Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Dessicant

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Really Poor Dude's Dehydrator w/ Pics...
    #3933811 - 03/18/05 04:30 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Ok, so just in case no one could tell, I'm extremely low on funds at the moment, and came across a delima today.  Lately I've been drying my shroomies on a paper towel laid on the back of my computer monitor with a little 3 1/2" fan blowing over them.  This has worked fine (and very quickly, for those of you just needing to dry a small amount), however I harvested a little over 8 ounces wet this morning (off 3 gladware casings, 2nd flush, first attempt at casing :grin: ) and had nothing sufficient to dry a quantity that large....  So I smoked a bowl...  And the Really Poor Dude's Dehydrator was born lol... 

Supplies Needed:
1.  Large thick cardboard box.
2.  Fan, preferably one with more than one speed.
3.  Box cutter, or a sharp knife.
4.  Small screwdriver, or an awl.
5.  Boxing tape, or duct tape if thats all you've got.

Step 1:
Take your box and open up the top so that all the flaps are like so-

Step 2:
Use your box cutter or knife to cut one (1) of the flaps off.  Also, cut out the two (2) flaps inside the bottom of the box (not the entire bottom!), you only want one (1) layer of cardboard when the box is upside down.  You'll want to fold the flap that you're going to cut back over in the closed position, that way you don't cut off some of the side with it-

Step 3:
Fold the remaining three (3) flaps inside the box.  On my box, the flaps held themselves tightly inside, but you may need to tape them down if they won't stay flat against the sides-

Step 4:
Turn the box upside down and tape off all the corners that are not formed, so that you have as close to an air tight seal as possible.  There will most likely be two (2) seams to tape across the bottom plane of the box, one (1) seam across the center of the bottom (if it wasn't already taped like my box was), and one (1) seam to seal on a side plane of the box-

Step 5:
Using your small screwdriver or awl, poke a shit load of holes on the bottom of the box.  Try to keep the holes as uniform as possible as far as size of the hole, as well as pattern.  Corrugated cardboard has lines on it and you can use those to help keep it uniform.  Also, this is why I recommend the boxing tape, as it will be alot easier to punch holes through than duct tape.  Click on the thumbnail to get a good blown up picture of the holes-

Step 6:
Using your box cutter or knife, carefully cut out a hole (in the side of the box that you cut the flap off of in step 2) for your fan.    This may take a little patience, but don't worry it doesn't have to be perfect.  The easiest way is to start with a hole much smaller than you will need, keep matching up your fan, and continue to cut peices out until your got it where you want it-

Step 7:
Fit your fan in nice and snug, and remember to have a good route set out for the power cord if you need to-

Step 8:
Use your tape to seal off the fan as much as possible.  Make sure to seal all the way around it, as well as any holes you may have cut for the power cord-

Thats it!  Now all you need to do is throw your shroomies on the box and turn the fan on.  The reason that I recommend a fan with more than one speed, is that when you're making your holes, you should make them anticipating using the highest setting.  That way if you put too many holes you can turn the speed down, or if you didn't put enough, you can just poke some more.  Another option is to put a small lamp or something in the box to create some heat, and it'll dry even quicker.

I put 8 ounces wet shroomies on this and they were dry enough for me to powder and capsule them 12 hours later!  Let me know what you guys think, or if you have any questions or comments. :stoned:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Really Poor Dude's Dehydrator w/ Pics... [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3933850 - 03/18/05 04:45 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

And how many bowls did you smoke?:smirk:

I've seen something kinda of similar using a rubbermaid...

Ya know, ya could have gotten just one tub of desiccant and used that....Well, desiccant + A box (plastic gladware containers would work)....And something to keep you mushies from touching the bottom of the chamber(where the desiccant is)...:smirk:

I guess im trying to say that finding a box would be hard...:lol:
:shrug:

But hey, kool shit :thumbup:, if i ever see a box, i'll think you and 8oz's..
-Gnostic

InvisibleNeedMoreSleep
OCD = 100%Sterility :-)

Loc: One Inch ↑
Re: Really Poor Dude's Dehydrator w/ Pics... [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3933863 - 03/18/05 04:49 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Yea I know I coulda done desiccant, however I don't think anyone really understands my monetary situation..... My checking acc't is overdrawn by about 400 bux :frown:

--------------------

"Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil,
which we must fear most. And that is... the indifference of good men."
-Boondock Saints

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3933867 - 03/18/05 04:50 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

yay for the stoner olympics...some of the coolist shit is made after a nice green crystaly bowl of the kind...will keep this little design in mind...could probably use desiccant + this box to speed up drying

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Really Poor Dude's Dehydrator w/ Pics... [Re: NeedMoreSleep]
    #3933871 - 03/18/05 04:52 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

Damn that Suxxx

Good point....
I really wasn't ragging on your box...(lol)...Nah but really it's a pretty good idea....cept that the cardboard will probably end up harboring bacteria and that could get on ur mushies :frown:

But other than that :thumbup:

-Gnostic

And whoever said that stoners/druggies were Dumb :shrug:...
And whoever said that lazy people never achieved anything? Magash built the PmP out of laziness, Now Everyone can build one and Kick back and take it easy
:cheers:

-Gnostic

Offlinespud303
Pizza Punk.
Loc: 303
    #3934479 - 03/18/05 09:23 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

i aways assumed the "really poor dudes dehydrator" was sitting on the top of my fridge....

--------------------
this is my signature.

Offlinecyberthreat
Stranger

Re: Really Poor Dude's Dehydrator w/ Pics... [Re: spud303]
    #3934635 - 03/18/05 10:20 AM (12 years, 9 days ago)

good job with that dryer

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dehydrator, Dessicant

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation