Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWhAcKeD
Researcher
 User Gallery
Pan cyan and Hericium erinaceus - Do I need to fan Incubator, or What's wrong?
    #3929732 - 03/17/05 11:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm growing pan cyan and lion's mane together. They've both been in my incubator (a 40 gal aquarium that stays at 70% and 79 degrees) They both started off well, but now the mycelium isn't spreading, it's just getting thicker in both spawn bags which are roughly 50% colonized. I left the plexi lid slid off 2 inches for ventilation after I fanned them today, and I've only been fanning them once a week or so. I am thrilled that I haven't lost any to contamination this time around, but I'd like to get some mushrooms out of the deal :-P Any help?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Pan cyan and Hericium erinaceus - Do I need to fan Incubator, or What's wrong? [Re: WhAcKeD]
    #3929857 - 03/17/05 12:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Fanning and humidity doesnt matter. Did you mix around the mycelium when it was about 10% done or at all yet? That may help. Got gas exchange right (some sort of filter on the bag that is uncovered and not folded under)? I dont know about Lions Mane (Shirley Knot I believe may though..) but the Pans might be better if temps were more like 82-84...still temps shouldnt be an issue. I'd say either gas exchange, poor water content to start which is now really affecting you (or close to poor, adequite at the start and dry now or wet at the bottom of the bag), and lack of mixing it around may have also hurt some (if you didnt do it)... Hope this starts to help..I'm sure you'll get lots more replies..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation