Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethevast
driftingsomewhere...
possible contam.. maybe? (pics inside)
    #3925389 - 03/16/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

okay so i've been working on my first grow attemp, which was a casing. i've gotten some pins going and they're starting to try and mature. but now something is going on.
along the stems of almost every pin, this dark coloration is showing up. i'm not sure how to describe it. i cant even really explain what color it is. at first it looked like maybe bruising, but then it started to spread/show up everywhere. i really am at a loss as to what color it is. hopefully the pics will be sufficient.

i took a knife and cut a little sliver off of one of the stems. just underneath the discoloration is what seems to be healthy tissue. i tried to get a good picture of this, but i couldnt get anything to come out with any sort of clarity (the apartment is poorly lit).

so yeah, i'm going to attemp linking to the pictures so i dont fowl up the forum templates here.. have a look and see what you think, if you would. i'd like to know if i've blown it so i can scrap this project and contemplate starting over. also, if you can tell me what i did wrong, it'd be appreciated :smile:

http://images.filecloud.com/10399/DSC03835.JPG - this is some kinda odd mutant that popped up. at least that's what i think it is. there's actually a few of these. discoloration is on the side, kinda looks like a bruise. oddly there's also a few developing pins that seem pretty healthy/unharmed.

http://images.filecloud.com/10400/DSC03836.JPG - kinda blurry, sorry. i've got shakey hands or something. but you can see that several pins are discolored. also there's some myc on the casing itself on the right hand side that is a little offcolor :f. it doesnt appear green or cobweb-ish. just not very white.

http://images.filecloud.com/10402/DSC03841.JPG - thank god this one came out well. this one i think shows what's gonig on best. the discoloration just goes up the stem and stops at the caps. it also doesnt always completely cover the whole stem, but one side of it. on some its gone all the way around, but in every case it starts on the same side of every stem.

you'll hafta excuse my setup, i know its not the best looking thing out there. but i have been fanning and misting regularly and doing my best to take good care of the little fellows. its possible the humidity is too high, but i dont have a good method of measuring it for the moment.

alright i'll finish this post before i have a novel. thanks for any help you can give.
and uh, say something if the pictures arent working, just because i can get them to work on my end doenst mean much. i'll fix it.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinethevast
driftingsomewhere...
Re: possible contam.. maybe? (pics inside) [Re: thevast]
    #3928538 - 03/17/05 01:32 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

anyone? are the pictures not working?

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Nowhere
Re: possible contam.. maybe? (pics inside) [Re: thevast]
    #3928711 - 03/17/05 02:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes you have mutants. Are you experienced enough to notice cobweb mold. I think I see some of that.

Is the discoloration going up the fruitbody itself brown? If so, could be due to high humidity.

The first pic looks like its got cobweb, but pics are deceiving. That is one fcked up mutant. Not quite sure its a cubie.

Second pic looks like the casing is dry and a bad pinset initiation.

3rd pic, I don't know. Like I said. It's hard to tell with pics.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum