Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemupaso
Mr.
Male
Loc: zimbabwe
mycelium lumping what do i do
    #3929937 - 03/17/05 12:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I am an oyster mushroom grower in Zimbabwe, I have some challenge I would like helped on. I use wheat straw as a substrate.

1. My mushroom are fruiting the bottom part only.
2. There are lumps developing oround the bags like some fried eggs what is it and how do I correct the abnomality, it caused the second flush not to come out. The lumps are whitish and it seems it is mycelium that has overgrow foaming a continuos layer around the bag.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOwl
Stranger
Loc: Netherlands
Re: mycelium lumping what do i do [Re: mupaso]
    #3930633 - 03/17/05 03:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I had this problem when the substrate in the bag dried out. Oyster mushrooms only formed at the bottom where there was still some moisture. Small mushrooms that formed at the top of the bag dried out and got covered by mycelium and new primordia. Watering the bags helped. I had a reasonable flush afterwards.

Could this be the cause of your problem?

What species of Oysters are you growing? What are your growing conditions (incubation, fruiting)?

http://www.mushworld.com has great information on the cultivation of mushrooms in tropical countries. Check it out if you don't know it already.

Good luck with your grow.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms