Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
A Day of Psychic Phenomena
    #3929294 - 03/17/05 06:56 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not sure what to think. Three things happened yesterday that I do not understand. The first occurred around 11 a.m., I was sitting in a friend's apartment. When I arrived he was playing some music, he had a Rolling Stones background on his desktop. Just randomly, I asked if he had heard the song Connection. No more than 20 seconds later, that song comes on. My friend had never heard it before, turns out he had just downloaded the album right before I came to visit.

Now fast forward to 7:30. Me and my girl sit down to watch Jeopardy. I knew it was the tournament of champions. I say, "where is Eddie Timanus?" And sure enough, the camera pans to Eddie no more than three seconds later. At that point, things were getting strange. I maintained that I was not a psychic.

Now the strangest one in my opinion. We got to talking randomly, and I brought up this guy from work named Rick, a guy I worked with a year ago and hadn't seen since. I only knew him from work, had a couple funny random stories to tell. We sit down to watch the IU play in the NIT, live from Assembly Hall in Bloomington. And there at the start of the telecast, in close up right in the middle of the cheering section is Rick. I hadn't mentioned that guy to anybody ever.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: A Day of Psychic Phenomena [Re: sox24]
    #3929423 - 03/17/05 07:39 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

When I was applying for psychology "college" (it's not what it's called around here, but let's call it like that) a few years ago
I went to the test, IQ test and all the other tests, and was waiting for the results.
That night my mother dreamed that I would be 49 on the list, and then she went to work and toled that to a friend on the work.
Later on there was confusion with her friend about whether she said to her 49 or 51 when she was telling her that dream.

And the results came, and I was 49, a few days later some folks moved in the list because being physically disabled, and my number changed to 51

There were 300 of us, so one number dreamed is a big coincedence, but two numbers, that's even bigger coincedence.

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #3929490 - 03/17/05 07:57 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

That's cool. Scientists always make the case that randomness is common, that things like that happen all the time. They are missing the point. The reason things like that happen is for us to realize how lucky we are to be alive.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3929939 - 03/17/05 10:23 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Several years ago I had just started a new job and one person at work had made it his job to make mine a living hell. Seems he felt threatened by me for some reason. Anyway, I was thinking hard about how to handle the situation. I was home alone at the time lying on the floor in front of the tv. Finally I just mentally steeled myself, determined to not be forced out, and the thought crystalized in my mind "I'm not going anywhere!". The very instant I thought that I flipped the channel to CNN to hear the besieged Israeli Prime Minister giving a speech and the first words he uttered was.."I'm not going anywhere!".

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: A Day of Psychic Phenomena [Re: Jellric]
    #3930121 - 03/17/05 11:15 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey Jellric, i really like your quote..where do you thing we go once we reach the Center of the Cosmos?

and to stay on topic, the word is coincidence. Maybe even super multi coincidence for you sox24. I don't think its anything bad, i thing its rather good actually. keep doin whatever you think you're doing right...or something. (hey i miss Deff, where'd he go?)

--------------------

OfflineCeeThruMeer
Aztek GoatBecoming Eagle

Loc: BC, Canada
Re: A Day of Psychic Phenomena [Re: exclusive58]
    #3931902 - 03/17/05 06:28 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I have a friend who is psychic (to some degree)... he is constantly predicting things (more than one a day usually).... but it is at random... meaning... he doesn't control what he predicts... he can't do it on demand... but it happens A LOT.

I think of it as having a greater (although subconscious) ability to tap into the collective consciousness that is out there... more sensitive antennae so to speak.

examples of what he predicts vary widely... a couple are... "Hey man... pass me the phone.".... I pass it to him.... and 2 seconds later it rings... and it is for him...

He also senses peoples "feelings" and "vibes" quite accurately.... I had liked this girl for a very long time... and due to some stupid personal apprehensions... I never really talked to her about it... so he just keeps telling me... "talk to her man... it will turn out good."... so the next day I am walking to her house with her (we were already really good friends)... and she just randomly starts making out with me on the sidewalk... subsequently... we are together.

random shit keeps happening... and people think we are "crazy" for believing that he actually has an ability most don't... I think it is perfectly sane.

--------------------
"my old friend told me
to do well always
set your sails, open
ride your waves, flowing
just relax, sober
leave you past, it's over
bind two hands, stronger
my soul waits, forward" - Arjun and Guardians

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: A Day of Psychic Phenomena [Re: exclusive58]
    #3933287 - 03/17/05 11:16 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

hey Jellric, i really like your quote..where do you thing we go once we reach the Center of the Cosmos?

Thanks, I don't have an attribution for that quote unfortunately, but it fits in pretty much with my own thoughts so I tacked it on.

Well I didn't want to derail the thread, but since it seems to be dying of natural causes..My belief is that the center of the Cosmos (defined as all that is) is no further away than within our own consciousness. Find the center of yourself and you find a portal to anywhere, anytime. Personally, I have only had glimpses of it, but it seem so familiar.

Strange that it seems familiar. :wink:

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom