Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: fault [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3935716 - 03/18/05 12:41 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

This is not true, even the Dalai Lama experiences pain, but its suffering that is optional. Physical pain is just sensation, emotional pain is just another mental phenomena, its when we attach to these experiences that we suffer, pain is a very good teacher, it shows us whther we are attached or not thats all.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: fault [Re: egghead1]
    #3935755 - 03/18/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

I was talking about emotional pain...

Well everyone hurts when they hit their finger with a hammer, nothing wrong in that. But you can be joyfull while your finger is hurting.

But there are even ways to avoid physical pain. A brain can block
pain comming from the spinal cord, if you train yourself to do so.

I just think that if pain was necesary in life, there would be no ways to avoid it then.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Edited by OldWoodSpecter (03/18/05 12:54 PM)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: fault [Re: egghead1]
    #3935799 - 03/18/05 01:06 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

On a cosmic scale, there are no victims. However, here in the relative world would you tell a girl who just got raped that "there are no victims", etc.? Would you let the rapist go free because "pain is necessary"?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: fault [Re: Learyfan]
    #3935949 - 03/18/05 01:45 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

This is a repeating theme here on S&P: rape...

every time someone wants to trigger emotions, they just say the word "raped girl"

It's like a cheezy horror movie, someone says raped girl, and there is lightning and thunder ourside the window and we all exchange creepy looks  :tongue2:

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: fault [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3936472 - 03/18/05 04:14 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Yeah man, whenever someone wants to make that point, they always suggest rape. And what i always say in return is that physical pain is unavoidable, regardless of circumstance, as is emotional pain, but actual suffering stems from our attachment to our mental condition as well as our physical existence.

If we have no attachment to this walking corpse, it goes without saying that we will have less attachment to our emotional states because of the mind-body connection. If a person was to commit rape, i would most certainly lock him/her away in a prison to protect that person from causing future harm to him/her self and others.

There is never an effect without a cause, if someone has been raped, it is not only due to the person committing the act but the fact that the person recieving this negativity must have created the causes, perhaps even in previous lives, for that circumstance to come to fruition.

This is not to say that we cant or shouldn't have compassion for such people, but we must have compassion equally for the person committing this action, because he/she will also experience the results of there actions in the future. :heart:

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
ALL Fault Reside Within the INTENTIONS of One's Chosen Actions.... [Re: DoctorJ]
    #3938141 - 03/18/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

DoctorJ said:
who is at fault? 

If I do something that hurts you, is it your fault for being hurt, or my fault for doing it? 
It depends on your intention in chosen actions....    Were they positive or negative....?
what if I do something to hurt you and then go laugh about it with all of your friends behind your back?  Am I at fault, or are you? 
If you did any of the actions out of negative self satisfaction, or humiliation, it would make your actions at fault....
Would you want to hurt someone and laugh at them....? 
Would you seek forgiveness for such cruel intentions in those chosen actions....?

I'm getting really tired of people trying to justify their shitty behavior towards me by simply saying: "Oh, you're just too sensitive.  Its your fault.  Never mind the fact that I was intentionally trying to hurt you.  I am blameless.  You are at fault."
Please repeat the question....!  :lol:  Was that a question or a statement...?    :shrug:  :confused:
that new age hippy bullshit ain't gonna fly, sweetheart.
MUCH Peace and Love to YOU.....!  :peace:  :love: :heart:
- To be noted, it would appear that we all may already be "flying",
as it may be the very nature of the expanding universe as theorized by man....  :wink:

WE....

:sun:

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: ALL Fault Reside Within the INTENTIONS of One's Chosen Actions.... [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3938169 - 03/18/05 11:06 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Ultimately it's your fault for allowing yourself to be hurt by the action.

The offender isn't at fault, even if the intention was the fault...

The victim is at fault for the allowance given which makes them susceptible to such a fault.

Example:
A man and a women are together. One of them makes a physical offense on the other party. Yet the one that recieves the abuse doesn't choose to end the relationship and allows the abuse to persist... I ask you who is more at fault, the one making the abuse, or the one taking it?

Both are at fault but the party in question that can stop the abuse yet allows themselves to be abused negates theirselves thereby giving the allowence to the offender. IMO it is the victim that is the one that is at a greater fault.

(hackneyed example all that came to mind at the time)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder