #3936328 - 03/18/05 05:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you just keep a day/night ritm pins will form continuous untill all nutes and water is gone.

Kronny, why do you fruit @ that high temps?

--------------------

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3939848 - 03/19/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Why do you turn off the light when they start growing?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: will my casings ever fruit at 82 degrees farenheit??? [Re: neoclimber]
    #3940092 - 03/19/05 03:17 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

neoclimber said:
Hey scatman, I think I read in mmgg that if you don't want to wait more than you have to for pinning, before and after 1st flush, you should give them light. It said that light is not necessary for fruiting but is very necessary for pinning and that you could get continual pinning if you provide light throughout the cycle even when fruiting. (in so many words) Have you heard of this? What do you think?

I think you read wrong. Cubensis should operate in flushes, continual flushes yes.

I iniate pinning right when I case but dont expose them for light for 2 days, this is to simulate incubation. Theres no mycelium on the surface before this (or even after 2 days usually, if there is, it gets patched), but its right below the surface after about 2 days. Mushrooms dont require light to grow, but they require some light exposure to pin. I've found direct compact flouro light to work the best, putting off the least heat and giving nice bright light, often with lots of blues (where the mushrooms notice it). 12 hours a day with a flouro over them starting after day 2, and every day until after the primorida form and turn into pins. I usually dont see primordia until day 7-10, sometimes up to 14...depends on the strain (I found Hawaiins and Amazons to perform well, as well as Z's and Brazils in the warm chamber for quickness of pinning, OI's and Malabars werent bad either.

Once the primordia turn into pins, I've found that the slower they grow, the bigger and fatter they get. So I keep the light off. Not only does it keep temperatures down, but I've noticed in general, mushrooms grown more in the shade in my chamber have grown bigger and the veil waits longer to open. And I noticed an improvment overall when I changed my overall light back to just enough to make them grow up. Usually only takes 2 hours every day or two.

If you do things correctly everything should pin evenly:

And come up evenly in a single flush:

Then you harvest (patch, mist, dunk, whatever you do...what I do, depends, dont ask :smile:) and refruit it, again exposing it to 12 hours light, until pins form, then reduce light again. This should form a cycle of, even, solid masses of mushrooms comming up from your casing, not a continous few mushrooms poping up every day until the casing dies. This happens sometimes, especially with some strains...there really arent flushes...but generaly there are, and having those solid flushes comming up all at once, instead of constantly poping a few up, is one reason we use casings. It enables it to concentrate the energy better and give better yeilds.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineneoclimber
InformationJunky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago/Nashville
    #3949227 - 03/21/05 04:09 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, thanks scatman. Very helpful.

--------------------
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die." - Raoul Duke

"As your attorney, I advise you to take a hit out of the little brown bottle in my shaving kit." - Dr. Gonzo

Hunter S. Thompson 1937-2005
Rest in peace brother.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation