Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Good People
Loc: the deep south
    #3930080 - 03/17/05 01:06 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I have 12 PF cakes almost fully colonized. This is my first try at this. I am planning on doing two casing and fruiting the rest of the cakes. With the cakes i am using a perlite fruiting chamber with a bubbler. My question is what type of fruiting chamber should i use with the casings. Any help would be great, thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casings? [Re: simp_pimp]
    #3930107 - 03/17/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Fruiting chamber should be clear, or have a clear lid, so they can get light. Humidity isn't a big deal with casings, you can get away with simply putting them inside a larger Rubbermaid, and misting the casing surface. Evaporation off the casing surface should give you enough humidity, but in the case it doesn't you can always mist the walls as well. No need for perlite here.

Fan a few times a day, and install that air bubbler if you're feeling up to it. Not necessary but it will be a helpful addition to your air exchange.

Good luck

To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Re: Casings? [Re: Holydiver]
    #3930119 - 03/17/05 01:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

another helpful tip if you wish is to drill two holes on each end of the rubbermaid (about an 1/8th big) and stuff them with polyfill or cover with tyvek. make sure this holes are even with the casing layer in height and they will also aid in air exchange.

Good People
Loc: the deep south
Re: Casings? [Re: jba6511]
    #3930176 - 03/17/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

sweet...thanks for the help!

Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casings? [Re: simp_pimp]
    #3930511 - 03/17/05 03:00 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Tyvek wont really help so much...doesnt do very good for fresh air exchange (try to breathe or suck through it)...gas exchange yes, its great...but polyfill is much better suited for this task (fresh air)

"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Re: Casings? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4676447 - 09/18/05 03:26 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

where about on the tubs do u put the air holes filled with polyfil. I was thinking having one at the top and one at the bottom but i've always seen it where there are just two holes at the same level bout 3/4 of the way up. best of luck to ya on ur grow. :-)

the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Casings? [Re: shroomr4life]
    #4676895 - 09/18/05 08:08 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

you want to put the bottom holes just above your casing line, and the top holes just a inch or 2 down from the top.. if your just putting the 8 holes (4 on the 2 sides) i would go with atleast 1" - 1 1/4" holes.

i put my casings into a seperate container then put them in my fruiting chamber so i put my holes a lil lower on my container, i think that the CO2 rolls out of the containers i use and builds up on the bottom of my FC, thats why i did that..

heres my last flush using single tub.

:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation