Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
how far does it go?
    #3928329 - 03/17/05 12:31 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

note: these are just different ideas i was pondering over and I'd like to share them with you all  :grin:

How far does duality go? How deep does the ego go to define itself? From the very beginning the initial duality complex arises from light and dark.  Is it light that defines darkness or the other way around?

From this initial duality complex, the rest of duality arises. 

When light is received, the mind perceives a world.  This world is viewed as separate from the observer and so births the new duality complex, the difference between you and the world. There is the outer world, and then there is the inner world.  Are both one and the same or is it true separation?

The mind views the world as separate and so comes in our next duality complex, life and death.  The fact that the inner world will cease to be, but the outer world will still exist.  Does life beget the meaning of death?  Is it without life there is no death, or is it without death there isn?t life?

These first three complexes are here to guide us, without these complexes, there isn?t an experience to be had.  But do we sometimes go too far?

From here the mind then goes on to meet others and so another complex arises, with or without. From here time is created so there is efficiency.  From here status can be defined.  Status caters to culture, politics, religion, and wealth. These play and sometimes prey upon the mind using the first three experience complexes. We then hold on these complexes and so we identify with them

The system that we have in place now goes even deeper that aforementioned categories.  We have land ownership, we have boundaries defined with laws attached to each one, and a value of a fictitious currency defined for each boundary.

I have this much money, I have this much land, I am this religion, I am conservative. All of this isn?t bad, but we limit ourselves if we just box our own mind in with different categories.  Change is good, isn?t being set in a certain way of thought limiting?

Aren?t all these things that we a part of our personality experienced by the same thing?

Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: Australia
Re: how far does it go? [Re: kaiowas]
    #3928473 - 03/17/05 01:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

kaiowas said:
How far does duality go?

as long as you see everything in duality, when you stop looking to see duality is how far it goes.

suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology