Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTiCal
Stranger

Recurring problem
    #3932509 - 03/17/05 10:24 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

That past couple of times I've tripped have been quite uncomfortable. At a point in the trip I hear someone yelling foul language at me and just sounds enraged, it gets pretty scary. The problem is I can't find out who it is. It almost sounds like my voice! After the yelling I spend most of the trip trying to figure out who could hate me so much to say that stuff.

I was wondering if anybody else has ever had this happen. It's like there's an invisible person in my face, yelling.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Recurring problem [Re: TiCal]
    #3932527 - 03/17/05 10:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, and welcome to the shroomery :smile:.

May I ask, what do you normally "do" during a trip. I would suggest listening to good tunes via headphones. Just remember that it's all in your head, you have nothing to fear  :cool:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineTiCal
Stranger

Re: Recurring problem [Re: gdman]
    #3932566 - 03/17/05 10:36 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, thanks!

The last time I put on Shpongle and just relaxed on my bed.  Towards the peak I went for a walk around my neighborhood (It was around 1:30am).  When I was walking around I noticed how dead this area is, was kinda depressing.  Came home and watched Waking Life, when the movie was over I just sat on my bed and then the voices started up.

The time before this me and my friend ate more than we usually do and he kinda flipped out.. He went through this whole "wtf am I doing" thing and was yelling, throwing things etc.  Now that I really think about it could have been him.  When we trip together we can communicate without talking so his little episode might have set something off in my head too.  :frown:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3932603 - 03/17/05 10:45 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Shpongle is excellent :thumbup:, if you like the Beatles and rock form the 90s/80s check  this thread out. That mix blows my mind man. Remember that when you trip, the best thing is to go with the flow, fighting feelings will add unnecessary strain, let them flow.

Get some cool trip toys too: laser light show makers, etc.  :grin:.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinepsillyrabit
President

Re: Recurring problem [Re: gdman]
    #3932662 - 03/17/05 10:55 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Theyre tryin to tell ya somethin

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#3934391 - 03/18/05 08:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TiCal said:
Hey, thanks!

The last time I put on Shpongle and just relaxed on my bed.  Towards the peak I went for a walk around my neighborhood (It was around 1:30am).  When I was walking around I noticed how dead this area is, was kinda depressing.  Came home and watched Waking Life, when the movie was over I just sat on my bed and then the voices started up.

The time before this me and my friend ate more than we usually do and he kinda flipped out.. He went through this whole "wtf am I doing" thing and was yelling, throwing things etc.  Now that I really think about it could have been him.  When we trip together we can communicate without talking so his little episode might have set something off in my head too.  :frown:

It's just your memory, man!

Your subconscience can create familiar situations, so whenever you trip, you might be remembered of your friends' bad-trip.

The key here is preparation, patience and self-control:
- preparation: plan your trip: get some instruments, do something creative, set and setting.
- patience: don't trip too fast after a badtrip, eventhough it isn't you who had the bad-trip. Count on Father Time, who will heal your wounds. :smile:
- self-control: if such a thing occurs in your trip; it's important to realize that those voices aren't there, and that it's just your memory that's reminding you of a previous episode in life. If you don't fear things, and know that it's all just in your head, the voices will probably fade away very soon.

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Recurring problem [Re: boeha]
    #3935293 - 03/18/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

yeah man, that shit happens. It's just a recollection and re-experiancing of negative emotions from your subconscious. Even though you may be in a good mood on the outside, those emotions are still inside you and affect what you do and think.

The best way to deal with them isn't actually to just try and stay positive and ignore them. Instead confront the emotions, explore them. Approach them knowing that they can't hurt you physically and try to learn why they are bugging you so much and how you can deal with those negative emotions in your life, even when sober.

They can only hurt you as much as you let them. So don't be afraid. Self exploration and cathartic self-therapy is what tripping is all about (besides going with the flow... lol!)

peace and love,

dr0mni

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience