Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
a meeting with Satan and Jesus
    #3927086 - 03/16/05 08:20 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

this weekend some friends and i each consumed 3g dried cubies. the group consisted of myself and my girlfriend, plus "friends' friends" wwho we know but not overly well. having experience some very intense mushroom trips myself, i am glad i was able to handle to situation.

my girlfriend has taken mushrooms before, but never a large enough dose to make it to 'mushroomland'. this being her first full dose, i was already careful that she was confortable for the duration.

after both experiencing beautiful visuals and feelings for a while, we both noticed something change in the atmosphere. Ains started telling me what she could see; pentagrams and goatheads all over the room. she felt as if she was possessed by a demon (similar to something that has happened to me before) and whilst shivering all over saying things like 'satan is in me!'.

i tried to comfort her as i could see she was completely petrified by this demon. i tried explaining to her that the demon only has power if you let it, and she seemed to come in and out of control of her body as if experimenting with it. i told her that god is satan, and that it just depends how you see/treat him. as she took this in, she started to notice that the demon was being friendly and laughing playfully.

from that point on, the demon dissapeared and in place of the pentagrams was jesus' face. Ains claimed that jesus was everywhere she looked, and she felt safe now.

i have always been a very spiritual person, always interested in religion but never involved in any organised faith like christianity. Ains has never been a religious person. not only has she never believed in jesus, but would never have looked to him for salvation from evil.

so what was it that brought on such a potentially converting religious experience? has anyone else experienced anything similar?

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Re: a meeting with Satan and Jesus [Re: ajna]
    #3927988 - 03/16/05 11:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

nobody? i was hoping i'd get some insight on this. it's still playing on my mind

--------------------

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
    #3928507 - 03/17/05 01:25 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Even if she's never believed in Jesus, she has been exposed to it enough that it planted a seed into her deep mind.

The truth comes out, plain and simple.

And then we try and make sense of it. We apply whatever we got, we just start reaching - she reached for an area in her mind where Jesus/Devil was. From seeing shows on tv, to hearing people talk, to seeing crosses with Jesus and bumper stickers...even if you don't believe it - the imagery gets into your head. And then, when you find yourself confronted with the truth of shrooms - it may become a part of your interpretation.

In this case, your friend may have discovered something bad about herself, a truth she was not comfortable admitting to herself. Maybe in the past she told herself it was ok, and now realized that in her heart - it's really not. So the guilt sets in, and she tries to rationalize. She knows she's a good person, yet how could she commit a "bad" act? Hmmm. "I don't know, but I have seen movies where good people were 'possesses' by demons" <- get where I'm going?

Now then, once she came to terms with herself, and after realizing that she still has power over the future, and to be able to carry forward with goodness - she "regained" herself, redeeming herself from her own judgement. And then, she was free - with the personification of "goodness", aka "God/Jesus".

It's actually not uncommon. And the funniest part of it all is this: That judgement, that concept of a person judging themselves based on what they truly in their heart believe and feel - that, in my educated opinion of science and psychedlics, is EXACTLY what will happen to us all when we die. That is, in fact, mankinds practical application of a heaven and hell. It's SELF APPLIED.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Re: a meeting with Satan and Jesus [Re: Grizzy]
    #3928625 - 03/17/05 01:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

thanks for your input, that does make sense to me. i was looking at it that way and also came up with another theory. because there was the application of pentagrams and symbols, i thought perhaps it was an 'occult vs organised religion' clash, and that the mushroom was in a way saying "forget everything you think you know about religion"

--------------------

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
    #3928740 - 03/17/05 02:12 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

What does she have to say about how the experience affected her?

--------------------
GET MAD SWAG MONEY BIG PIMPIN

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Re: a meeting with Satan and Jesus [Re: Wysefool]
    #3928779 - 03/17/05 02:21 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

she's quite confused about the whole thing, i suspect she may have been skeptical about what i had told her about my experiences before this, but she definately feels she has experienced god first hand. she's a little frightened still i think, and is happy to wait a while before she does shrooms again. she said she felt cleansed of impurities afterwards. i'm quite a receptive person, and i believe i can feel that she is more at one with herself now.

--------------------

OfflineAldous
enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: inside my skull
    #3929193 - 03/17/05 07:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've had a somewhat similar experience on ayahuasca.

I have no time to type it out now, and the search engine seems to be down. But I made a thread about it some 9 or 10 months ago in the S&P forum. If you do a search on my username and "possessed", you should find it as soon as the engine is up again.

Edit: Here's the thread.

Since then I've made some sense of the experience by studying some of Jung's work. If you're into psychology, you may be interested.

Edited by Aldous (03/17/05 07:44 AM)

Offlineleturheadread
pupil
 User Gallery

Re: a meeting with Satan and Jesus [Re: Aldous]
    #3930069 - 03/17/05 01:04 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I had a somewhat similar experience, it was in a time when i had turned from God as allot of bad shit happened and i didn't think it was fair.
I didn't see Jesus on the walls or anything but i did feel his presence when i needed it most, i found something inside of me that was evil and had to judge myself and come to terms with it and as you said about your friend i have been more at one with myself since that night.
Its only when you admit your powerless over your sin and that you need Gods (Jesus Christ) help to overcome that you will be set free. Mushrooms mixed with meditation and prayer are the greatest tool i have found to explore your soul subconscious and the spiritual realm. Mushrooms played a big role in me turning back to Christ, i am no longer a Christan as i was when i was young, i have realized that religion and dogma are killers of spirituality and our connection to God, real followers of the way/light seem pagan to conventional Christan's or catholics and i find comfort in knowing they fear and don't except me as i despise there plastic faith and need to stay warm in the Jesus blanket.
Its easy to turn away and make excuses for why Jesus wasn't really there comforting your freind, but wide is the path to destruction and narrow the path to salvation.
I believe your friend found something inside herself that was dark and demon was seeking entrance to your friend due to her realization that she had evil in herself, he was looking for a right of passage to bind to her, Jesus worked through you to calm her so he may fill her heart with love and protect her from her aggressor.
I give you props for handling the situation, stuff like that especially while on phycadelics is mind blowing and down right scary, but Christ was with you and i ask that you please don't disregard this, true faith is not for the week as when it is tested they will crumble like a house of cards, real followers of the light aren't pussies. ha ha anyways i don't wana get preachy i just had to share my thoughts i wish you revelation and peace in your future trips and in life. god bless
Yeshwa

--------------------
"Im the conundrummer in a band called Life Puzzler" RENAGADE ANGEL
-trip trip along
spend your day
don't spend it all
trip trip
trip but don't fall-

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Ayahuasca

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience