Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Drafted!!!!!!!!!!!
    #392712 - 09/12/01 07:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

What would you do if you were drafted? I for one would head for the hills of Canada!

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #392714 - 09/12/01 07:18 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i'm not surprised....most of you on this board are cowards and would just get in the way. I would hope you would stay there as well

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinedrunkgoat
addict

#392716 - 09/12/01 07:19 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

if i were drafted i would jump at the chance to get to shoot at an ugly arab. i'd kill me some woman and children, but i wouldnt count them as kills, that wouldnt be fair. Woman would be 1/2 of a kill and children would be 1/3 of a kill.

There are three types of people in this world. Those who can count and those who can not.

--------------------
Give a man a match and he will be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

InvisibleAlone In The Fire
Pooh-Bah

Loc: vanderbilt university/nas...
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: drunkgoat]
    #392744 - 09/12/01 07:46 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, most everybody(and basically every moderator but doobie) on this board is a bunch of selfish and pathetic bitches..........they just roll over whenever confronted with trouble and spout their pipe dreams about world peace and how more killing is not the answer.........yet they accept the gifts our country provides them without thinking twice, but run for the hills when their country asks for anythig from them

--------------------
3DShroom is a bitch

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #392779 - 09/12/01 08:12 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

You are such an idiot.

Okay, if I was drafted, it really depends on what I was drafted for. I'd probably go to war. Unless, of course, I was drafted to carry out war upon my own city or something ridiculous.

Calling someone a coward for not wanting to be forced to 1) Risk their own life and 2) possibly kill other human beings is just stupid.

I for one would rather fight the authorities to the death than allow myself to be drafted, forced to leave my country, or face imprisonment. Am I, therefor a coward? Or does that make me a terrorist? Or an outlaw?

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Alone In The Fire]
    #392783 - 09/12/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

How do you know this about people on this board?

InvisibleDazedSol
old hand

#392805 - 09/12/01 08:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

in reply to:".........yet they accept the gifts our country provides them without thinking twice, but run for the hills when their country asks for anythig from them"

What gifts has the US given its citizens?? ..dont think I was there on that day or something....Did I as a citizen have ANY say in ANY of the conflicts our government involves us in? NO Hell,we(citizens) didnt even really elect our president.....more or less he was chosen for us.......

in reply to: "they just roll over whenever confronted with trouble and spout their pipe dreams about world peace and how more killing is not the answer"

Well killing is not always the answer......But violence breeds violence.....world peace may be just a pipe dream but what can ya do? Unfortunately there will always be people with hate for others

So I for one dont know for sure if i would go if drafted......if it looked like a hopeless slaughter then FUCK NO i wouldnt go......Only time will tell i suppose......As for right now I feel very sorry for what has happened thus far....but still Im torn between deciding if this is my fight or not.....if war started all this i doubt it will end it.............ah well just my two or three maybe even four cents worth for today.........

Adam,
-=Dazed Sol Productions=-

--------------------
Peace,
Adam

OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

#392830 - 09/12/01 09:01 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know how I'd feel if I were drafted. Probably pretty shitty.

I do, however, think it's fucked that only 18 year old males have to sign up. I don't consider myself mysogynistic, but why don't chicks have to sign up? Fuck chivalry, they can take a bullet just as effectively as any man.
Serious question, though, as there would be many types of roles to fill in a true draft situation.
Just bring up that issue if you ever want to get booted out of office!

OfflinesiZZsyrup
Stranger
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kid]
    #392854 - 09/12/01 09:26 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

First off there will be no draft. We have more than enough military troops to take out third world country. Second if there was (lets say) another world war it would be fought behind computers, subs, and nukes. There's one fight they would use a draft for. China. 1/3 of the worlds population alone, they have millions of troops compared to our few hundred thousand. It's an honor for them to die, they will not quit. We're fucked!! That why they say "this will not be another vietnam"

"I search the face of life only to find death"- I AM

--------------------
"Fuck the World"

OfflineMrKurtz
enthusiast
    #392875 - 09/12/01 09:44 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i, for one, am going to college and signing up for the ROTC navy nursing corps. of course, i need to finish, and havent even started college yet. but yeah, i guess since i wouldn't be a grunt, i would willingly go to war. but, innvertigo, calling someone a coward for not potentially dying for something they dont believe in, while at the same time killing people they have nothing against, i just dont see any logic behind that, wouldnt they be cowards if they went to the war and fought cause someone told them to? (ever read "the things they carried"? heh, that explains what im talking about much better)

OfflineI_AM_THE_WALRUS
addict
    #392883 - 09/12/01 09:48 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i for one MIGHT go to war....but you have to understand, people have "roots" where they live...they have children and family that they must tend to

TRIPLE DIPPED!?!?!?!

life.....its sexually transmitted and always fatal.

--------------------
TRIPLE DIPPED!?!?!?!

hey, kid.... you wanna buy some lsd?? -me

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Kid]
    #393101 - 09/13/01 05:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah but your a fucking dork. You'd probably get your ass kicked the first 30 sec. i'm sure if your family was attacked, you'd change your tune.....unless ofcourse you are a coward

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: DazedSol]
    #393107 - 09/13/01 06:08 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

****What gifts has the US given its citizens?? ****

I think he means the gift of freedom, Which a lot of countries don't offer.

****Did I as a citizen have ANY say in ANY of the conflicts our government involves us in? NO Hell,we(citizens) didnt even really elect our president****

That's why it's called a representative republic.

****Well killing is not always the answer......But violence breeds violence****

Violence also breeds results

***but still Im torn between deciding if this is my fight or not.....if war started all this i doubt it will end it****

That's a very moderate thing to say. If you are an american it is your fight

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: MrKurtz]
    #393110 - 09/13/01 06:14 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

****innvertigo, calling someone a coward for not potentially dying for something they dont believe in****

I have no problem if people want to leave our country instead of fighting, however, i don't want them coming back into the united states when the war ends like the cowards that dodged the draft in the Vietnam war.

Those that stayed in Canada when they dodged the draft have my respect. Those that came back are cowards

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #393112 - 09/13/01 06:17 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I know that I sure as hell wouldn't put my life on the line fighting a war that I don't support for a system that is partly to blame. If this makes me a coward in some of your eyes, then that's the way it is. The way I see it, not following your beliefs and standing true to yourself is cowardly.

Take care

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Phyl]
    #393121 - 09/13/01 06:31 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

so you're saying that we deserved to be attcked by terrorists then eh?...since it's our fault and all....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Innvertigo]
    #393131 - 09/13/01 06:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Not at all. Nobody deserves to be attacked by terrorists. I'm saying that the reasons for the attack aren't black and white, and I don't think America is 100% blameless.

InvisibleHarry_Ballsonia
journeyman
Loc: Florida
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Phyl]
    #393190 - 09/13/01 08:34 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I can't believe you can put blame on the US and the people that were killed. That's sick. Some issues are black and white. Nothing can justify the killing of them people and you should be ashamed of yourself for saying that we are partly to blame.

There are 2 things in life i enjoy....sex and ah?....well one thing i guess.............................

Edited by Harry_Ballsonia on 09/13/01 09:42 AM.

--------------------
There are 2 things in life i enjoy....sex and ah?....well one thing i guess.............................

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Harry_Ballsonia]
    #393194 - 09/13/01 08:41 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

If we have a ground war and need more ground troops than we'de have volunteers I would support a conscription to service.

Folks, this may be a long hard fight to capture and occupy Afghanistan and we may take considerable casulties. But if it's necessary to make our mainland safe then I support it.

Take care, RG

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Re: Drafted!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Harry_Ballsonia]
    #393197 - 09/13/01 08:46 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Harry,

I'm not condoning the attacks in any way. I'm simply pointing out that whoever carried out the attacks had a reason to do so, no matter how twisted and mislead.

America is not an angel. Your foreign policies contribute to a lot of suffering for a lot of people and (Assuming it was middle eastern terrorists) they want revenge for this, just as you want revenge for the WTC attack.

To you it may be black and white - the terrorists are the enemy, but to the terrorists it's also black and white - You are the enemy. Look at the bigger picture, and you'll see it's a very complex situation.

Take care

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom