Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
important questions
    #3916294 - 03/14/05 12:34 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

me and 2 friends are planning on tripping this weekend. last time, my one friend had a bad time. there were 5 of us, we were pretty much stuck in my house, and he had a bad mind fuck.. my friend wants to take them again. the thing is, i think he is taking them pretty much anticipating another bad trip. he said he is fine because there will only be three of us and it will be at his house.. but im still having my doubts. ever since that last experiance, it gave him a bad outlook on psychedelics. he also has been acting strange since the last time.. he has always been a little strange but i think last time made it worse. for example, when people talk to him, its like he hears them, but wont respond.

so i dont know if we should do it or not. what should i tell him to make him understand that tripping can give him a better outlook on life as opposed to bad. i know deep down he can have a great time. what would you do in a situation like this? what would you tell you friend before tripping?

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemvpuig
Stranger
Re: important questions [Re: danlennon3]
    #3917281 - 03/14/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

jus tell him 2 take them and not evan anticapte a high like just eating them as a snack. worked for my friend he got over his fear of bad trips

Offlinemvpuig
Stranger
    #3917287 - 03/14/05 04:56 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

or jus smoke a little weed then drop them when ur high that works to

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

Re: important questions [Re: mvpuig]
    #3917334 - 03/14/05 05:02 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

mvpuig said:
jus tell him 2 take them and not evan anticapte a high like just eating them as a snack. worked for my friend he got over his fear of bad trips

that sounds like a good idea

i want him to be aware that he chooses his own destiny but i dont know how to word it correctly

--------------------

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
    #3918967 - 03/14/05 11:56 PM (19 years, 19 days ago)

Do you have access to the outdoors?

What if you guys are sitting in the house, and really really want to go for a walk in nature or something - can that happen?

And - nobody has to drive or talk to parents/bosses/cops, right?

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

Re: important questions [Re: Grizzy]
    #3919073 - 03/15/05 12:26 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

no interaction with parents or cops. if we walk around there is a possibility of cops. nature is my favorite place to be but there isnt much around where we live.

tonight my friend seemed ok. i mentioned our plans and he seems like he will be o.k.

last time we all kind of bugged each other out. we were all having fun until we ran out of things to do. this is when things got bad for him. i just dont want that to happen again

this time there will be only 3 of us as opposed to 5. we will be in a much bigger house too. what do you guys do when trippin in an empty house?

--------------------

OfflineChingChong
Non-OffensiveTalker

Loc: Where the buffalo roam
    #3919118 - 03/15/05 12:37 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

i've gone through some bad trips because of other peoples houses. Its like I wanted to do something but there was just absolutley nothing to do and everytime i thought of an idea everybody turned it down. Iit just felt like couldnt do anything cuz it wasnt my house and everything was the other persons posessions. Thats why I like tripping outside, even if its just walking around.

--------------------
How can one murder enormously if one is microscopic.

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

Re: important questions [Re: ChingChong]
    #3919176 - 03/15/05 12:48 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

it wasnt because of the house we were at. it was because none of us could agree on something. we were like stuck at my house. i like going outside but i was too paranoid because my area sucks. we are going to be in a new area so i know i wont feel that way.

months after the experiance, we talked about what happened and he said most of the stuff he was thinking about was personal.one thing he did say was that he got caught up in the fact of being a follower or a leader. because i guess considered himslef a follower because we tried to make decisions of what to do... but anytime we asked him what to do, he had no clue. so this must have bugged him out.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3919856 - 03/15/05 05:45 AM (19 years, 19 days ago)

things to do, having fun, nothing to do, where to go...

just --- be...
sit down and --- listen to the silences...
sit quietly --- and watch the void...
just --- being with each other --- can be very intense...

~
check out tim leary's _psychedelic prayers_

~
maybe have a room (or 2) set aside for "personal space" - maybe a mat or sleeping bag, a candle or a wall hanging (a mandala?), a couple groovy picture books... no lock on the door needed, just a place for 1 to chill a bit if things get a bit "pushy"...
some primo music on the CD player...
some light & nutritious snacks, & easy drink-stuff (maybe on a table or in a cooler?)...
a central gathering place, maybe with musical instruments (if y'all play)...
a bottle of niacinamide, some vit C, maybe a few valiums or xanax...
take the phone off the hook & turn the cell phones off (or vibrate instead of ring)...

take care of each other, respect each other's spaces, remember --- we're all here together...

sounds like advice from a geezer, y'know? heh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineLemmiwinks
Looking throughthe mirrorwindows.

Re: important questions [Re: gnrm23]
    #3920233 - 03/15/05 08:51 AM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Yea just smoke some herb then takem em in some PB AND J'S and then take another J:)

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

Re: important questions [Re: Lemmiwinks]
    #3921174 - 03/15/05 01:30 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

i have no problem with trippin. my friend on the other hand does not know how to deal with the mental craziness and just pushes himself farther and farther. the part that bothers me the most is that when he gets this way, he becomes oblivious to anything you say. it seems like anything you say will just push him further into oblivion

--------------------

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3921948 - 03/15/05 04:51 PM (19 years, 18 days ago)

Just tell him when you start to trip that everything will be O.K., and that he will come back the same just as he did the first time.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineGrizzy

Re: important questions [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3925375 - 03/16/05 12:34 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

You are onto one of the most critical things about a trip and avoiding "bad trips". ---> KEEPING BUSY.

Make a list of things to do and have a backpack onhand with a bunch of "goodies". Make sure these things are safe, NO FIREWORKS!
Here's some suggestions:
1) Anything artistic - water colors, fingerpainting, building a pyramid with blocks of wood...
2) Something visual - glowsticks are great. Tie a string to them and the fun goes up. Tie other end of string to a fan and fun goes up even more. Cut them open and splatter them on something like a little ball, then play "catch" in the dark with the glowing ball. Just toss it back and forth with your buddies - I promise you will love it.
3) Something physical, but nothing dangerous. NO ROCKCLIMBING! Fun, safe, sports are a blast. Basketball, volleyball, tennis - a bunch of fun. No hockey, football, or baseball. Don't overexert yourself, no running miles.
4) Video games. Gran Turismo, DRIVER 2(the two player action where you jump and hit each other in the air), shoot 'em up games, Sonic the Hedgehog, etc...you get the picture.
5) Observe nature, even in a city. If you're lucky enough to find ants, follow their trail back towards their base and just sit around and watch them work. It's like a little village scrambling and bustling about. Fun stuff. If you don't have any critters to watch, watch the clouds move through the sky. If no clouds, watch the water in a creek flor. If it's night, watch the milky-way galaxy in the star-filled sky.
6) Be a scientist, follow in the steps of Albert Hoffman. Document your journey! Get paper, pen, stopwatch, and a few other things(read on). Study yourself. Have a list of checks you want to perfom on the effects of the trip.
For instance, experiment #1 - TIME PERCEPTION. Get the stopwatch ready and tell your friend to estimate and tell you when he thinks 20 seconds have gone by. Time it and compare the results. Then, ask him to tell you when a full minute has gone by. Compare his answer to your recording(if you can manage that).
Experiment #2 - TASTE TEST. Do a taste-test. Set up a few samples, like Coke vs Pepsi vs RC cola. Have them taste and guess what is what. Another fun twist on this is to take different Starbursts or Skittles and have them eat one without looking at the color and have him tell you what color he thinks he ate.

There are millions more but this puts you in the right direction.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
    #3927077 - 03/16/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

After my bad trip... I just took a small dose... very mild visuals... mainly the narcotic effects... it got me back into the groove

Offlinefliped
The Lost One
Male

Loc: Pacific Northwest
    #3928368 - 03/16/05 10:43 PM (19 years, 17 days ago)

nice info grizzy, planning out things to do when you are tripping makes things go much smoother

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

Re: important questions [Re: fliped]
    #3928936 - 03/17/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 17 days ago)

my friend wants to have plans ready and stuff. im going to see if he will take half the dose also. theres a lot i want to explain to him, but i dont want to bug him out.. i was going to tell him days before we dose but everytime i see him, i forget all the stuff i want to tell him or its just not the right situtation

--------------------

OfflineJack_Flash
Male User Gallery

Loc: richmond, BC
    #3929855 - 03/17/05 10:01 AM (19 years, 16 days ago)

holy crap sonic on psychadelics would be the funnest thing ever!! oh hey, grizzy do you have the sonic collection?(xbox game)
1st time i did acid i was just wih some friends of mine (2 guys, 1 girl) and we watched live in pompeii
1st time i did mushrooms i was with 2 girls and 1 guy in STANLEY PARK!!!! that so cool, i climbed trees, we hung out at the beach, walked through the city(comedown of course)
spring break is gonna be great!!!!

Edited by Jack_Flash (03/17/05 10:04 AM)

Offlinedanlennon3
Male User Gallery

Re: important questions [Re: Jack_Flash]
    #3938402 - 03/19/05 12:29 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

ALL i can say is WOW.... we dosed way earlier today and i had quite possibly the best trip of my life.. It's definatley up there on top of my best times. there were 3 of us and my one friend, who had a bad trip last time, also had the best time of his life.. many funny moments.

--------------------

OfflineTadpole
Stranger

#3939026 - 03/19/05 06:47 AM (19 years, 15 days ago)

Sweet.

OfflineGrizzy

Re: important questions [Re: Tadpole]
    #3947190 - 03/21/05 12:52 AM (19 years, 13 days ago)

Glad to hear it, danlennon3!

Seriously, for me it's like hearing that my favorite team won another game.  Yahoo!

And unfortunately, Jack, I don't have any of the sonics now. 
But, Gran Turismo 4 is out, so I'm busy on that one...  :smile:

You know...if the entire world could have an awesome trip - a lot of problems would be solved real quick-like, ha ha.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies