Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Speaking up and getting help
    #3933341 - 03/18/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've got a few problems that have been with me for years and lately the pressure it has put on my life has become unbearable. Some of my friends have noticed changes in my attitude and just the way I am. The first people I feel I need to turn to for help are my parents. I've never had a close relationship with them. We share very few opinions, don't really talk too much besides "how are you?" "good" "that's good", and I have never turned to them for advice on personal matters. But I have to now.

I have issues that I must face and put behind me and I cannot do it alone. I know they will support me and help me out as much as possible, but for some reason I can't bring myself to just put my ills out in the open. This isn't right, a son should be able to talk to their parents about anything that might be bothering them. I need professional help, and I need them to know this. They know there is something wrong with me, and have known for almost as long as the problem as been a problem. But I don't think they realize how big it has gotten and how badly it has been eating away at me and my life.

I feel embarrassed, vulnerable, just not right. I know I shouldn't, and I know this should be an easy thing to do, to just talk to somebody close to me about it, but it's not.

Sorry if this was a boring post, but it's late, I cannot sleep, I feel very down lately, and I just wanted to spew some shit out.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: Speaking up and getting help [Re: DNKYD]
    #3933349 - 03/18/05 01:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Spew away bro I am here to listen aswell as the other here in teh Pub !!!

I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here

fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Speaking up and getting help [Re: JettaJay]
    #3933390 - 03/18/05 01:43 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

me too ... I know what you are talking about me and my parents are the same way.... but im sure if you really need them to help they will you are their so and they love you and Im sure want nothing but the best from you... all those feelings you are having are all of the ego man just let them go break the ego and let gooo I promise you will feel much better... me an my parents relationship sucks too but just last night we had a sit down talk and I cried an cried to them and they were more then willing to her me out and they even want to help me because they love me... I am almost 100% sure your family would do the same.. best of luck my friend if you need someone to talk to Im here!

:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3933569 - 03/18/05 02:40 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

no need to apologize, we aren't here to judge. Many of us have been through some shit before, and many of us are stil lgoing through it. You say you may need professional help, and I don't know any specifics, but you need to help yourself first. help yourself by talking to your parents, even if its just a little bit at a time.

unconditionally love everyone, including yourself. Accept yourself for who you are and know that this personality you have now will change later on, as it has always been changing. don't identify the problem as a part of yourself, because that is not your essence. your awareness is who you are, that which never changes.

No one ever said talking to others is supposed to be easy, but with more practice, the better you'll become.

Its not embarassing at all, your judging too much. I was beat severly as a kid by my step mother for years and my dad never knew. I just kept it inside until I just sat down and told him. I saw a lot of "professional help" before hand since he thought I was doing that stuff to myself. I was twisting my own head up, and all in the while, I sat back and said nothing. non of that professional help is going to do any good until you try on your own first. and by try I mean do, not think about it. do it

self empowerment! can you accept and not judge yourself just based on the fact that you are alive? that is what unconditional love is.

ask yourself...do you serve your emotions or do your emotions serve you?

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

User Gallery

#3933627 - 03/18/05 03:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I went through the same thing a few years ago. I was using copiuos amounts of drugs to hide underlying mental problems until it finally came to a head. I was severely depressed and not taking care of my mind or body. It caught up with me, as I had a psychotic episode. I was sedated for days after I finally snapped. I don't have episodes now because of sobriety and meditation/medication.

My parents and I always had this weird relationship. I could never tell them anything. I was so ashamed of my activities as a teenager that I couldn't communicate with them. I always tried to be the perfect son in their house, and wild outside. I couldn't keep the balance. I never wanted to let them down, all the while wanting to get high.

Take a deep breath of courage and talk to them. Its better than having them come to some major hospital miles away waiting for you to come out of sedation for days while they miss work and shit like that.

Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub