Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLthirdSeyeD
Stranger
Male

Opening Chakras
    #3932138 - 03/17/05 09:18 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How would you guys recommend opening your chakras?

I seem to have a problem with visualizng things. There has been times where iv'e been to a group hypnosis thing where they tell you toclose your eyes and picture yourself sitting on a beach and blah blah. Most of the people around me see this beach and feel like there, it doesnt seem to work for me.

Or when I try and meditate your suppose to visualize things and I can't seem to see anything in my minds eye. What are some ways to increase this?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Opening Chakras [Re: LthirdSeyeD]
    #3932904 - 03/17/05 11:26 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Get scared near to death and you'll shit your pants. Survival of the species. Your Muladhara/Root Chakra just opened. Be motivated to work for a living to survive. 1st Chakra.

Get aroused sexually. 2nd Chakra, Svadhisthana. Desire to reproduce, Preservation of the Species. Same motivation.

Ever feel superior - ego-inflated? Ever want to compete, or be wealthier or more powerful than others? 3rd Chakra, Manipura - same Indo-Aryan root word behind Manipulation - Navel Center.

So far that describes the "Centauric Human" (Ken Wilber), the natural motives of the mammal - like any other. Want to become fully Human? One must be able to transcend these tendencies to rise to the 4th Chakra, Anahata, under which is a deeper reality symbolized by the Hridayam - the Heart Cave - the Sacred Heart. That means that you stop to help change a flat tire for a very hot chick without seeing her as a sexual object (2nd Chakra), or try to exact money from her for helping (3rd Chakra), but simply help her for the sake of Compassion - she is another person who obviously needs assistance. You do not expect anything in return and your reward is being able to be there for her as well as Realizing that THIS is a Heaven-sent opportunity to transcend your 'Centauric' nature.

One has to live from the Heart Cave for a while before even talking about the higher Centers of Human Motivation.

The Tibetan Buddhist psychology of the Centers has multiple layers of meaning - before, during and after a Unification (OM) experience. The Centers are transformed into vehicles of Wisdom-Energies after such an experience - different from the simple ascending experience described by Kundalini Yoga in the Hindu Tantras.

Maybe read Ken Keyes 'Handbook to Higher Consciousness' to start - 'Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism' by Lama Govinda to finish.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinesignoffate
Only Human
Loc: Where is here?
Re: Opening Chakras [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3933534 - 03/18/05 02:22 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Awsome descriptions there, that should help to visualize them.

Take the step beyond the visual... actualize these regions of your being.

First: Get naked.

Second: Place your hands against your body, let them move freely over until they end up at your sexual organ.

Third: With your palm, fingers and thumb, gently press and massage your lower torso, waist, legs, and feet where ever you feel tension, moving your hand from point to point, naturaly. In some places where you feel a strong Charge, press with your knuckle firmly and rotate clockwise.

Fourth: Work the pattern around your body. Absorb the moment your in, and remember each breath. Trace your mind back over your body to your toes. Draw the feeling and vision into the center of your body. Sit Down comfortably.

Mind your Body, the floor, the air, the space around you... and draw them all in.

Give them up.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology