Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work
    #3925515 - 03/16/05 01:16 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

hey. Im a senior in high school. im already accepted to college and shit like that. So basically i just want to sit around and smoke weed and drink some beers until i go to college. But im getting screwed over so badly. I have been working like 35 hours a week At my part time job. And it sucks.

So i am asking for some advice. I would just ask for less hours but they most likely wont give me something around the 15 hour mark.

1. Just quit the job and look for a new one. I like my job to a degree though and i am settled there. i dont really want to find a new job and shit right now cause im leaving for college in 4 months u know?

2. Tell them i want to work on call. Basically this means that u work only Tuesdays when they get new shipments. And they will call you if someone calls out sick or something. this is only like 5 hours a week though Which is way too little to support me.

3. Just work what i am now.

I am gonna ask if they can give me less hours but its either a lot of hours or next to none. so what should i do? I could get a new job but it needs to be ASAP. And i kind of enjoy my job (for a job i definitly dont like working all the time though)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: ]
    #3925526 - 03/16/05 01:20 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

work the hours you have, you're going to need the money when you're in college.

ps beerweed

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Edited by lukeboots (03/16/05 01:21 PM)

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Loc: The Dark Tower
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: ]
    #3925527 - 03/16/05 01:20 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I say keep working man. Save your self some money for when you go off to school. Believe me, you'll need it. There will be plenty of time for smokin and drinkin in the days to come. Consider yourself lucky that you have a steady job my friend. There are plenty of people that dont have that luxury today.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
Oh shit, don't drink it.... It would eat away your esophagus...
mantis said:
Leave me out of this pissing contest, you fascist wang-dang-doodle!
Hattori Hanzo said:
If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut

Anonymous

Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: beejay]
    #3925547 - 03/16/05 01:23 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

im getting a scholarship actually and because of that my parents Are gonna hook me up with $.

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3925550 - 03/16/05 01:24 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

whens your b day i'll buy you a present

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

#3925557 - 03/16/05 01:25 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

lucky bastard (in reference to the Ps... congrats on the scholarship though :thumbup:) :lol: I still say work. With the extra money you could go on a trip somewhere before you start university.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

OfflineKinderfeld
BuddingHerpetologist

Loc: BatCountry
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: beejay]
    #3925657 - 03/16/05 01:42 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Plus its always nice to get those refunds back in the mail mid-year!!

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3925946 - 03/16/05 02:45 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

PrinceField2040 said:
So basically i just want to sit around and smoke weed and drink some beers until i go to college.

*pardon me as i go on a preachy rant*

think about what you've just said. you come from a priviliged background (and don't tell me you don't - you've got the internet, access to university, parents who are willing to give you money, etc) and a (presumably) decent education. why not spend your free time giving back something to the world around you? seriously - i've got nothing wrong with smoking joints and drinking beers. i do a lot of it myself. but if that is all you want to do? well, it's not my place to judge your actions, but if it were me, i'd find such an existence very meaningless. ah. give it a try. for me, i found that it soon grew old very very quickly.

*end my preachy rant*

--------------------

Offlinepstupid
foaf
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: Krishna]
    #3926072 - 03/16/05 03:15 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

I cant imagine graduating highschool and going directly to college. Taking some time off from life before its crammed down your throat seems like a good idea.

My suggestion: get laid off, collect unemployment for a month or two. Kick back, smoke some bowls, drink some beers, chill wit da homies. Spend a week or two at the beach/mountains/etc. Because god knows that you probably wont have the oppertunity to do that for a long ass time.

If you dont wanna get laid off, then just ask for a cut in hours. Cut back till you can still make ends meet, then chill the rest of the time.

Of course, you might end up like me and chill like that for 3 years..

--------------------
What is your major malfunction?

Invisiblevivid
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Berkeley, California
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work *DELETED* [Re: pstupid]
    #3926291 - 03/16/05 03:50 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Post deleted by Ripple

Reason for deletion: Chill

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: vivid]
    #3926423 - 03/16/05 04:04 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

seriously, there is no such thing as too much money, especilly when your in college. You have a stedy job, you lukcy bastard, I can't belive what I'm hearing.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleFreeker
jackaroe
Male User Gallery
Loc: buffalo
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: gdman]
    #3926439 - 03/16/05 04:07 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Stick with the job now, what got me through the horrible working days of highschool including all the bullshit work was probably some of the best advice I ever received.

In 11th grade my chemistry professor told me "In life, especially in the next few years, your gonna have to get used to doing a great deal of shit you don't wanna do." (vague memorization)

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: Freeker]
    #3926573 - 03/16/05 04:32 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

beerwizzle fo shizzle

--------------------

Offlinebanda1825
science project
 User Gallery

Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: notapillow]
    #3926731 - 03/16/05 05:04 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

work to your death.

--------------------
It's all about science project.

Offlinebeejay
some randominternet dude

Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: pstupid]
    #3927013 - 03/16/05 06:08 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

pstupid said:
I cant imagine graduating highschool and going directly to college. Taking some time off from life before its crammed down your throat seems like a good idea.

My suggestion: get laid off, collect unemployment for a month or two. Kick back, smoke some bowls, drink some beers, chill wit da homies. Spend a week or two at the beach/mountains/etc. Because god knows that you probably wont have the oppertunity to do that for a long ass time.

If you dont wanna get laid off, then just ask for a cut in hours. Cut back till you can still make ends meet, then chill the rest of the time.

Of course, you might end up like me and chill like that for 3 years..

Im pretty sure you cant collect unemployment unless you work full time.

--------------------
Anjaba said:
mantis said:
Hattori Hanzo said:

Anonymous

Re: Im a Senior in High school and im not really enjoying it cause of work [Re: Krishna]
    #3927918 - 03/16/05 08:50 PM (19 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

Krishna said:
Quote:

PrinceField2040 said:
So basically i just want to sit around and smoke weed and drink some beers until i go to college.

*pardon me as i go on a preachy rant*

think about what you've just said. you come from a priviliged background (and don't tell me you don't - you've got the internet, access to university, parents who are willing to give you money, etc) and a (presumably) decent education. why not spend your free time giving back something to the world around you? seriously - i've got nothing wrong with smoking joints and drinking beers. i do a lot of it myself. but if that is all you want to do? well, it's not my place to judge your actions, but if it were me, i'd find such an existence very meaningless. ah. give it a try. for me, i found that it soon grew old very very quickly.

*end my preachy rant*

ah true. I wouldnt say i am priviledged (in the world yes because a lot of poor people in africa and asia, but in the USA i probaly lower middle class or so) but i see what your saying.

And i dont know man. I do good things just by being myself. Like i am an eagle scout and my Eagle project helped countless people (literally thousands of needy people helped in a significant way)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains