Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefathertracy
#1 Douchebag
 User Gallery

Should I try mushrooms?
    #3926064 - 03/16/05 05:12 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I've been interested in mushrooms for a while now. I have talked to many of my friends, and they all seem to have had really awesome experiences with them. I'm just somewhat afraid of taking them.

I used to smoke weed a lot, and then I quit for about two years. Every once in a while I will take a bong rip or something, but since I quit smoking it seems everytime that I do take a hit I freak out. I get really paranoid, my heart races, and I just want it to end. So I'm thinking 'If I cant even handle weed, I'll fucking die on mushrooms."

If that were my only worry it could be easily quelled by just taking mushrooms with someone there to make sure I don't do something stupid. However, there is still one thing holding me back from trying them. I read some things on erowid and various websites about people having dormant mental illnesses and that taking psychadelic drugs can sometimes trigger them into activation. Schizophrenia was one of the main illnesses mentioned. Seeing as schizophrenia doesn't usually start affecting the individual until the late teen years, it is possible that I (and every other teenager) has a case of it that is just dormant.. I am 18. My fear is that I will take the mushrooms and not come back to my normal state of mind, but instead spring myself into Schizophrenia, or any other mental illness that may lay dormant in my brain. I don't have any history of mental problems, nor does my family, but the thought of inducing schizophrenia on myself is somewhat unsettling. Also, the fear of never returning to normal may cause me to freak out during the trip.

I am very interested and want to try them. I'm heading to Florida soon with some friends for spring break, and would love to sit on the beach and trip. However, I think for my first time I just want a tiny tiny taste of what it feels like, so I can gauge it better. Would eating 1 gram or less even have an effect on me? I would eat a 1/16th, but I have friends who have freaked out on even that small a dose.

So, in conclusion, do you guys think it would be a good or bad idea for me to try mushrooms given my fears and other drug tendencies? How much would give me a small taste for the effects (assuming the mushrooms are average potency.)

Thanks

Ryan

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekaleras
imperfectable
Re: Should I try mushrooms? [Re: fathertracy]
    #3926163 - 03/16/05 05:32 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I know a guy that is just like you. He won't touch drugs anymore because every drug he gets on he starts flipping out and thinking he's going to die. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but chill the fuck out. There are a lot of people that flip out over nothing and worry about shit that will never happen; you sound like one of these people. Dude, you aren't going to die and you aren't going to not come back from a trip. You know what causes people to get Schizophrenia on psychedelics? Flipping the fuck out over nothing. If everyone would just go into a trip without worrying and wondering if they are going to have a bad trip or die, then nothing bad would happen, at all. It is all about your state of mind going into it. My opinion is that, unless you can manage to quit worrying for no reason, you should NOT take mushrooms, or any other drug for that matter. But if you can chill out, then go eat 1/8 your first time; you'll have a blast. Anxiety going into a trip is perfectly normal, but don't take it so far as to induce fear. If you ever think that you aren't going to come down off a drug, think of this: can you put one tank gas in your car and drive forever? I didn't think so. Hope that helps.

Invisiblespl_punk
Stoner ReakingHavoc

Loc: PURGATORY
Re: Should I try mushrooms? [Re: kaleras]
    #3926194 - 03/16/05 05:36 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You'll definently die. Be born again. Have your ego splitt in two than completely destroyed and reconstruct a new one. Or a new way of looking at the world and the people and things that are in it.
Thats what make it a religious experience. Truely for the better.
Its the good and bad, the best and worst often at the same time.

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #3926201 - 03/16/05 05:37 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No, no, very few people have scizophrenia. And since none of your relatives have it, I don't think you'll get it.

If you do not have any mental illness, you should be in pretty good condition.

Just read all the FAQs about tripping, and I bet everything will go smoothly.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Should I try mushrooms? [Re: kaleras]
    #3926219 - 03/16/05 05:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, if you can just accept everything that is happening to you while you're tripping, then you've won half the battle.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#3926223 - 03/16/05 05:40 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

your concerns are normal and sensible. i think anyone who has read up on psychedelic drugs will be anxious the first time they try them.

the chances are, if you take a reasonable dose with a good set and setting, you'll be fine. i've only ever done fresh mushrooms, so i can't recommend dry dosages. do it with some friends you know well and trust, preferably friends who have experience with shrooms. set aside time to do it: preferably choose a time when you have the next day completely free. if possible, trip in a familiar place. some familiar, chilled out music will also help.

once you eat the shrooms, just sit back and relax as best as you can. you will get a rush as you come up. don't try and control the trip; just go with it. let the drug show you what it has to show you. you may find concentrating on breathing will help you relax. even if it does start to turn sour, don't fight it.

if you get to the point where you're about to eat the shrooms and you're panicking your ass off; don't eat them. some anxiety is normal but if you're really scared, don't do it.

at the end of the day, nothing can guarantee you won't have a bad trip. mental illnesses can surface during a psychedelic experience, and there's not much you can do about that. its a risk we all take when we trip.

finally, don't think that because shrooms are generally considered a harder drug than weed that you won't be able to handle shrooms. weed and shrooms are very different. there are people i know that eat acid, snort coke and shoot smack but wouldn't smoke a joint.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3926229 - 03/16/05 05:41 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thing is, weed is not mushrooms. Start small, take around 2 grams, read up on some tips here, about tunes, setting, toys, etc. Let me know if there is anything else you need to know.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience