Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3936246 - 03/18/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Yeah, I was gonna jump in here yesterday, but I had to go, as do I now.
I haven't read page 3, so forgive me if someone suggested that in this situation, you could use an h2o2 soaked q-tip and rub the colored area.
If the q-tip remains white, yer good, if it has the color, it's contam.
GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3936266 - 03/18/05 03:04 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

nice little trick Louise..will try it out.

KQ...I only use distilled for dunking. Would tap water be more beneficial to give the cakes some more nutes, then spray with distilled + H202? No sterile gloves here but I liberally use hand sanitizer before opening up chamber....

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: Enivid]
    #3936274 - 03/18/05 03:07 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Some say tap water is ok, really it depends on your water.
I always use h2o2 solution, just to be safe. H2o2 will fight cobweb.
GL

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: Enivid]
    #3936278 - 03/18/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Naw I don't think tap water would benefit you any more, dunking in anything with nutes usually just leads to cunt hams.

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3936335 - 03/18/05 03:22 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

right on, i'll just stick with the distilled...looks like this thread has answered my Q and reassured me to let them to continue to grow...which is nice cuz they are startin' to get nice and fat. Going to xperiment with making my own WBS substrate with nothin' but WBS. I have a feeling I'll be posting for advice very soon....until then....muchas gracias!!

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: SunshinePounder]
    #3936383 - 03/18/05 03:40 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Always advicing people to use boiled and cooled down water. But I dunked my cakes in plain tapwater.
When birthing the cakes and no pools of water occur on teh cakes when you spray, cobweb will not likely strike. Cobweb likes bad air exchanging also.

IMHO cakes are tough creatures very resistant to contams once fully colonized. I dont take any precautions, the air of terrarium is not filtered, the lid has been openend a couple of 100 times. In that PMP not a single contam has occured so far. No cakes nor on a casing.

Better safe then sorry I guess but for me no H2O2 in the water.

MF

--------------------

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3936388 - 03/18/05 03:42 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

I live in the city so tap water is basically urine.

:puke:

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3936418 - 03/18/05 03:52 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

From looks it looks like bruising from being dry.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3936456 - 03/18/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Bweeeh

disgusting city! Can you drink it? Or do you buy your water?

--------------------

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3936487 - 03/18/05 04:20 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

good info MF...magash....can shrooms be waterlogged and suffer from low RH and have you supplemented your PMP with any kind of RH booster, ie coolmist/ultrasonic etc...?? 
                                            Bottled water=:thumbup:
  oh yeah, someone mentioned earlier in this thread about omitting the cold shock process after the initial flush...i ended up cold shocking a second time with these cakes and it hasn't seem to affect growth...

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3936500 - 03/18/05 04:23 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Cold shocking is hardly needed imho. If incubating @ 86F and fruiting @ 74F that is coldshock enough.

Cakes are about the same water content when fruited, and will provide the mushrooms with water. But if the air is too dry this affects the mushrooms from the outside. Wait till they mature, if your terarrium really is that dry the mushrooms will show split caps when the veil breaks.

edit: i have a pmp if teh setup is correct you dont need an ultrasonic or other "RH device", at all.

--------------------

Edited by MushroomFriend (03/18/05 04:25 PM)

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

#3936706 - 03/18/05 05:11 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

yeah thats what i thought too, the pmp automated the RH. My hygrometer only reads 80, though i doubt that is highly accurate...i supplement with misting after i fan it out and thats about it. I'm incubating around the low 80's, 80-83 i'd say...and my room temp is prob bout 73-76. It would seem that a gradual decrease in temp is more natural for the shrooms and thus maybe better than the fridge method...anyone know for sure?

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3936825 - 03/18/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

True, and cold shocking is a myth for cubies. If anything it sets them back. Cold shocking is for cold weather edibles, not hot weather tropicals.

Your mushies are fine. It's bruising as you've been told. PE's do that. If it were too dry in your chamber, the caps would be cracked. Misting directly on fruits will bruise them. With the bruising all on one side like that, I'd say your mister is probably to blame, but who knows?

Tap water is fine for dunking. If anything, the chlorine will help prevent bacterial growth during the dunk. That is why we dunk in the refrigerator. It is to keep the temp lower to prevent bacterial growth, not to cold shock. After the dunk, I recommend you wash the entire cake or casing under a faucet of running water. Wash it really well, to get any slime that built up during the dunk off. This will also wash off any trich spores that landed on the casing during the last crop cycle. Re-case and place back in fruiting conditions. PE is my favorite strain.
RR

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #3936948 - 03/18/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Much thanks for the info RR....you are the first one, I believe in this thread anyway, to mention that the bruising could be related to misting. I hand mist them and I'm sure plenty of tiny droplets of water has landed on their flesh. That would explain the bluing mainly on one side as well as the "spreading" look that it has and why it is showing up on the tiny EQ's.

It seems the the dunk in the fridge is kinda give and take...preventing bacterial growth on one hand and setting back the cubie on the other. I'll try a couple without placing into the fridge and not the differences...if any.

Gotta give Terence props for making this strain!!

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #3937196 - 03/18/05 06:43 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

Not recommended.  Some growers dunk in the refrigerator to prevent contamination.  However, if the water is simply 'cool' little problem will come from room temp soaking.  If it's extremely hot, change the water out for fresh every few hours.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #3937417 - 03/18/05 07:38 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

[/url]

I am too impatient to read all the post. Did you happen to spray them with alcohol? Doesnt look like a contam, just bruising due to ????? Give them 2 days and see if they clear up. Most bruising does to alcohol or other chems will heal.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: tahoe]
    #3937588 - 03/18/05 08:19 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

I have not sprayed with alcohol...haven't heard of such a thing yet. I mist them with a spray bottle with H2O & H2O2...i'm thinking that the mist caused the bruising (?) I kinda figured that the bruising is a permanent color change...wait 2 days and if they don't clear up..then what? are you saying I should spray the shroomes with rubbing alcohol?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3937637 - 03/18/05 08:31 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

no, dont spray with alcohol. I meant most bruising due to alcohol and chems will clear up

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

OfflineEnivid
Straight Rollin'

Re: Second flush of PE...is this contam?? help/info needed **pics** [Re: tahoe]
    #3937666 - 03/18/05 08:42 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

ok, was gonna say....never heard of that! But the shrooms should be good, regardless of the bruising, right? Isn't the bruising just kinda a cosmetic effect?

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3937682 - 03/18/05 08:46 PM (19 years, 14 days ago)

yeah they look healthy. just give them a few days

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags